INITIALIZED KN DISCS

Posted by: etwo4788

INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/21/04 09:12 AM

It has occurred to me that it would be great to have an initialized disc from all the great KN KB's I have enjoyed & no longer own... Maybe there are others who would also like to have the same!

This is the best place I know of to ask for help to accomplish this task!

How about it "Zonies" would anyone be willing to initialize & save to 3.5 disc any of the uploadable older KN's?

I am particularly interested in a disc on each of the following....(Maybe one disc would do for all three of these.) The 1K, the 3K, & the 5K.....I will be very glad to pay for disc & postage.......

I will make one for the 6K for anyone who wants one....that & the AWESOME 7K machines are both "keepers" for me....If anyone can use a 7K initialized disc...(How I don't know)....I will be glad to do those as well!

If there is another way to go with this idea I am open to suggestion???

Many thanks for all responses....

LOVE, LIGHT, HUGS, & HARMONY! ELIZABETH

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 10:10 AM

A bit more than a whole day has passed since I posted this question.....

I am feeling ignored.....uncomfortable as a result of no response.....

Isn't anyone interested?

ELIZABETH
Posted by: ogre

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 11:02 AM

Oh Elizabeth - can't have you feeling ignored and lonely, but sorry can't help you.
Much love and happiness,
Peter
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 11:44 AM

Elizabeth, we all are probably wondering the same thing. What in the world would anyone want with an initialized disk? What would you do with it? Anyone with a hex editor can change the header on a disk from one keyboard to play on another, and all the styles were carried over for the KN7000 anyway. Personally, I don't quite understand what you're getting at, and that's why I waited.....to see the response.

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 12:12 PM

What I want to do is transfer all the stuff that was not included in all the upgrades!

There were many rhythms on some of those older models that I really enjoyed & lost when I sold the older KB's.....

They are what I want to put into my SD memory to use in the 7K....If I remembered what they are I would ask for them by name!

It seems to me having an initialized disc of each of those older machines would at least provide the rhythms I think I want.

Is there an easier way to accomplish the same thing????

All help will be appreciated!

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 01:03 PM

OGRE....Thanks for your caring...it does help!

BUD....The computer lingo is not real familiar to me....I do not know what a "hex editor" is or a "header on a disc".....I am a real newbie with computers....

I can deal with really simple step by step computer instructions pretty well....Most of the computer lingo...especially the abbreviated with letters stuff....confuses me as I do not know what most of them mean....

Please keep it simple???

Hugs.....ELIZABETH
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 01:14 PM

Elizabeth,

All styles from KN 2000 and newer are available for download at http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp.

Is this what you are after?

Fran in Florida

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 04:38 PM

FRAN....I am interested in having initialized 3.5 discs from any KN KB prior to the KN6000 & the KN7000 which I have & will keep. Specifically the 1K, the 3K, & the 5K.....These are the machines I have enjoyed & no longer have....I am interested in those rhythyms that have not been added to either the KN6000 &/or the KN7000 .....

I want to be able to access the rhythms I enjoyed from those KB's. I know how to work with the Technics KB's a whole lot better than working with the computer!

The web site on your message will not download for me...shows the page not available....

I appreciate your response to my post...
Posted by: AnthonyCian

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 06:22 PM

Hi etwo4788

The URL that Fran in Florida posted won't work because it's using the period as part of the link.

Try this, http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp

The URL above does have all the composer styles from the KN2000, to the KN6500. These are all in KN7000 format. That means you need to have a KN7000 and any compatible model to be able to use these.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 09-22-2004).]
Posted by: lrngkybrd

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/22/04 06:53 PM

Is there a web site that has all the older KN 2000, 3000, 5000 rhythms that I can download to use on my KN6500?

