SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#54974 - 07/11/03 05:41 PM Re: Keyboard Improvement
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Whilst in no way advocating the addition of a CD-R or CD-RW to a KN???? It could be used just the same as the Floppy/SD card to store Technics format files - not just .WAV or MP3. However, as has already been mentioned, Re-Writing is slow. I haven't tried writing a typical set of say 'Performance' files to a RW disc - must try it sometime just out of curiosity. Another big problem with CD-RW is the time it takes to format the disc - ages I'm happy to stick with my collection of 'Postage Stamps'

By the way, has anyone noticed how much longer Save and Load operations take, when using a 128Mb Card, compared to a 32Mb card??

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 07-12-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54975 - 07/11/03 08:47 PM Re: Keyboard Improvement
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Great suggestions and comments on storage. Pesonally, I love both the floppy disk drive AND the new SD format, and hope neither will be discontinued, but I do not see the need for a CD drive, since I can use my computer connection for that. However, my wishes would include an additional right hand, an R1, R2 (as it is now) but also an R3. Also I would like to see an additonal left hand, so there would be an L1 and L2. Don't know if that would be possible, but it would be fun to be able to set all of those as desired and then just have to click back and forth between the two hand setups.

#54976 - 07/14/03 06:50 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Thanks again to everyone for building such a worthy list of suggestions on improving the KN7000.

I have cut off the list and am submitting it to Tecnhics.

Will let you know what their comments are, if any.

Larry

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online