SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5258 - 10/28/05 09:35 PM Finding Keyboard Players in LA
DreamboatAnnie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Anyone know a good place to find synth/keyboard players in the LA area? I'm looking for a keyboard player for a Heart tribute band called Dreamboat Annie. Our website is www.Tribute2Heart.com

#5259 - 10/30/05 10:44 PM Re: Finding Keyboard Players in LA
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You may have already looked at Recycler but sometimes it is worth checking out. http://www.recycler.com/asp/Class.asp?iC=45

#5260 - 10/31/05 07:54 PM Re: Finding Keyboard Players in LA
DreamboatAnnie Offline

I've had ads running in two editions of the Recycler and... nothing! The Recycler's been real hit or miss in the past year. I've also been posting on Craig's List. It's like all the keyboard players have vanished off the planet!

#5261 - 10/31/05 11:53 PM Re: Finding Keyboard Players in LA
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
It's like all the keyboard players have vanished off the planet!

Keyboard players can always be hard to find. The band Red Rhythm I play in around Ventura County is very lucky to have 2 keyboard players. I play keyboard and second guitar. And when I am playing guitar Lynn Davison who sings lead and backup covers on keyboard as well. We actually do a good version of "Baracuda" by Heart. I see you are playing "Little Rock" in Reseda. We did play that bar one night a while back but it was VERY quiet there and haven't been back since. We were surprised there were so few patrons when it is so close to Ventura Blvd. And it is a very ambient room when it is empty which doesn't help. So we tend to stick mainly to Ventura County bars and Simi Valley and Agoura Hills is usually as close as we get to LA County. Though we recently played the MGM Grand in Las Vegas at a private convention party which was very cool to do.

Your video on your website is very polished and looks and sounds great. I'm sure you will eventually find the keyboard player you need. Maybe you should even check out KIT down in Hollywood. I would think there are quite a few up and coming keyboard students who would appreciate playing with an established band in the LA area.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-31-2005).]

#5262 - 11/01/05 10:23 AM Re: Finding Keyboard Players in LA
DreamboatAnnie Offline

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of KIT, but I'll check that out. We've found that anywhere we play, we can't rely on the general clinentele that comes in off the steet, so we always do a ton of marketing. It also helps build up a following. And it certainly is more fun to play a packed room :-)

Thanks for the idea!

#5263 - 11/04/05 12:59 AM Re: Finding Keyboard Players in LA
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamboatAnnie:
And it certainly is more fun to play a packed room :-)

Plus it sounds a lot better as well.

It's been a few years since a buddy of mine studied at GIT but I remember them having a board in the foyer that you could pin up band ads "wanting musicians" on. I'd say your chances of finding the keyboard player you need at KIT are very good. There are probably more keyboard players there than anywhere else in LA, plus all of them are very serious about developing their career as a musician.

Good luck with your search. And drop back in here later on and let us know whether you were able to find the person you are looking for.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-04-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online