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/23/04 04:43 PM

Actually, Gunnar Jonny's website has a lot of the older styles listed, and a google search will probably turn up more. Remember that a lot of styles were upgraded and carried over to the newer keyboards, especially the standards in each musical catagory. From two variations to four, intros and endings, fill-ins, solos, etc. You probably won't like the older keyboard sounds after being spoiled by the KN6K and up. They just don't sound very good and need a lot of tweaking to bring them up to today's standards. Want something different? Go out on the net and gather up some Solton SX1 or Roland VA styles, or Yamaha CVP209 styles. There are some very nice sounding styles just waiting for your keyboard and along the way, you'll learn how to convert styles. What a bonus!
Posted by: lrngkybrd

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/24/04 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Actually, Gunnar Jonny's website has a lot of the older styles listed, and a google search will probably turn up more. Remember that a lot of styles were upgraded and carried over to the newer keyboards, especially the standards in each musical catagory. From two variations to four, intros and endings, fill-ins, solos, etc. You probably won't like the older keyboard sounds after being spoiled by the KN6K and up. They just don't sound very good and need a lot of tweaking to bring them up to today's standards. Want something different? Go out on the net and gather up some Solton SX1 or Roland VA styles, or Yamaha CVP209 styles. There are some very nice sounding styles just waiting for your keyboard and along the way, you'll learn how to convert styles. What a bonus!

Thank you for the tip. I have converted Soltan and Roland styles before, but never Yamaha. What program do I need to use?

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/24/04 07:29 AM

There are some great suggestions for alternatives to my original request for initialized discs from the Technics KN KB's prior to the 6K & the 7K.

As I originally posted I am interested specifically in the 1K, the 3K, & the 5K....As I have already mentioned, I am fully aware that MANY of the rhythms were carried over to the upgraded KN's. SOME were not. If I could remember those not included, that would be great....I could then just ask for those rhythms!

All of the suggested alternatives to having the initialized discs are wonderful & do provide many great & interesting ideas to work with.

Maybe I will be lucky & find people who actually still have the machines I want initialized discs from. Maybe they will allow me to do the process myself.

You have all been very helpful as usual....Thank you for posting your thoughts....

ELIZABETH

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/24/04 02:35 PM

Elizabeth, the KN1000 won't play on your KN7K and I couldn't get it to play on my KN6K, either. Any style NOT carried over to a new keyboard is included in the download of styles at the Technics website, as already stated, and WILL NOT have to be upgraded, as that chore has already been done for us. I spent many hours at my dealer cross-loading styles from one keyboard to another just to gather the styles from the older keyboards and PR's before Technics did the job for us. Had I known they would do that, I could have saved myself a ton of work, so you can see why I ask you why you want to go backwards. Not to mention, that most of the styles won't load up in the newer keyboards without help. Also, you didn't mention the KN1400, 1500, 1600, plus a few others in between.
Posted by: gregtowle

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/24/04 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
It has occurred to me that it would be great to have an initialized disc from all the great KN KB's I have enjoyed & no longer own... Maybe there are others who would also like to have the same!

This is the best place I know of to ask for help to accomplish this task!

How about it "Zonies" would anyone be willing to initialize & save to 3.5 disc any of the uploadable older KN's?

I am particularly interested in a disc on each of the following....(Maybe one disc would do for all three of these.) The 1K, the 3K, & the 5K.....I will be very glad to pay for disc & postage.......

I will make one for the 6K for anyone who wants one....that & the AWESOME 7K machines are both "keepers" for me....If anyone can use a 7K initialized disc...(How I don't know)....I will be glad to do those as well!

If there is another way to go with this idea I am open to suggestion???

Many thanks for all responses....

LOVE, LIGHT, HUGS, & HARMONY! ELIZABETH

Hi,

I can probably get all of them for you...I have them here somewhere....just trying to a juggle things around these hurricanes here in Fl.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 09/25/04 05:59 AM

Hi.

As far as I know, the KN1000 patterns can be loaded in with the style converter disk.
I don't understand the need to have the initial disks from all these old keyboards,
because they will give you nothing since they only contain 3 initial composers which
were the same as only 3 of the presets.
So I think there there is no way to getting all the presets, and also no point if they
are all available for free download on the Technics Website anyway.

