SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#51559 - 01/11/04 03:33 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Boissoneault:
........But our KN7000's are still just as wonderful an instrument as they were before we had this announcement!

Very good point Marilyn

Maybe no need for a rom-upgrade as long as the
KN7 are as good as it is Joan, but I wonder a
lot about how this will infect the aftermarket
regarding further developement of styles etc.
Also if EMC will get hands on the sourcecode to
make the converprogram able to convert the KN7
comps downwards.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51560 - 01/11/04 03:53 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I am just an old cynic.. What do you think will happen to Yamaha's price structure now that their biggest rival in the Home/Semi-pro market is about to fade away?

#51561 - 01/11/04 03:56 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Joan,
I would say the writings been on the wall for much longer than we think. I very much doubt that suggestions fo improvement would have made them throw in the towel.
I saw my dealer a couple of months back ( whenever I go to the city I drop in to say hello, I met him about 14 years ago when I bought a floppy drive for my KN800)
anyway, he was saying sales had been slowing down. He feared people were not playing as much as they used to ie they were finding new things to do like surfing the internet etc

sad indeed, but the kn7 is still a wonderful instrument.

They've equiped us well with all the styles on the kn7, great features on the keyboard itself, now it's up to us to make the most of it.
Fortunately spare parts, sound like they'll be round for the next few years, Heck, there's people around still with KN2's
so it must say a lot for the quality and design of the kn board ( my biggest worry when I first heard the news , was what if something goes wrong , can I get it fixed if it needs parts)

Let's get out of the doldrums, just think , at least the group won't be split up this time round, with the who have's and the who haven't got the latest model.

Time to learn to use the functions we've got ie style creation, pad creation, sequencer editing tools, sd audio , stuff to keep the kn new & exciting.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Its a sad day indeed

Its not all that long ago there were various suggestions on this forum as to what we would like Technics to incorporate into the future (hopefully) KN8 - It was quite a long list of suggestions. Perhaps after reading them someone at Head office decided to throw in the towel!!!

Do you think we will ever get a ROM update now? - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-11-2004).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51562 - 01/11/04 04:41 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
I agree that this is the greatest forum going for Technics keyboards (KN7 and all the rest).

It's not the Keyboards that make this forum great -- it's the people.

We have a tremendously knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and talented group of people on this forum and with continued effort, we all can continue to enjoy our combined keyboard music for years to come.

Let's keep the ball rolling!!

Larry G

#51563 - 01/11/04 04:54 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi
Their prices have always been pretty competative. Hopefully the psr prices don't skyrocket. Mores the point, hopefully they keep developing their product.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
I am just an old cynic.. What do you think will happen to Yamaha's price structure now that their biggest rival in the Home/Semi-pro market is about to fade away?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51564 - 01/11/04 05:10 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Anthony,
maybe they'll sell it Yamaha, and we'll get a psr/kn hybrid.

For some bizzare reason I'd thought that had already happened ( a few years back) ( merger yamaha & Technics) possibly because here in Aust. a lot of technics dealers are also yamaha dealers. Obviously I'd been daydreaming as I happened to mention it to the Panasonic Representative a few months back . He just laughed.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
B]
Although there is one thought of hope, that Technics/Panasonic sell the intrument portion to another company that can continue making the instruments, or incorporate it into some of what they already have.

Anthony[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51565 - 01/11/04 05:46 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
No more Technics keyboards, that does make me sad. What is troubling me more is the loss of the people on this forum. We have quility people here, If this forum goes out, I will surely miss you people.

Not very happy, John C.

#51566 - 01/11/04 05:48 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
No more Technics keyboards, that does make me sad. What is troubling me more is the loss of the people on this forum. We have quility people here, If this forum goes out, I will surely miss you people.

Not very happy, John C.

#51567 - 01/11/04 06:30 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Rikkisbears:

You mentioned, "Let's stop chasing Technology Train, and fully learn to use what we've got."

I think people will eventually move on toward new technology. Most everyone here on the forum couldn't wait for the KN8000 to come out. There will be an instrument someday that will replace the KN7000, it's called progress.

Little by little, one by one, Technics owners will want to keep in pace of the new Technology and will start buying other brands. It's inevitable.

The Technics instruments will be around a few years, before the other brands catch up.

In a positive note, would be nice if Technics would sell their instrument department and hope whoever buys it continues with it, and maybe make it better.

Anthony

#51568 - 01/11/04 07:07 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Anthony,
I'm a person who used to anxiously await the next new super duper model.
Every second year I'd update my Roland , korg & Technic keyboards, plus I always had an array of updated synth sound modules.

Possibly first time ever, I wasn't looking forward to updating to the latest model, I'm still very content with the kn7. If anything , I may have updated my pr602.

I'll probably add to my computer software collection, which I can use in conjunction with my kn7.

Maybe computers are the future of music??

Maybe one day I'll also add a PSR again, who knows.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
[B]Hi Rikkisbears:

You mentioned, "Let's stop chasing Technology Train, and fully learn to use what we've got."

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online