SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#51539 - 01/11/04 10:15 AM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
At Last an optimist. Hope you're right Johnnie. Thinks - I must live a very sheltered life, didn't even know that there were Panasonic keyboards.........

Peter

#51540 - 01/11/04 10:18 AM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

Here in the states there is still inventory of KN7000 at Technics USA I myself have inventory of all models. Parts will be available for 5-7 years so not all bad news for current owners. Yes - sad for any new models, but perhaps make us appreciate our Technics more no matter what model we have altho I like my 7000 the best.

Walt Tenay
Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios
Myrtle Beach, SC 29526 USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:

Who was it?? that said
It was only a rumour and take it with a grain of salt
a sad end to an era and your last chance for a KN2600 but I doubt if you will be finding any KN7000

#51541 - 01/11/04 10:58 AM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
maybe some news at Frankfurth?
Are you going this year Alec?
GJ

I do have a trip offered for a commercial market report this year (non-Technics), but it just won't be the same if I do decide to take it up.

#51542 - 01/11/04 11:48 AM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
Hi,

Here in the states there is still inventory of KN7000 at Technics USA I myself have inventory of all models. Parts will be available for 5-7 years so not all bad news for current owners. Yes - sad for any new models, but perhaps make us appreciate our Technics more no matter what model we have altho I like my 7000 the best.

Walt
I am very glad that there is still an opportunity to be able to acquire the KN7000 in the USA.
Not so easy in the UK I'm afraid they are very scarce and retailers have not been able to replenish their stock for a little while now.
I suspect that if there are no further models to have to chase then it will be a golden opportunity to get to know our KN7000 in depth.
If you look at it honestly it would be hard to think how much further the KN range could go as far as improvements in the sound and the quality of the voices are concerned and we have at our elbow just about every rhythm and music style that was ever created. I accept that technology rolls on and that new gismos evolve such as where memory and media features in the box are concerned.
Hey! am I trying to talk up a very disappointing development here or what sorry no smiley for sorrow.

#51543 - 01/11/04 12:11 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Walt,
thank you for letting us know that spare parts will still be available for a number of years. That to me was my biggest worry.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
Hi,

Walt Tenay
Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios
Myrtle Beach, SC 29526 USA

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51544 - 01/11/04 12:17 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi All,

Wow! My optimism that there would be a KN8000 was certainly misplaced! It is indeed a sad day for all of us who own KN's, and as Willum points out, a sad day for Technics employees. Guess I'll just keep my KN6000 and be happy.

Chuck

#51545 - 01/11/04 12:19 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Johnnie,
I would say a lot of us loyal technics fans possibly upgraded everytime a new model came out, without ever fully understanding the one we'd just traded.

As you said, lets take the opportunity and get the most out of what we've got.

Long live the KN7000.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
[B] I suspect that if there are no further models to have to chase then it will be a golden opportunity to get to know our KN7000 in depth.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51546 - 01/11/04 12:25 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]Hi Johnnie,
I would say a lot of us loyal technics fans possibly upgraded everytime a new model came out, without ever fully understanding the one we'd just traded.

As you said, lets take the opportunity and get the most out of what we've got.

Long live the KN7000.
B]

Hi Rikki
I'm with you

#51547 - 01/11/04 12:26 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Oh Christ!

I was the one, in the original discussion, who said 'there's no smoke without fire'. To all Technics users, I can only apologise for having perhaps had a glimpse of the future.

Now, to all you on-line detectives, what kind of back-up are we going to have from here on? Or, is it going to make the KN and other series look like a DeLoreon on cocaine?

Anyway, I digress. I still can't see why Technics (I'm not trying to protect them!) have seen fit to pull away from what might still be a profitible market; it's just like Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce getting out of making luxury cars. We all, at some time time or another depend or our 'boards for, if anything else, relaxation. It's like telling an alcoholic that nobody produces drinks anymore.

Maybe we'll all end up going to Yamaha or, even worse, Panasonic (?) or Casio. God help us as most of us have built up a lot of libraries of Technics files which, judging by this topic, are to become defunct to everyone apart from a small group of veteran users.

I'm sorry if I've gone over the top in the above, but, having only been introduced and intrigued by the Technic's 'lifestyle' this has got to be the worse news yet.

If anybody wants to cheer me up send me a note telling me it's a mistake or a bottle of something at least 40%.

Sad days,

Mark

#51548 - 01/11/04 12:40 PM Re: NO MORE TECHNICS - official.
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
It's interesting that this is happening to Technics, but really not new to the music industry. These things really do happen and it's a matter a time when the day comes when a particular instrument manufacturer calls it quits. All though those manufacturers were strictly in the music making business, not like Technics/Panasonic which has other areas of goods.

I been playing the keyboard since the 70's, and I started out owning a Wurlitzer. Where is the Wurlitzer now?

Then I started to use Conn organs, where are the Conn organs?

Then I went to Thomas organs, not around too.

Went with the Baldwin electric piano , and not sure the status of Baldwin, maybe still around.

Traded the baldwin back in 1997 for the Technics PR900, still have it. Now have the PR804, just in time I guess.

Hmmmn, I hope I'm not the jinx here...

With technology, a few years from now, the Technics instruments will be obsolete and the newer instruments made by other companies will take hold. I guess they call this progress.

Although there is one thought of hope, that Technics/Panasonic sell the intrument portion to another company that can continue making the instruments, or incorporate it into some of what they already have.

Anthony

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online