SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55071 - 12/09/04 05:21 AM Logitech
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Well,I decided to go for the Logitech speaker set up for my KN7000,wow,they're great,they have really enhanced the sound with a fantastic full bass;that is a serious sub-woofer!I love those reversable stands on the satellites,which I've done and now have them wall mounted(more holes in the wall the missus moans!).So thanks to all who made me aware of these great value for money speakers.
Cheers,David.

#55072 - 12/09/04 10:15 PM Re: Logitech
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Great! Which model did you get?

#55073 - 12/10/04 03:19 AM Re: Logitech
Flyer Offline

Hi Scott,I ended up with the Z-2200 from Amazon,£108.32,maybe had I really shopped around hard I could have done better financially,but,hey,they sound GREAT.I may even get another set for my hi-fi!
One thing that did suprise me though was the size of the sub-woofer,that's a big mother and sort of precludes it being positioned under the right hand side of the keyboard(where your right foot and maybe some pedal controllers would go in a home set-up).I recommend them to anyone who would like to bring out the true sound of these fantastic Technics instruments for a minimal outlay,and I have this forum to thank for steering me in the right direction!
Cheers,David.

#55074 - 12/10/04 10:46 AM Re: Logitech
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi David,

Just a suggestion. I bought the sub-woofer offered by Technote. That was quite some time ago. Since I have organ pedals on the floor beneath the keyboard, there was not enough space remaining for the sub-woofer and footswitches. Sooo, I built a small table (about 14" square with four legs about 10" high) for the sub-woofer to rest on. Now, my footswitches fit easily under the table and I have the best of both worlds.

As of yesterday, however, I have complicated the situation somewhat. Like you, I bought the z2200 speaker system. Soooo, what I have decided to do is build a shelf wide enough to accomodate the Logitech stuff (with the Logitech sub-woofer in the center). The length of the shelf will be slightly less than the inside to inside measurement between the keyboard stand legs. I'll mount the shelf on the wall below the keyboard. I will remove the Technote sub-woofer and keep my footswitches where they are. Should make a nice setup.

Incidentally, I paid £3 more than you for the Logitech system. But I'm happy. Maybe I'll sell the Technote sub-woofer. Haven't decided yet what I want to do.

Take care, David.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 12-10-2004).]

#55075 - 12/10/04 12:13 PM Re: Logitech
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I set my sub woofer and controls on a rolling cart that houses my rackmount equipment(Bbe Sonic Maximizer,mixer,vocal harmonizer)when I play out. I had thought that the sub woofer had to be on the floor,because that is where they belong.

I found that elevating it say 16 inches does not detract from the sound, especially as strong as that is.

Chuck, that's a good idea.

Bernie

#55076 - 12/10/04 03:08 PM Re: Logitech
Flyer Offline

Hi,yes,I was led to believe the sub-woofer was meant to sit on the floor,but if you say mounting it above floor level doesn't detract from the sound(my god,there's plenty of welly there!I've got the bass knob at about 1/4 in my little music room).So maybe I'll do some experimenting with placement.Thanks guys,regards,David.

#55077 - 12/13/04 11:23 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Flyer:
Well,I decided to go for the Logitech speaker set up for my KN7000,wow,they're great,they have really enhanced the sound with a fantastic full bass;that is a serious sub-woofer!I love those reversable stands on the satellites,which I've done and now have them wall mounted(more holes in the wall the missus moans!).So thanks to all who made me aware of these great value for money speakers.
Cheers,David.

It's good to hear you're so very enthousiastic about the Logitech set. I was thinking about buying this set also but hestitated a little because of the remarks some users made about the bass being too prominent. But I understand that you bought them knowing they ought to be good, but was pleasantly surpised that they sound even better than expected.

I have the KN6500, so it should complement that good as well. Don't you have any problem with the bass level? I would really like to know this because my musicroom/study isn't that big either.

By the way, you can't get the Z2200 here in Holland anymore. But that's ok because I think it's successor, the Z2300, looks even better at about the same price.

Cheers

------------------
Tom NL

#55078 - 12/13/04 12:23 PM Re: Logitech
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Tom,

As noted in my post above, I have purchased the z2200 speaker system, but I have not installed it yet. Have to build a shelf for it to rest on, so I cannot answer your question concerning the bass level. However, Fran, in Flyer's post on 12/09 said the bass is adjustable. Scroll down to Flyer's topic "Speakers" and read the thread. There is a lot of good information about the Logitech speaker system.

Chuck

#55079 - 12/13/04 12:44 PM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chuck/Tom,

Chuck,I also have the problem with the (4) foot swich but your idea solved my problem. My bench saw will be buzzing tomorrow.

Tom,there is a separate bass level along with the master volume level. For my home, which is very bright, 1/4 bass level and about 1/2 master is great. Sure makes full, deep organ sounds

Fran in Florida

#55080 - 12/13/04 01:43 PM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Thanks a lot for the information guys!

The Z-2300 sure looks slick, but seems to be missing the wall mounting option the Z-2200 has. Since the satellites are built upwards-firing, it seems to me that it is only possible to place them on a shelf or cabinet. Pity! I'll have to find some creative solution for placing them, since I don't want to place a shelf on the wall behind my keyboard.

------------------
Tom NL

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online