SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5273 - 06/02/07 11:22 AM Please help! Pad...
exeter1 Offline

Hello. I am searching a long time for a certain type of sound. I think it is called a pad but I am not completely sure. Can anyone please give me a hint? I am looking for a specifiec synthisizer that makes this sound and I cannot find it at all. It is a very lush pad like ambient techno. It is atmospheric pad sound similar to Dave Angel ambient techno. It is used for tech-house and ambient techno. Please help, I cannot find anything out without someone helping me.

#5274 - 06/03/07 10:38 AM Re: Please help! Pad...
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
Well, hold on now...What synthesizer do you currently use?

A pad usually has a lot of the highs filtered out, with slow attack and release, maybe some reverb, phasing, or flanging to give it some movement.

#5275 - 06/03/07 04:30 PM Re: Please help! Pad...
exeter1 Offline

Hi. I do not really use a synthesizer except for software currently. I want to purchase a synthesizer but do not know which one makes the particular sound I like. I am searching to find out which one it is. I own only one small synthesizer which is Yamaha Tx81z but it is not with me, it is borrowed. Please help! More replies please!

#5276 - 06/04/07 02:52 PM Re: Please help! Pad...
Justin Gazda Offline

I also have the tx81z. You can make pads on it, but its a bit more difficult.

Ive just finished listening to some dave angel.

Korg Z1, and various samplers could do the job, in which case you could stick with software and get by.

I just saw a picture of the inside of daves studio. theres a clavia and and akai s-2000, and some other mass produced digital stuff. There is a TX81Z in there.

So yeah, software. Just comb through the presets in the software program, find something close and start tweaking.

Or, email him and as him for some sysex data.

#5277 - 06/04/07 09:54 PM Re: Please help! Pad...
exeter1 Offline

Thanks for your help. I will try and see what that synthesizer sounds like.

#5278 - 06/05/07 04:34 AM Re: Please help! Pad...
exeter1 Offline

Hello again. I think I have maybe made a slight mistake. The I am looking for I have been searching and I think it is called a vox, not a pad. It is maybe a soft air vox. Can anyone explain to me if this is the corect sound that I am looking for? I would like to know what type of synthesizers make that sound. Thanks for any help!

#5279 - 06/05/07 04:11 PM Re: Please help! Pad...
Justin Gazda Offline

oh, vox, huh?

well, a sampled voice is useable. the korg Z1 has a very cool choir patch on it from the factory as well. I fact I have an example of said choir sound, if you wish to hear it.

Here is the link: http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSlY1KyZmw

its pretty airy and might do what you need. The Z1 is a great device for cool digital pads and the like.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online