SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55071 - 12/09/04 05:21 AM Logitech
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Well,I decided to go for the Logitech speaker set up for my KN7000,wow,they're great,they have really enhanced the sound with a fantastic full bass;that is a serious sub-woofer!I love those reversable stands on the satellites,which I've done and now have them wall mounted(more holes in the wall the missus moans!).So thanks to all who made me aware of these great value for money speakers.
Cheers,David.

#55072 - 12/09/04 10:15 PM Re: Logitech
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Great! Which model did you get?

#55073 - 12/10/04 03:19 AM Re: Logitech
Flyer Offline

Hi Scott,I ended up with the Z-2200 from Amazon,£108.32,maybe had I really shopped around hard I could have done better financially,but,hey,they sound GREAT.I may even get another set for my hi-fi!
One thing that did suprise me though was the size of the sub-woofer,that's a big mother and sort of precludes it being positioned under the right hand side of the keyboard(where your right foot and maybe some pedal controllers would go in a home set-up).I recommend them to anyone who would like to bring out the true sound of these fantastic Technics instruments for a minimal outlay,and I have this forum to thank for steering me in the right direction!
Cheers,David.

#55074 - 12/10/04 10:46 AM Re: Logitech
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi David,

Just a suggestion. I bought the sub-woofer offered by Technote. That was quite some time ago. Since I have organ pedals on the floor beneath the keyboard, there was not enough space remaining for the sub-woofer and footswitches. Sooo, I built a small table (about 14" square with four legs about 10" high) for the sub-woofer to rest on. Now, my footswitches fit easily under the table and I have the best of both worlds.

As of yesterday, however, I have complicated the situation somewhat. Like you, I bought the z2200 speaker system. Soooo, what I have decided to do is build a shelf wide enough to accomodate the Logitech stuff (with the Logitech sub-woofer in the center). The length of the shelf will be slightly less than the inside to inside measurement between the keyboard stand legs. I'll mount the shelf on the wall below the keyboard. I will remove the Technote sub-woofer and keep my footswitches where they are. Should make a nice setup.

Incidentally, I paid £3 more than you for the Logitech system. But I'm happy. Maybe I'll sell the Technote sub-woofer. Haven't decided yet what I want to do.

Take care, David.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 12-10-2004).]

#55075 - 12/10/04 12:13 PM Re: Logitech
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I set my sub woofer and controls on a rolling cart that houses my rackmount equipment(Bbe Sonic Maximizer,mixer,vocal harmonizer)when I play out. I had thought that the sub woofer had to be on the floor,because that is where they belong.

I found that elevating it say 16 inches does not detract from the sound, especially as strong as that is.

Chuck, that's a good idea.

Bernie

#55076 - 12/10/04 03:08 PM Re: Logitech
Flyer Offline

Hi,yes,I was led to believe the sub-woofer was meant to sit on the floor,but if you say mounting it above floor level doesn't detract from the sound(my god,there's plenty of welly there!I've got the bass knob at about 1/4 in my little music room).So maybe I'll do some experimenting with placement.Thanks guys,regards,David.

#55077 - 12/13/04 11:23 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Flyer:
Well,I decided to go for the Logitech speaker set up for my KN7000,wow,they're great,they have really enhanced the sound with a fantastic full bass;that is a serious sub-woofer!I love those reversable stands on the satellites,which I've done and now have them wall mounted(more holes in the wall the missus moans!).So thanks to all who made me aware of these great value for money speakers.
Cheers,David.

It's good to hear you're so very enthousiastic about the Logitech set. I was thinking about buying this set also but hestitated a little because of the remarks some users made about the bass being too prominent. But I understand that you bought them knowing they ought to be good, but was pleasantly surpised that they sound even better than expected.

I have the KN6500, so it should complement that good as well. Don't you have any problem with the bass level? I would really like to know this because my musicroom/study isn't that big either.

By the way, you can't get the Z2200 here in Holland anymore. But that's ok because I think it's successor, the Z2300, looks even better at about the same price.

Cheers

------------------
Tom NL

#55078 - 12/13/04 12:23 PM Re: Logitech
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Tom,

As noted in my post above, I have purchased the z2200 speaker system, but I have not installed it yet. Have to build a shelf for it to rest on, so I cannot answer your question concerning the bass level. However, Fran, in Flyer's post on 12/09 said the bass is adjustable. Scroll down to Flyer's topic "Speakers" and read the thread. There is a lot of good information about the Logitech speaker system.

Chuck

#55079 - 12/13/04 12:44 PM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chuck/Tom,

Chuck,I also have the problem with the (4) foot swich but your idea solved my problem. My bench saw will be buzzing tomorrow.

Tom,there is a separate bass level along with the master volume level. For my home, which is very bright, 1/4 bass level and about 1/2 master is great. Sure makes full, deep organ sounds

Fran in Florida

#55080 - 12/13/04 01:43 PM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Thanks a lot for the information guys!

