SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55174 - 06/07/06 08:36 AM New Music Software For Technics Keyboards Only
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
With permission from a well known national and international organist and keyboard board player we now have available PLay like A Pro (Series one) of Six that have been revoiced NX - EQ'd with other on board effects for the KN6000, KN6500 KN7000 and KN2600 on a SD Card. These are super arrangements.

This is not easy play record with tracks added. This has been recorded track by track and a full professional songs with 6-8 tracks - 3-4 minutes average length, The melody can be shut off track 4 and you can play along with your own technic or change NX instuments and resave etc., add a track Don't know what NX instruments are -SHAME- SHAME.

Great full lenth songs like Satin Doll, Dont Get Around Much, Tangerine, Sleepy Time Gal, Blue Bayou etc using all the great drum sounds, nx instruments.

This listing is on ebay with an actual short demo of four of the 12 songs. floppy. Quality has been compressed but on your keyboard it will sound fantastic!!.

The ebay listing is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TECHNICS-KEYBOARD-PL...1QQcmdZViewItem

You can call me toll free for more info or any questions:

East Coast time: 1-800-706-1088
keyboards@bellsouth.net

#55175 - 06/07/06 06:55 PM Re: New Music Software For Technics Keyboards Only
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Walt,

I listened to the four demos yesterday. The playing is above average but the drum tracks fall short of being good. They sound right off a preset in the keyboard and they are known to not be very good.

I discussed a situation like this on another post. Any good musician MUST learn how a musician plays and in this case, a drummer. This boom-a-kish, boom-a-kish measure after measure just doesn't cut being professional. On at least two of the songs I heard, the cymbals used sounded like someone hitting on a dishpan.

Scott

#55176 - 06/08/06 12:29 AM Re: New Music Software For Technics Keyboards Only
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Walt from across the pond
Can I assume that these rhythms are from the standard built in sets in the KN 2600/7000 keyboard and not special composed rhythms?
What are they worth with all the sequenced material stripped out of them which would be the first thing I would do?
Best wishes from the U.K.
Roger M

#55177 - 06/08/06 05:49 AM Re: New Music Software For Technics Keyboards Only
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Roger and Scott,

Thanks for your comments, but evidently you did not digest my complete post here and on the ebay listing. When you compress files especially these files on ebay, (by the way to have audio in a ebay listing is a first) the files are super compressed meaning what is going to suffer are the highs, cymbals, and if you listen close you'll hear some flutter on the pianos.

The whole concepts of audio with this listing is for people to get an idea of what the arrangements are like. I did mention that quality would suffer. Of course I am sure you know that a typical recording that the majority of us would make would be 41000 hz, 16 bits. However to get these on ebay we had to reduce the hz to around 20000 and the bit size to 24kbbs. So as you continue to compress you continue to loose more highs etc.

Also they were meant for the mid to average player to be able to get into the keyboard and have some fun changing stuff around.
The concept of these arrangements were to have a small combo, quartet, trio feeling than a whole orchestra, very overwhelming for the new player.

The drum track was made from scratch not from any patterns on the keyboards, the artist that did them has more awards than I have fingers and toes.

However, this discussion about quality of sounds give me a great opportunity to shamelessly promote my new site if you want to hear (I think) some great sounds produced from the KN6000/KN 7000 and KN2600. (No Tryos 2 here) Please visit my site at:

(http://www.justusduo.com)

and listen to my opening songs, demo page and songs we like page - but be prepared to wait for loading since there are in MP3.

And if you have dial up, have lunch, hoist a few and come back. I think once you hear these you'll know I am very fussy about sound.

So my offer guys still is: what address would you like a Wav or MP3 sample sent from the ebay listing. And if you tell me what keyboard you have I'll send you one of the songs so you can play it in your keyboard and see what the "real deal" is and your hearing can the judge.

I got it!!! You show me your stuff and I'll show you mine.

Best

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
With permission from a well known national and international organist and keyboard board player we now have available PLay like A Pro (Series one) of Six that have been revoiced NX - EQ'd with other on board effects for the KN6000, KN6500 KN7000 and KN2600 on a SD Card. These are super arrangements.

This is not easy play record with tracks added. This has been recorded track by track and a full professional songs with 6-8 tracks - 3-4 minutes average length, The melody can be shut off track 4 and you can play along with your own technic or change NX instuments and resave etc., add a track Don't know what NX instruments are -SHAME- SHAME.

Great full lenth songs like Satin Doll, Dont Get Around Much, Tangerine, Sleepy Time Gal, Blue Bayou etc using all the great drum sounds, nx instruments.

This listing is on ebay with an actual short demo of four of the 12 songs. floppy. Quality has been compressed but on your keyboard it will sound fantastic!!.

The ebay listing is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TECHNICS-KEYBOARD-PL...1QQcmdZViewItem

You can call me toll free for more info or any questions:

East Coast time: 1-800-706-1088
keyboards@bellsouth.net

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online