SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55343 - 01/26/02 12:27 PM Make your sequences upward compatible
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
When you record a sequence with your keyboard using internal built-in rhythms, that sequence does not always use the correct rhythm in later model keyboards. You can make your sequences upward compatible (for example KN3000 to KN6000) if you first copy the built-in rhythm you intend to use into the composer. Then use the composer for your rhythm rather than the built in rhythms. When you do this, later model keyboards will have the correct rhythm because they are using whatever you placed into the composer. It is true, that with the KN5000 for example, you can’t place all of the eight fill-ins into a single composer memory but you can usually work around that by using all of the composer memories or just selecting two of the available fill-ins to use. If you make your sequences this way, you will know that your friend that has a later model keyboard can play your songs almost exactly the way you recorded them, with the only difference being differences in sound samples.

#55344 - 01/27/02 03:28 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
A very good point Bob. The same thing also applies to any Custom Styles. I recently received a song that had used a custom style (from the original set)but in that location I had a completely different style. The result was quite confusing until I realized what the problem was and reloaded the orignal Custom Styles.

#55345 - 01/27/02 08:17 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bob & John. Unfortunately Technics is now about the only modern keyboard that will not Save As Midi File a Recorded Squence. May be they will put this matter right on the forthcoming KN7000.

Graham UK

#55346 - 01/27/02 10:30 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
HI Graham
We'll keep our fingers crossed, but at the same time not hold our breath

#55347 - 01/27/02 11:41 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
If Technics doesn't get their act together on the next keyboard (in several ways), we may as well start looking at the Yamaha PSR10000 because they simply won't be able to compete.

#55348 - 01/28/02 01:55 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
technicsplayer Offline

it is pretty easy to save to a midi from an easy-record performance on the 6000/6500.

see http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000352.html

#55349 - 02/04/02 08:59 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I've run into the same problem when trying to convert styles to the kn6k. People will take the short route and use custom memories and that makes all the tempos the same. I always copy the file into the composer and work on them there. Much more control and the tempo stays true. It can be a real hassle trying to figure out what the proper tempo should be, other than 120. Using the custom memory is fine if you also include the true tempos in a text file.

#55350 - 02/04/02 10:53 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Bud,
Whilst not being particularly religious I love Gospel Music. They are among the first styles I check out when buying a new keyboard. It is a pity that there are only ever one or two to be found and to be honest I have never seen a commercial disk anywhere that was all gospel styles. Maybe I missed one???
Having used some of your excellent conversions before you should produce your own disk and sell it on. I am sure the demand would be far higher than you imagine.
Best wishes
Tony

#55351 - 02/04/02 10:57 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Ok I am not sure how I managed this one but I replied to one thread and it ended up in here. (SPOOOOOKY)
Apologies, this was obviously meant for the other thread! Well if its worth reading once it is worth reading twice
Tony

#55352 - 02/04/02 11:17 AM Re: Make your sequences upward compatible
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bud, if you put the tempo in the panel memory before you copy to custom, you don't need a text file. Each custom has its own tempo and all other registrations available.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online