SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51373 - 01/22/04 08:25 AM New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Motion Sound KP200S Keyboard Amp
MSRP $999.00 Street $799.00

The KP-200S features 200 watts of raw power, two independent channels each with two pairs of Hi-Fidelity inputs, each chanel features volume, EQ and a proprietory spatial expander. The unique angle cabinet design provides wide spread dispersion and when coupled with the spatial expander allows for a true stereo image.
Product Overview & Specs

"Putting Sound into Motion"

Modern keyboards, samplers and synthesizers are carefully designed to produce stereo sound. When mixed to mono, these sounds are often compromised and muted. The KP-200S unique angled cabinet front in conjunction with our proprietary 3D-expander circuitry provides a wide stereo field that retains location cues from the sound source. The adjustable expanders spread the stereo sound field beyond the confines of the cabinet reproducing the full sonic capability of your Keyboard(s) and sound sources in true STEREO.
Two channels, each with volume, expand, bass, Middle and Treble controls
Two ¼” pairs (left and right) inputs per channel. The KP-200S accepts up to four stereo sound sources.
Two 3D expanders, one per channel. The expanders spread the natural separation of your stereo sound source beyond the confines of the KP-200S cabinet.
XLR microphone input is mixed in mono to channel two’s (left and right) EQ and volume controls. All inputs simultaneous and independent operation.
XLR left and right outputs contain the expanded signal, EQ and master volume of all inputs except “click track”.
Subwoofer output > 100 Hz 18 dB/Oct.
Click track monitor input (no XLR output) can also be used as a stage monitor for other instruments.
Master volume control provides quick global volume adjustment.
Two 10” Eminence Beta 250 watt speakers
Two 80 watt Ferro cooled 3.5” horns. Two 80 watt Ferro cooled 3.5” horns.
200 watts RMS, 100 per channel @ .02% thd.
Two side handles and one top handle.
Rugged Polymaric finish.
User installed optional sockets and casters.
17” H 23” W 16 ¾ D 55 lbs.
BEBOP

#51374 - 01/22/04 10:13 AM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hope it sounds as good as it looks, and from reading reports, I think it will.

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51375 - 01/22/04 12:30 PM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
BEBOP Offline

Thanks Larry for the pic. I had a pic in the specs but it didn't load.
There has been a lot of interest in the general arranger forum regarding this amp and many have bought it and love it, so thought i would post it over here.
My birthday isn't until the end of Feb so even though Fed EX brought it today I have to wait and look at the box for over a month
Bummer
Bebop

#51376 - 01/22/04 12:34 PM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My birthday is another whole day late because of leap year this year !
You can bet I didn't wait till March 1st to try my new Bose out !

#51377 - 01/27/04 03:49 PM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
My birthday is another whole day late because of leap year this year !
You can bet I didn't wait till March 1st to try my new Bose out !

Hey uncle dave ....should we be calling you Uncle Skip instead ?

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

#51378 - 01/28/04 12:32 AM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
How does the KP200S handle bottom end ? I had one of the Roland KC series amps and returned it because it really couldn't handle strong low end signals. Bass patches and my analog Roland JX8P really freaked it out. But the 15" horn loaded powered cabinet I am using now lacks midrange definition. Just can't win I guess. I thought the Motion Sound amps may cover low/mid/high frequencies and I like the response of 10" speaker cones as long as the box handles bass well.

#51379 - 01/29/04 08:21 AM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
How does the KP200S handle bottom end ? I had one of the Roland KC series amps and returned it because it really couldn't handle strong low end signals. Bass patches and my analog Roland JX8P really freaked it out. But the 15" horn loaded powered cabinet I am using now lacks midrange definition. Just can't win I guess. I thought the Motion Sound amps may cover low/mid/high frequencies and I like the response of 10" speaker cones as long as the box handles bass well.

HI NIGEL,
I can't tell you until Feb 27th when I will get this big box for my birthday.
But..... if it will replace those two big heavy 75 pound Peavy KN100 units with one 55 pound unit, then I say JOY!
Dan01 tells us in the GA forum that on Monday, (3 days ago?), he will have the specs and prices on a couple of accessories for this unit, namely a slave and a bass woofer. Hmmmmmmmm, maybe this indicates it is a tad weak in the bass?
Scott Yee is using the smaller little brother and seems to be happy with it.
I will keep y'all posted.
Bebop

#51380 - 01/29/04 08:31 PM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
BEBOP Offline

Hey Peeps,
LQQKIE here what GlennT posted on the GA forum about the slaves and the Bass Woofer accessories for this keyboard amp and also a guitar unit.
Wowowowow I am impressed
Go here and have a peek: http://www.motion-sound.com/new_at_namm.htm
Thanks mucho GlennT
Bebop

#51381 - 01/30/04 01:24 AM Re: New Keyboard Amp for Bebop's Birthday
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I look forward to your review of the amp when it does arrive. And I don't really need a strong bass response because that would only interfere with the bass player that I am playing with. I would actually probably cut the bottom end if was too strong. My problem with the KC300 I had was not that it couldn't create a good bass response from the speaker but the enclosure and bass port had a fluttering/buzzing sound that was very annoying. It wasn't coming from the speaker just from the bass port itself. I even tried a second KC300 thinking I may have got a bad unit but it still did the same thing. Maybe the Motion Sound KP100 would even do the job well and still fit in my Camaro.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online