Happy playing and converting
GJ
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/07/04 02:51 PM

Hello Elizabeth,

I tried doing this a few years ago because I liked the earlier versions of sounds and rhythms but it wasn't possible. I think the reason given was that some of the settings were not recognised by the latest keyboard and those that the keyboard did acknowledge were immediately updated to the latest format so the moment you saved these settings they were saved in the current format.

However, Fran gave good advice when she gave you Technics website on which all back formats were offered as free downloads but again, some are better than others. Also I am note sure whether this site has closed or the offer of freebies been withdrawn as I thought there was to be a 'cut off' time.
I eventually bought the SD 128mg card from Technote which has all the older keyboards rhythms, sounds and Custom styles on it, but you must be aware that the Custom Styles and the 'ALL' loading facilities didn't appear until the KN5000 I think it was,therefore some of these older styles etc., do not offer these facilties but I can thoroughly recommend this SD card. The full list shown on the Technics site are on it. For your information Technote's website is:-
www.technote.com

and their email address is:-

enquiries@technote.com

Hope this helps.

Aud
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/07/04 04:33 PM

All the styles from previous keyboards, converted to KN7000 format, are still available here : http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp

By the way Audrey, Fran is a 'HE' not a 'SHE'

------------------
Willum

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/07/04 08:49 PM

AUDREY.....Just found your post! Thank you for your good suggestions! I do know about Technote...great source. My challenge is with the computer processing.... I do not know how to "unzip" files...& all the language everyone but me seems to understand! This is why I want the initialized discs for all the old KB's I no longer have....I can deal with them a lot easier than with the computer processes!

My request for all the old stuff has nothing to do with "need" as some have suggested...It is about "want" & ease of understanding....

A visiting keyboardist here in our park spent this afternoon with me sharing our passion for music....She plays great Ragtime....Turned me on to www.John Roache.com very exciting music! (Most music is very exciting to me.....the exception I can think of is my grandson's "Emo Punk)....

My new friend downloaded lots of Ragtime to floppy from her computer. The floppies would not load to my 7K....Any suggestions on what is needed?.... All the music on floppy is in midi & we had her computer connected to my KB....The floppy was clean & formatted...

Yes Bill....good idea to identify location...I am in S.E. New Mexico...U.S.A. My KB's are both Technics..the 6K I play every Sat for local Nursing Home residents & staff & my AWESOME 7K I play at home....If I could handle it I would take it to the NH!
Posted by: MrEd

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/07/04 10:30 PM

FYI: The John Roache site is now http://www.johnroachemusic.com/

Ed
Posted by: MrEd

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/07/04 10:52 PM

Elizabeth
The John Roache site is interesting. Has some good stuff. Looks like its popular too. I think its the 1st site I have visited where the visitor counter is over the 1 million mark.

Or maybe, I just don't get out enough.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/08/04 12:34 PM

Elizabeth,

I have all of John Roache Piano Rags that I could find in midi on floppies. They load into my 7000 with no problem. The 7000 need not be connected to a computer.

If you do not have Alec Pagida's books on the 6500 and 7000, you should get them from Walt Tenay. They would answer a lot of your questions and assist with the keyboard/computer connections.

Fran a man in Florida

Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS - 10/09/04 07:00 AM

FRAN....Thanks for the suggestions on how to load the John Roache floppies....I do have Alex's book....Had decided it would be a good idea to check in that for more information....

Now also have all that great Ragtime on CD from the same new friend! For me just dealing with the Technics KB's is so much easier than with the computer alone & with it USB'd to my 7K!

As I am quite persistant, eventually I will get it all working smoothly with all the great help I receive here & elsewhere.

Usually when I turn on my 7K all I want to do is just play & mess around with the registrations & tweaking the sounds & rhythms to my likeing!