The Z-2300 sure looks slick, but seems to be missing the wall mounting option the Z-2200 has. Since the satellites are built upwards-firing, it seems to me that it is only possible to place them on a shelf or cabinet. Pity! I'll have to find some creative solution for placing them, since I don't want to place a shelf on the wall behind my keyboard.

------------------
Tom NL

#55081 - 12/13/04 10:39 PM Re: Logitech
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Fran,

I'll be listening for the buzz of that saw along about 4 p.m. (8 a.m. your time). Glad my idea helped you. I'm anxious to get my shelf up and the speaker system operating. Your comment, "Sure makes full, deep organ sounds." is what I want to hear. I love organ sounds.

Happy sawing!

Chuck

#55082 - 12/14/04 05:08 AM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom,

I have a piece of 1/4 plywood between the stand and keyboard, same width but extends 8" on each end for floppys and such. Could be used for the speakers.

Fran in Florida

#55083 - 12/14/04 07:02 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
Thanks a lot for the information guys!

The Z-2300 sure looks slick, but seems to be missing the wall mounting option the Z-2200 has. Since the satellites are built upwards-firing, it seems to me that it is only possible to place them on a shelf or cabinet. Pity! I'll have to find some creative solution for placing them, since I don't want to place a shelf on the wall behind my keyboard.

Hi Tom,

How about putting the satelite speakers on speaker stands obtainable from Argus cost £20 per pair.This is what I will do when I eventually get the Logitech set up.

Derek

#55084 - 12/14/04 10:02 AM Re: Logitech
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Maybe this thread will give you some ideas ... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009531.html
Also, depending on the weight, I've heard of some people using 'industrial' velcro to mount small speakers...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-14-2004).]

#55085 - 12/14/04 11:15 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Those are some great tips!

Fran, the piece of board on top of the keyboardstand sure is a handy solution but I'm just a bit to fussy for that (is that the right word?), but that is more my problem . It has to look good also.

Thanks Tony, for the link to that thread.

Derek, putting them on those slim "home-theater" satellite stands is an elegant option. I don't know Argus, I think that's an English store and I live in Holland. This is an example that costs around € 40.- per set in Holland. The ones that are height adjustable are about € 69.- What do you think, would that work for you?
[img]http://www.vogels.com/data/PP/EPVLS120[/img]

The Z-2300, judging on the pictures, don't seem to have a mounting option on the back, so I'm not sure how to fix them to the speaker stands.

------------------
Tom NL

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 12-14-2004).]

#55086 - 12/14/04 11:19 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

It worked! Adding an image that is

------------------
Tom NL

#55087 - 12/14/04 10:20 PM Re: Logitech
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
http://www.psrtutorial.com/Resources/musictips.html

Click on Logitech Z-5500.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 12-14-2004).]

#55088 - 12/15/04 11:39 AM Re: Logitech
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
I have had the logitec 2200 for three weeks and get more impressed every gig. On Monday and Tuesday of this week I have been with the Drifters in Usk South Wales and the gigs have had the best sound yet. Keep all the speakers on the floor if you can.Merry Christmas to all during this mad few weeks.

------------------
rog.

#55089 - 12/17/04 08:53 AM Re: Logitech
BillT Offline

Loc: Norwich UK
I have been following this thread for some time ,and based upon the enthusiasm shown by most of the posts decided to go for some Z-2200's .I'm really glad I did -they are as good as I had hoped ,however the warnings on the booklet(the one that comes with the speakers) say's only to connect them to line out jacks,presumably because this type of outlet isnt amplified in any way.The trouble is that on my KN6K the line out ......and obviously the headphone outlet are all amplified --dependant on the setting of the master volume switch on the keyboard. So, may i ask,what are you others doing ????guessing at a suitable keyboard volume???-- thats all I can assume.Perhaps somebody with the relevant tech knowledge can advise if I am risking any damage to the Z-2200's or am I completely missing something here.
regards
Bill T

#55090 - 12/17/04 11:16 AM Re: Logitech
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Use your line out. Mine are connected there and volume control is from the kb and the controls on the Z2200.

Bernie

#55091 - 12/17/04 11:31 AM Re: Logitech
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
Those are some great tips!

Fran, the piece of board on top of the keyboardstand sure is a handy solution but I'm just a bit to fussy for that (is that the right word?), but that is more my problem . It has to look good also.

Thanks Tony, for the link to that thread.

Derek, putting them on those slim "home-theater" satellite stands is an elegant option. I don't know Argus, I think that's an English store and I live in Holland. This is an example that costs around € 40.- per set in Holland. The ones that are height adjustable are about € 69.- What do you think, would that work for you?
[img]http://www.vogels.com/data/PP/EPVLS120[/img]

The Z-2300, judging on the pictures, don't seem to have a mounting option on the back, so I'm not sure how to fix them to the speaker stands.

