SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#54954 - 07/06/03 08:19 PM Re: Keyboard Improvement
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Great idea your are proposing here Larry.

It would be very helpful to have an honest distribution system instead of every dealer figuring out how much the market can stand and then pricing accordingly so one guy is paying 7000.00 and 500 miles down the road a guy is paying half of that for the SAME merchandise and service, (if any).
A standardized list price would be advantageous to everyone. Dealers could then discount or not depending on trade ins, circumstances, and/or attitudes.
Time to quit screwing over half the people that are CUSTOMERS who may next time buy the Yamaha because it is fairtraded with published prices, (like I did last time)!
I hate spending a year to buy a keyboard just because the dealers want to screw me over.
Enough said, I am starting to get angry all over again
BEBOP

#54955 - 07/06/03 08:23 PM Re: Keyboard Improvement
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
1. A better music stand; bigger and closer

2. A better Instruction Manual (again)

3. A better SD Console Control to allow playing of ALL files.

4. A better, easier method of inserting pictures into sequencer and homepage. Would be nice to know if the pictures were compatible BEFORE inserting with sequenced songs and homepage. Preview Pics ?

5. A better MIC/Harmonizing system. I need something that even makes ME sound decent.

6. SD Jukebox supplied with keyboard for Everyone, not just Europe.

7. An easier to find and a better Equalizer

That's enough......

Mike Daniell
Why not put the songs your working on in a SD Favorites Bank?
Another way I search the SD Card for a song is by alphabet. Both ways may be easier and faster. Just a couple ideas.
-------
SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#54956 - 07/07/03 12:23 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Larry,

My wish list includes:
1. Less weight. Each KN gets a little heavier and as I get a little older it becomes more noticeable.
2. A more efficient data transfer. There is something inherently wrong when it takes 3.5 hrs to back up a 32M SD card from the keyboard and less than 2 minutes to backup the same card from a card reader (both using USB on the same computer).
3. Provision to add a second keyboard as well as MIDI bass pedals (similar to the Hammond XE1/XE2).

Cheers
Len C.

#54957 - 07/07/03 07:18 PM Re: Keyboard Improvement
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Why not put the songs your working on in a SD Favorites Bank?

Larry Hawk

Good idea, Larry. I'll set up a 'Work in Progress' bank in my SD Favorites.

The topic of keyboard improvements seems to come up fairly often. I find it interesting that this time around no-one has asked for 76 keys.

Mike

#54958 - 07/08/03 03:18 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mike, The problem with 76 Keys is that it will make the unit longer and heavier and there have already been many 'complaints' about weight and size..........
Personally, I'm quite happy with 61

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54959 - 07/08/03 04:37 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
I've still got my 6500 so I cant comment on SD functions, however here's my suggestions:

Colour code buttons that have a different function if you hold them down for 2 seconds ( e.g. Technicord ). Currently you just have to know about this and the number of users I've met that didnt know you could change things by holding certain buttons down, amazes me.

Better still drop the "hold down" function altogether and make these buttons into 2's. i.e. a large one for function ( e.g. Technichord) on/off and a smaller one right next to it for parameter change.

Provide a "universal macro button" that will duplicate any sequence of button presses / menu selections. The "Custom Panel" sort of does this but not to the degree that it could. Theres still too many button presses for the "Favourites" button to be useful.

Provide the feature that I had on my Yamaha 5700 to permanently re-assign the instruments and settings on the Music Style Arranger mode and have it stored in non-volatile memory. I know you can do this with panel memory but you have to load the settings from Disk / SD every time you play and it is not tied to the style selection.

Provide a screen that would show all of the settings associated with a particular Panel Memory. This would be a pretty full screen, possibly with several pages, but it would be useful when setting the instrument up.

I've played the 7000 and I dont think the chrome buttons are that good especially when you have stage lights reflecting off them into your eyes. The black / Matt bottons on the 6500 are much better in this respect.

Keith

#54960 - 07/08/03 04:51 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
If you want more keys do what I have done. I have a Roland PC300 keyboard mounted under the KN7000 and midied to take the left hand settings. This gives you a 49 note left hand and 61 note right hand. The Roland is very light and thin and fits very close to the KN7000. It feels like you have an organ again.

Trevor

#54961 - 07/08/03 06:16 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I've been following this thread with a lot of interest. I see some very useful suggestions being posted. In my earlier post, I neglected to add that I would like to see the Techni-chord choices expanded to include trio and quartet. They would be very useful when used with voices, strings, or brass. I would also like to be able to apply Techni-chord to two sounds - Right 1 and Right 2; Right 1 and Part 4; Right 2 and Part 4 and so on.

Chuck

#54962 - 07/10/03 07:00 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Winding down.

It looks as though all the usefull suggestions are just about in. I will wait another 2 days and if no more are added I will copy the info and send it to the Technics people for their info and use.

Thanks a million to all who contributed to help make a great keyboard even greater.

Larry

#54963 - 07/10/03 10:55 AM Re: Keyboard Improvement
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Larry,
thanks for bringing in this item. Me, and I think more of us, are curious what
reaction Technics will give. I hope, it is more than 'we received your
letter....' I personal have no idea in what way Technics communicate with
their 'usergroups' (their marketingstrategy). Maybe you could ask them to explain that or/and to react on what influence of this world wide usergroup, as SZ is? I guess the company read the posts on this forum ev'ry day .
Thanks again for your investment in this;
Cees
P.S. for sure: the codename of the new prototype of the KN8000 is 'Larry' or in Japanese 'Lally'

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online