SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63399 - 01/11/04 03:29 AM using the equaliser to pump up the beat
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best forumfriends,
frequently I read about the weakeness of the drumsounds. Maybe it is my lack of comparing with other keyboards (or my ears ), but I sometime use the equaliser to justify the output of the keyboard. To me it sounds to be a great difference in soundquality. I have recorded a song (Telstar, downloadable from the keso-site on my Personal Cees Schenk Page) that sounds TMO better when using the equaliser. In this case you have to set the equaliser on ON (see PROGRAMMENUS - REVERB&EFFECT - EQUALISER). I have set all the GAIN-data to the highest level (12.0).
Like to hear if this equaliserfeature could sometimes make a difference to you too?
Best greetings,
Cees http://www.keso.nl

#63400 - 01/11/04 12:19 PM Re: using the equaliser to pump up the beat
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Interesting on how different models have the equalizer in different locations. On the PR804, one has to travel to:

Program Menu > Reverb/Effect > Mixer > then page 4 on the mixer to find the equalizer. There is no master on/off switch, if the settings are at 0, it's off.

I been experimenting with this and it does make a difference on a sound that is being drowned out even with the volume at 127. Using the equalizer can boost that sound. The reverse can be done on sounds that are to strong and need to be toned down some.

One has to experiment though to get accustomed to the subtle changes.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 01-11-2004).]

#63401 - 01/13/04 11:22 AM Re: using the equaliser to pump up the beat
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Cees - followed you suggestions and played your Telstar - WOW!

I had never looked at the equalizer feature before. It certainly adds another dimension to the sound. Immediately springs to mind is "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" using this method - will give it a go. My immediate neighbour will really have something to complain about now!

Joan

Thanks for pointing it out. Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-13-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online