Hey Tom,

Where in the Netherlands do you live? Here in the south there is a retailer who sells a Yamaha Bass+satellite speaker system that sounds really great. And they are relatively cvery cheap.
see http://www.keyboard-centrum.nl

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#55092 - 12/18/04 04:53 AM Re: Logitech
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I've had a look for Z-2200 can't find any decent prices in UK . Some US shops are selling these for $99 which is about £50 Amazon UK PCWORLD UK are all out and all the shops i've had a look out are selling anyweher from £110 to £149 . Anyone know where i can get these for a reasonable price .

Thanks

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 12-18-2004).]

#55093 - 12/18/04 07:13 AM Re: Logitech

Tony, Do what I did, Go to PC world and Dixons webb site, then email services dept.Who will locate on the computer stock records.Had some in Gloucester and Hereford but no information on today. Best of luck you will never regret.. roger
Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:
I've had a look for Z-2200 can't find any decent prices in UK . Some US shops are selling these for $99 which is about £50 Amazon UK PCWORLD UK are all out and all the shops i've had a look out are selling anyweher from £110 to £149 . Anyone know where i can get these for a reasonable price .

Thanks

Tony

#55094 - 12/18/04 07:41 AM Re: Logitech
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Thanks Roger tried emailing PCWorld and email bounced on both their customer service email addresses so phoned them and they say they don't have them (atleast for ordering by phone) . Strange things happen at the shops this time of year ! Looks like any chance of getting hold of some before christmas is unlikely .

#55095 - 12/19/04 12:02 AM Re: Logitech
BillT Offline

I got lucky last wednesday,I found a set in the Norwich PC World £49.99.....(naturally I snapped their hands off !)mind you ,they weren't on the shelf -they were in the clearance section.So it may be that they dont show up on their computer as "in stock"
So Good luck with your hunt !! Tony -I hope you manage to find some because they are a really stunning sound.Better and louder than my Hi-Fi..........and I thought my Hi-Fi was fairly good !!!
Regards
Bill

ps .....anybody got any further info regarding my post as above........thanks for your reply Bernie but I'm still not really sure....

#55096 - 12/19/04 12:15 AM Re: Logitech
BillT Offline

Perhaps I should have made it clearer for Tony......I feel fairly sure that I got the "last" set at Norwich.You probably wouldn't have ....but I didnt want you jetting over to Norwich all the way from Wilts .....
regards

Bill

#55097 - 12/19/04 02:34 PM Re: Logitech

#55098 - 12/22/04 10:59 AM Re: Logitech
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Style disc warehouse is offering a keyboard amp and speaker system for £63.99 if anyone is interested

#55099 - 12/23/04 02:25 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Well, I checked out the Logitech's Z-2300 in the local computershop yesterday during my lunchbreak. I was shocked by the size off that subwoofer! It is really bulky. On the pictures it doesn't show that it is much deeper than the width and height with a big fin-type heat sink on the rear surface. It must be able to pump out an enormous amount of bass power! I think you will only use a small percentage of the power of this set at home .

I also saw the Logitech Z-3. This is a smaller, but also very well manufactured set. The subwoofer is a lot less bulky and the satellites are only a bit smaller. It all looks very solid as you might expect from Logitech. I wonder if this set might be a good alternative for home usage. It's a pity that you can hardly check the sound quality in those computer shops.

Does anyone have any experience with this Z-3?

------------------
Tom NL

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 12-23-2004).]

#55100 - 12/23/04 07:50 AM Re: Logitech
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I received the Z3 for a Christmas present from my wife (after a few hints) and since I knew what it was, I hooked it up right away. I am very happy with it. I am a home player so am not sure how maximum volume in a concert hall would sound, but the beauty of these units is that you can adjust both total volume and bass and balance it well with the keyboard. Great speakers. Don

#55101 - 12/23/04 08:01 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rehrer:
I received the Z3 for a Christmas present from my wife (after a few hints) and since I knew what it was, I hooked it up right away. I am very happy with it. I am a home player so am not sure how maximum volume in a concert hall would sound, but the beauty of these units is that you can adjust both total volume and bass and balance it well with the keyboard. Great speakers. Don

Thanks Don!

That's good news. I immediately checked your profile to see what keyboard you play. I see it's a KN7000. Since this has a similar amplification as my KN6000 it should do a good for that as well.

I think the bass volume is no problem with the subwoofer, but does it also have a clear mid- en highrange output?

#55102 - 12/23/04 08:13 PM Re: Logitech
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I made a few tests on volume, etc. The Z3 can handle moderate volume but I would get a unit with more power (it is 60 watts) if it is used other than the home. I got a little distortion with high volume on some instruments. I turned the volume all the way up on the Z3 to make this happen which I would not normally do. I set it just above the KN sound and the best way I can describe it is that is adds a different brilliance to the KN sound. You know when it is on. Nice clean sound. Hope this helps. Don

#55103 - 12/24/04 12:10 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Thank you Don.

