SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47292 - 05/29/06 06:34 AM Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

We all know Technics have ceased producing musical instruments. No more KN8000 in the future. So sad, but isn¡¯t KN7000 equips with upgradeable OS which resides in the flash memory? Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are? Do they have the right to upgrade and sell the OS without infringe the copyright issue? Since the sounds are so good that I don¡¯t even bother to upgrade but on the other hand I¡¯m really interested in paying the software for an upgrade as there are still plenty of rooms to improve beside the hardware. I don¡¯t know whether I¡¯m asking a stupid question here. If it¡¯s possible, what are the features you would like to upgrade?
For me, here is the list:
1. Pressing one of the 4 VARIATION buttons should trigger a FILL IN pattern (Yes like T2).
2. When MSA mode is on (Sound & Rhythm option being selected), the moment a FILL-IN button is triggered, it should bring up next registration instantaneously before the end of FILL-IN but currently it changes at the end of FILL-IN making this option totally useless (I used Rhythm only though).
3. Enhance Composer editing capability. Such as note edit as currently it¡¯s not possible to program guitar strumming without using the Sequencer features (Although it does have a tool to copy from Sequencer to Composer but not from Composer to Sequencer).
4. Able to play monophonic and polyphonic sound without a need to switch the button (Also T2 feature).
5. Enable guitar strumming LIVE. Actually this can be achieved with the formation of chord in our left and right hand if ever they have included some kind of delay in each note of a chord
6. Able to select an edited sound from the sound memory to mix with one of the 4 preset tones in the Sound Edit menu. Great for guitar effects
7. Should allow Performance Pad to play more than one track. Currently only one at a time.
8. ¡­¡­¡­¡­¡­¡­¡­¡­

Well guys, can you continue from here.

Regards
Hammond

#47293 - 05/29/06 07:08 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Hammond
As far as I am aware, most of them moved over to Korg, in fact in the UK most of the demonstrators also moved over to Korg.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#47294 - 05/29/06 01:20 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Hammond

I like your idea. It would be great if there was an upgrade possible to load, that left the hardware as is, but improved some functionality, like Tyros behaviour of automatic fill-ins when switching between variations. And some more...

------------------

#47295 - 05/29/06 01:45 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Some left for Roland to develop their new lines, also.

#47296 - 05/29/06 09:14 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bernie9. Is that why the G70 did not come up to expectations...Ha!!!

#47297 - 05/29/06 10:56 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi hammondkua

Speaking with my experience in the USA with some issues that needed the programers. The Technics Programers are no longer.

I know you said Upgrade (which is impossible), but I do have a comment on your issue #2 MSA. I mean think about it, if you press a fill-in with the MSA on, even if the next registration changed at that moment, it won't be played because the fill-in is playing. The next registration starts on queue right after the fill-in is done playing, thus the "sense" it changes at the end (but it's really at the begining of the next measure after the fill-in). Both the fill-in and the next registration can not be played at the same time, so the next registration waits it's turn. What would you like the upgrade do?

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 05-29-2006).]

#47298 - 05/30/06 07:12 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

Hi Anthony
Yes I do agree. The next variation of rhythm does not play but what about the next sound? The change is needed mainly because our right hand always needs to start playing a melody line before the end of fill-in unless you continue with the same sound otherwise you would have to mix both the old and the new in a very bad transition. I¡¯m sure many of the songs behave in this way. Anyway it¡¯s still possible to overcome with the aid of a foot switch by storing our favorite sounds in the panel memory first and later on get triggered.

Thanks for your comments

Regards
Hammond

#47299 - 05/30/06 09:33 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Ok, I see what you are saying and agree with you. I use the MSA a lot and at times wished the same thing that the sound part would change at the same time the fill-in was pressed so it can use the new sound that's coming in.

But I do have a work around...

It's very limited and primitive but it works for me. Two things for this to work, a 80 Tempo or less, and no melody on the first beat. That's because we will need both hands for the change.

Turn ON MSA and copy the 4 variations on the Panel Memory 1-4. You can change R1/R2 to different sounds which makes it nice. Now the trick, turn OFF MSA, we won't use it. That's right, TURN OFF MSA!

Make sure Variation 1 is set to play together with panel memory 1 (matches). Play the song, at the point of the fill-in use the left hand using two fingers, one (the little pinky) to press variation 2 and the other (the thumb) to press the fill-in. This is done at the same time. Also during this time, using the right hand press panel memory 2. That means you are pressing 3 buttons at the same time. I do this when it reaches the 4th beat. Done correctly, Variation 2 and it's sounds will play during the fill-in.

Other advantages is that you can apply the method to change from variation 1/Panel Memory 1 to Variation 4 Panel Memory 3 and get some different "next" sound arrangements. Not limited to sequence 1-4. Plus you can use both fill-ins and choose which direction the next change will be.

Since both hands are used to simulate MSA is ON, is why I suggested the tempo of 80 or less. But if anyone is game and would like to apply this at higher tempos, then go for it.

Again this is primitive but works for me. Try it!

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 05-30-2006).]

#47300 - 05/30/06 10:14 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Using a 4 and 2 single foot switch works for me without the use of the hands.

Fran in SC

#47301 - 05/31/06 04:30 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

Hi Anthony
Thanks for your 3-finger-style sharing but I can¡¯t compete with that would rather choose a foot switch though. The funny thing is Technics did not bother to improve this feature since the released of KN1000! I don¡¯t understand! It was a painful experience ever since we have to copy those preset sounds suggested by the boards into the panel memory before used. Another similar problem is the location of the panel memory. God! Why didn¡¯t they place it on the left side of the keyboard isn¡¯t our left hands are freer than our right hands? If both problems are fixed we don¡¯t even need to use a foot switch or controller. But now it seem everything is over we just have to live with it.

Regards
Hammond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online