SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#51549 - 01/11/04 01:14 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
It's the old word: "One mans dead is another mans bread".

No doubt that the developement goes on and new stuff being born,
whatever name it have or will get.
All depends of marketing and sales, and to be true, we've not
seen any much Technics marketing here in Scandinavia for the
past years......
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51550 - 01/11/04 01:32 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
How about we all pitch in and keep Technics alive. Any multi millionairs out there who wants to be the CEO ?

Maybe better, the government can bail out Technics like they did with Chrysler and the Airlines...nah...we need to buy out Technics..only problem is...I don't have much to contribute. I could work in the mail room though ...jeez..I'm trying to cheer things up, but it "Ain't Happenin'"

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51551 - 01/11/04 01:39 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
I love technics keyboards and boy am i glad i bought a 7000 nota tyros as i so nearly did after having technics for 20 yrs,i still have a 2000 and a 1400 and will never part with them, so many memories tied together in sound . Ah well nothing stays the same things move on ,i will have to buy a casio next time! by the way they are not bad boards these days anyone want to bet they become the biggest Yamaha rival.
jan

#51552 - 01/11/04 02:08 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
you've still got the kn7 ( with it's audio functions) to look forward to down the track ( 2nd hand), or maybe you could get yourself one of the bargain basement priced KN26's
( I'm going to check my dealer and see if he's discounting, poor fellow's probably in shock, even though he's also a Yamaha dealer, he's a loyal Technic's fan & player).

Hopefully it will keep us together as a group. There's lots of loyal Technics owners out there, many of whom still own earlier models like the kn3 & 5 and are still more than happy with them. Our Kn6 & 7's have got a good few years left in them yet.

Let's stop chasing Technology Train, and fully learn to use what we've got.

For those who feel the need to explore new horizons, there are amazing computer programs out there, that can be used in conjunction with our kn keyboards.

Programs like Band in a Box. Good source for style creation , but it's far more than that.
It's a good source for creating midi backing tracks ie type in chord progression for a song, pick a style, convert to midifile, load it into the kn. The backing style plays , while you play the melody using R1&2 & left hand parts. Ever wanted to compose and wouldn't have clue where to start ( just like me), it helps you do that, too, with a function called the Melodyist. Simple as pressing a button, and it makes up chord progressions and composes a melody part. Every time you press the button , it composes something new, either for specific bars or a whole new song. Even comes up with a title for your song. Load it into your KN7, revoice using those great NX voices, the results can be truly amazing.

Ever wanted to make use of the psr styles without having to go to the expense of buying a second keyboard.
Yamaha used to have a great little sequencer called XG Works. It's biggest kept secret was that it actually had it's own inbuilt styles, but, what was not widely known was that the actual psr styles could also be used in the same manner as the inbuilt styles.ie pick a style. Pick the style parts intro, variations fills etc type in a chord progreesion for your song, expand it to midi tracks , save as midifile , load into kn7 and revoice. Some of the xg drums can be a bit of a hassle to edit, but where there's a will there's a way ( haahaa)

There is the option of an XG soft synth for
your computer, itgives a bit more of an idea of whatthe midifile should sound like.

There's Jos's One Man Band. Again his program makes use of psr styles, which are readily downloadle on the net.

There's lots of stuff out there we can use in conjunction with our kn's.

Best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark And Michelle:

I was the one, in the original discussion, who said 'there's no smoke without fire'. To all Technics users, I can only apologise for having perhaps had a glimpse of the future.

Mark[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51553 - 01/11/04 02:15 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jan,
the casio's appear to be very good value for money. Unfotunately I don't think they supported very well when it comes to styles. They're one of the companies that don't appear to be support by the EMC styles convert program.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
Ah well nothing stays the same things move on ,i will have to buy a casio next time! by the way they are not bad boards these days anyone want to bet they become the biggest Yamaha rival.
jan

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51554 - 01/11/04 02:50 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
I've received an email (person not to be mentioned) about the language used in my reply to this discussion. If I've offended anyone you have my apologies; and, to Bill, if you want to kick me out, I've put the appropriate shielding in place.

Come on you lot, this is a serious subject. No more Technics, i.e.; 2 years from now; probably no more forum, except for the veterans. If we can do anything to defend our 'enjoyment' rights to have access to this technology, let's get down and talk about it and stop worrying so much about syntax.

I'm sorry if I've offended any of you but I stick by my words.

Mark (no Michelle, or Lucy, just me.)

#51555 - 01/11/04 03:00 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Its a sad day indeed

Its not all that long ago there were various suggestions on this forum as to what we would like Technics to incorporate into the future (hopefully) KN8 - It was quite a long list of suggestions. Perhaps after reading them someone at Head office decided to throw in the towel!!!

Do you think we will ever get a ROM update now? - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-11-2004).]

#51556 - 01/11/04 03:12 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Yes, it is a sad day........But our KN7000's are still just as wonderful an instrument as they were before we had this announcement!

Marilyn

#51557 - 01/11/04 03:21 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Well !!
I'm sure glad that I bought the KN7000 in 2001, not too long after it's release.
It's the finest all around arranger keyboard ever produced (IMO)and at least there will be a parts supply (hopefully) for a few years in case anything goes wrong.
I was going to sell my old KN2000, but under the circumstances, I sure will hang on to it as a backup. It had to be repaired once due to a lightning strike so now a good high class surge suppressor goes along with my keyboard no matter where I take it.
Anyway, hang in there people. There are enough of us that already own the KN7000, plus the new owners yet to come, that there will be enough questions and answers to keep this forum going for a long, long time.
In that vein, thanks to all, for both past and future help.
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 01-11-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 01-11-2004).]

#51558 - 01/11/04 03:30 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Arne Bakken Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thats real sad, i´ve just got me eyes opened for Technics keyboards. I tested the KN2600 and found it perfect for me. So in a week or two my KN2600 will be comming....

I really hope this forum will be here, even if Technics close there shop.

This is my first post in this forum, and i must say "This is a great forum with lots of knowledge"

------------------
/Arne Bakken
www.arnebakken.com(just in swedish at the moment)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online