That's good to hear. I bit more brilliance to the sound is a good thing. I also want to use them for in home use only, so I think I would never use it with the volume all the way up, otherwise the Z-2300 would do a better job I guess. But there is no need for that in my case.

I assume you haven't tried it with the KN7000's speakers off? I wonder if it still sounds good then. That can easily be done by plugging in a headphone, or just the plug, in the keyboard.

Reason I ask is because I have my eye on the new Roland G-70 and that one has no build-in speakers. It would be nice if the Logitech Z-3's can take care of the job on a keyboard without speakers of its own.

Regards,

------------------
Tom NL

#55104 - 12/27/04 01:40 PM Re: Logitech
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
O.K. all you clever people out there in forum land, I bought a set of Logitech Z3 speakers and plugged them in using the headphone socket on my KN7000. As you know, this cuts out the onboard speakers and I must say I am very impressed with the sound quality. I agree, that the sounds are much brighter and also the base is more prominent.
Now for the question. Have I done the right thing connecting to the headphone socket or should I have taken the connections to the main out sockets on the rear of the keyboard.

A very happy new year to all players out there.
Alan

#55105 - 12/27/04 02:37 PM Re: Logitech
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Don, small point, I would not plug into the headphones a plug without a load on it, just in case.
Alan, I would go for the rear connections, it may be a cleaner signal, would need to see a circuit diagram to be sure.
Regards. Walter

#55106 - 12/27/04 04:16 PM Re: Logitech
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I just got the z2300 for the studio and the directions and patch cords are meant to plug into two line sources for stereo as at Line out R & L on the rear of your keyboard.
These are awesome little speakers. I will use them in the motorhome instead of packing those 75 pound (each) or the 55 pound motion sound KS200.
The single stereo plug is for the sound card on the back of your computer.
Bebop

#55107 - 12/28/04 08:10 AM Re: Logitech
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Thanks Walter for taking the time to reply. I purchased an adaptor for the Z3's and am now using the main out sockets on the rear of the keyboard. This really is a good solution as I can now use onboard speakers, offboard speakers or a combination of both. To my ear a combination of both is best.

Thanks again
Alan

#55108 - 12/28/04 08:42 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gerr58:
Style disc warehouse is offering a keyboard amp and speaker system for £63.99 if anyone is interested

Hi.
I've seen and listened to that system but I don't think it would be suitable for the KN6000/6500/7000 keyboards as the out put is not much more than the keyboard's ouyput.

Derek

#55109 - 12/28/04 09:01 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

What US websites are selling the Logitech Z2200/2300 speakers?

Derek

#55110 - 12/28/04 09:45 AM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Deric,

CompUSA has the best price I know of. Not sure how long the sale price will be.

Bebop got his from CompUSA.

Fran in Florida

#55111 - 12/28/04 09:48 AM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Derek.........excuse the misspelled name.

Fran in Florida

#55112 - 12/28/04 03:37 PM Re: Logitech
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
For anyone interested, I was in PC World, Cambridge, England, today and they have the Logitech Z2300 priced at £99.00. It has supposedly a saving of £50 but this price was on the system at least two weeks before Christmas and as they have their annual after Christmas 'Gigantic Sale' on at the moment, I do not consider this to be much of a bargain and so will continue to wait until it comes down at least another £50.00 as I'm sure it will have to seeing as there is a great deal of competition out there plus of course, there are new systems appearing almost every day.

Aud (U.K.)

#55113 - 12/28/04 04:41 PM Re: Logitech
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55114 - 12/28/04 04:49 PM Re: Logitech
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

An update to the above link...

A $50 rebate, puts the final cost at less then $100 !
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316260&pfp=rebate

Larry (again)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55115 - 12/28/04 07:08 PM Re: Logitech
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Deric,

CompUSA has the best price I know of. Not sure how long the sale price will be.

Bebop got his from CompUSA.

Fran in Florida

Sale at Comp USA ends on Jan 1st.
The Z2300 is 139.00 with a 30.00 rebate from Comp USA for a net of 99.00.
This is a great sound system for being in-expensive.
Best and Happiest of New Years to all
Bebop

#55116 - 12/30/04 08:55 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

For the past couple of weeks I have been accessing various websites in search of either the Logitech Z2200 or Z2300 speakers.
There are so many different prices to choose from,some of the USA dealers are low on price,but the shipping charges make them dearer than if purchased in the UK.
I am for the fourth time trying to bid on ebay website,but so far no luck because the finishing time is in the early hours of the morning GMT and I'm always out bidden.Still I'll keep trying.

Derek Munson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online