SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#52153 - 01/26/04 01:44 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Truth be told, trading with the enemy is a time-honored American corporate practice of big-business ties to repressive regimes.

Halliburtin was and is a leader in this practice. Cheyney gives up a multimillion dollar job with Hallburtin to run for the VP of the US. Think about why he did that.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#52154 - 01/26/04 02:18 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:

Cheyney gives up a multimillion dollar job with Hallburtin to run for the VP of the US. Think about why he did that.

Oh! Yes but even worse
Who elected him.

#52155 - 01/26/04 03:01 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Leo's Den Offline

Let's remember that exporting technology and jobs in it to developing countries is one aspect of development assistance that has long-term beneficial effects way in excess of the(nowadays usually temporary)disbenefits to our economies. Check out the average family income in countries like Korea and Malaysia if you don't believe me. And while you're about it, check out how fast real incomes and leisure time have increased in the UK for the vast majority of people over the last 25 years. Way back then, I couldn't have afforded to buy a Technics keyboard and I certainly wasn't working the hours that would have given me time to enjoy playing it.

#52156 - 01/26/04 03:16 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
AND THE BEAT GOES ON , LADI DADI DA, BEST REGARDS, BENNO ,STILL LIKE MY UPGRADED KN 6000

#52157 - 01/26/04 03:47 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Goeden Avond Cees en Gunnar,

Ja. Uitsmijter is heel goed. Loempia en sate ook. Cees, mijn Hollands is niet zo goed nu. Ik heb het tal niet gebruiked voor veel jaaren. Maar ik kan nog een kleinbeetje woorden schriven.

Gunnar, I said to Cees that uitsmijter, loempia and sate are good. They are foods. I also said I haven't used the language for many years but I can still write a few words.

I have the sense that some forum members feel we should restrict our dialogue to keyboard talk only. I'll be the first to respect those wishes if that is the consensus, but I must admit I enjoy talking about a whole range of topics as well with all of you, my keyboard friends.

Best Wishes to All,

Chuck

#52158 - 01/26/04 03:48 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
Oh! Yes but even worseWho elected him.

those hanging chads in Florida!
(we hardly elected Mr. Honesty ourselves, Johnnie )

#52159 - 01/27/04 01:06 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo's Den:
)check out how fast real incomes and leisure time have increased in the UK for the vast majority of people over the last 25 years. Way back then, I couldn't have afforded to buy a Technics keyboard and I certainly wasn't working the hours that would have given me time to enjoy playing it.

Leo
I don't know what you was doing 25 years ago but I was only a wage earner and I had and owned a C3 Hammond + twin 145 Leslie speakers (synchronised).
You appear to attempt to make a case for the corporates.
Me I just feel sorry for the unemployed some who gave 20/30/40 years of loyalty to the companies who just dumped them for nothing other than corporate greed

#52160 - 01/27/04 01:17 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
those hanging chads in Florida!
(we hardly elected Mr. Honesty ourselves, Johnnie )

I don't want to get into politics and I don't want to get into the rights or wrongs of the Iraq war.

When was the last time you saw or heard of any politician who was honest or could claim to be clean but at least the current leader never had business interest well at least not that he can be accused of having self interest in corporate activities but I am not saying he would not if given the chance

#52161 - 01/27/04 01:38 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
I don't want to get into politics and I don't want to get into the rights or wrongs of the Iraq war.
When was the last time you saw or heard of any politician who was honest or could claim to be clean but at least the current leader never had business interest well at least not that he can be accused of having self interest in corporate activities but I am not saying he would not if given the chance

just a bit of light hearted banter, Johnnie I agree on our side of the pond in degree it is not as bad as looking after the family oil business - we'll see how rich he gets after leaving office!

#52162 - 01/27/04 02:20 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Alec,

I can assure you we will never know how rich Cheney becomes after he leaves office because it is unlikely he will head another corporation, hence his income is not likely to be divulged publicly. However, he parlayed his former position as Secretary of Defense into the position of CEO of Halliburton. Now he has added Vice President of the United States of America to his resume (C.V.). Maybe a few lucrative directorships will keep the pennies flowing? In corporate America his resume will be looked upon as a diamond to display publicly to attract business and he now carries more influence than ever inside the government where astronomical sums of money are thrown at favored corporations. Cheney will capitalize on this opportunity to further enrich himself. Of that there is no doubt.

Chuck

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online