SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54433 - 01/20/04 11:06 PM Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Since the announcemant by Technics to end production I've been searching for other keyboards that sound as exciting as KN7000

The only instrument until now that really caught my attention was the Wersi Abacus however, it's incredibly expensive and can only order it from Germany, also it's too heavy to carry or wheel long distances.

I listened last night to many CD quality samples from the Roland VA7 and was amazed at just how good this keyboard sounds.

Hoping you're reading this Ricki! How does the VA7 compare to your KN7000? is it in your opinion better?

Have you recorded any organ voices using the VA7 or do you know where I might be able to download and listen to some samples.

Is there anwhere you can download the Owners manual in .pdf format?

Any help you can give me is much appreciated

Kind regards

Peter

#54434 - 01/21/04 02:26 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
technicsplayer Offline

I had the VA7 on extended loan. It was a turkey, and the sound could not compare in a side by side with the Kn6000, let alone the 7000. The touch screen was so difficult to operate on live play and got so many user complaints they had to rush out another model with extra switches on the panel which also bombed. The 4000 sounds were a con because 3/4 consisted of the samples of the previous generations of products. It had some nice patterns, all of which I converted to composers.

#54435 - 01/21/04 06:11 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what the prices are across the ditch for the VA7, but in the states it can be purchased rather cheap. It was a Roland failure I am told.

Fran in Florida

#54436 - 01/21/04 08:18 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Peter Lowden Offline

Many thanks for the response to my enquiries about the Roland VA7. The sound demo's were brilliant they've obviously got a lot of work to do with Operating system etc, it's a great pity players have to buy such a poorly configured instrument before finding it's as good as they expected.

Many thanks again for the advice and help given

Kind regards

peter

#54437 - 01/21/04 08:44 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Some companies drop their prices when it doesn't sell[not enough profit in sales], other companies close shop..

#54438 - 01/24/04 04:25 PM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Peter,
sorry I couldn't get back to you any earlier, I've only just managed to get back online.
Had a lightning strike afew days back, took out our Foxtel Cable, so no cable tv, internet, ( destroyed our surround sound system)and may have damaged something in my kn7 ie I can no longer access DEMO's or Step Record Mode in the sequencer.

Anyway, I have a VA7, I don't think they're made any longer?? but if they are, the technology would have to be 3 years old. I bought mine second hand and quite frankly, I don't like the operating system. I've had earlier models, ie the e20,e86. g800 and a couple of the RA modules, which at the time, I thought were great, there's just something about the VA7 that hasn't quite captured my imagination.
I had 3 keyboards a while back my order of preference was
KN7
9000 pro
VA7

One day when I get the spare time and enthusiasm , I may work may way through the manual and work it all out, unfortunately as yet , I haven't found it inspiring enough to do so.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#54439 - 01/24/04 11:14 PM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Peter. Sit back for a few months. Roland are stated to provide a new top end arranger this year replacing the VA Series.

Take a look at the Korg PAX1. I was very impressed when I spent a week last October's Keyboard Festival at Caister UK.
You could book (Sceptre Promotions) and go to Caister this April and see them all.

Graham UK

#54440 - 01/25/04 12:16 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Peter Lowden Offline

Many thanks for all the helpful comments about Roland Keyboards, amazing Graham that you mention the Korg PA1X i've been gathering info about this Keyboard and have also been well impressed.

Thanks again to all

peter

#54441 - 01/25/04 03:35 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter, I too have been looking around for an additional Arranger Keyboard, when I get rid of my Tyros. There is a short review of the Korg PA1X here : http://www.oggi.it/miul/KORG%20Pa1X%20Pro.htm
May be of interest to you......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54442 - 01/25/04 03:43 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Peter Lowden Offline

Hi Bill,

I own the PSR9000 just can't bring myself to get the Tyros which after listening to all the Demo's and recordings from the Tyros appears in my opinion to offer only a little more than the PSR9000, however the demo's and reviews etc of the new Korg keyboards offer a whole new world.

Why are you thinking Bill of getting rid of your Tyros

All the best

Peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online