Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55091 - 12/17/04 11:31 AM Re: Logitech
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
Those are some great tips!

Fran, the piece of board on top of the keyboardstand sure is a handy solution but I'm just a bit to fussy for that (is that the right word?), but that is more my problem . It has to look good also.

Thanks Tony, for the link to that thread.

Derek, putting them on those slim "home-theater" satellite stands is an elegant option. I don't know Argus, I think that's an English store and I live in Holland. This is an example that costs around € 40.- per set in Holland. The ones that are height adjustable are about € 69.- What do you think, would that work for you?
[img]http://www.vogels.com/data/PP/EPVLS120[/img]

The Z-2300, judging on the pictures, don't seem to have a mounting option on the back, so I'm not sure how to fix them to the speaker stands.

Hey Tom,

Where in the Netherlands do you live? Here in the south there is a retailer who sells a Yamaha Bass+satellite speaker system that sounds really great. And they are relatively cvery cheap.
see http://www.keyboard-centrum.nl

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#55092 - 12/18/04 04:53 AM Re: Logitech
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I've had a look for Z-2200 can't find any decent prices in UK . Some US shops are selling these for $99 which is about £50 Amazon UK PCWORLD UK are all out and all the shops i've had a look out are selling anyweher from £110 to £149 . Anyone know where i can get these for a reasonable price .

Thanks

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 12-18-2004).]

#55093 - 12/18/04 07:13 AM Re: Logitech
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Tony, Do what I did, Go to PC world and Dixons webb site, then email services dept.Who will locate on the computer stock records.Had some in Gloucester and Hereford but no information on today. Best of luck you will never regret.. roger
Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:
I've had a look for Z-2200 can't find any decent prices in UK . Some US shops are selling these for $99 which is about £50 Amazon UK PCWORLD UK are all out and all the shops i've had a look out are selling anyweher from £110 to £149 . Anyone know where i can get these for a reasonable price .

Thanks

Tony

#55094 - 12/18/04 07:41 AM Re: Logitech
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Thanks Roger tried emailing PCWorld and email bounced on both their customer service email addresses so phoned them and they say they don't have them (atleast for ordering by phone) . Strange things happen at the shops this time of year ! Looks like any chance of getting hold of some before christmas is unlikely .

#55095 - 12/19/04 12:02 AM Re: Logitech
BillT Offline

Loc: Norwich UK
I got lucky last wednesday,I found a set in the Norwich PC World £49.99.....(naturally I snapped their hands off !)mind you ,they weren't on the shelf -they were in the clearance section.So it may be that they dont show up on their computer as "in stock"
So Good luck with your hunt !! Tony -I hope you manage to find some because they are a really stunning sound.Better and louder than my Hi-Fi..........and I thought my Hi-Fi was fairly good !!!
Regards
Bill

ps .....anybody got any further info regarding my post as above........thanks for your reply Bernie but I'm still not really sure....

#55096 - 12/19/04 12:15 AM Re: Logitech
BillT Offline

Loc: Norwich UK
Perhaps I should have made it clearer for Tony......I feel fairly sure that I got the "last" set at Norwich.You probably wouldn't have ....but I didnt want you jetting over to Norwich all the way from Wilts .....
regards

Bill

#55097 - 12/19/04 02:34 PM Re: Logitech
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway

#55098 - 12/22/04 10:59 AM Re: Logitech
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Style disc warehouse is offering a keyboard amp and speaker system for £63.99 if anyone is interested

#55099 - 12/23/04 02:25 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Well, I checked out the Logitech's Z-2300 in the local computershop yesterday during my lunchbreak. I was shocked by the size off that subwoofer! It is really bulky. On the pictures it doesn't show that it is much deeper than the width and height with a big fin-type heat sink on the rear surface. It must be able to pump out an enormous amount of bass power! I think you will only use a small percentage of the power of this set at home .

I also saw the Logitech Z-3. This is a smaller, but also very well manufactured set. The subwoofer is a lot less bulky and the satellites are only a bit smaller. It all looks very solid as you might expect from Logitech. I wonder if this set might be a good alternative for home usage. It's a pity that you can hardly check the sound quality in those computer shops.

Does anyone have any experience with this Z-3?

------------------
Tom NL

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 12-23-2004).]

#55100 - 12/23/04 07:50 AM Re: Logitech
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I received the Z3 for a Christmas present from my wife (after a few hints) and since I knew what it was, I hooked it up right away. I am very happy with it. I am a home player so am not sure how maximum volume in a concert hall would sound, but the beauty of these units is that you can adjust both total volume and bass and balance it well with the keyboard. Great speakers. Don

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online