SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50977 - 02/19/03 08:08 AM Glitch in Rhythm
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The "piano showtime" does not have any piano accomp.Parts bass,and acp 2 and 3 have a box with an "M",which I presume is custom.
I thought of intializing to bring it back to factory setting,but am afraid erasing a whole bunch of panel settings etc.. If I need to correct one rythm, what part do I initialize.Piano showtime is a factory rythm in Country and Western.

Thanks
Bernie

#50978 - 02/19/03 08:32 AM Re: Glitch in Rhythm
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Bernie
Male sure the Sound Arranger button is not
lit. Then the different parts will revert to the factory setting. You can use the 'Set' button to change the sounds for any of the parts, (including sounds stored in Sound Memory - those will show as M ) but switching off will always revert to the factory settings.
John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 02-19-2003).]

#50979 - 02/19/03 12:34 PM Re: Glitch in Rhythm
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Bernie, I've never had a "piece" of factory style disappear, and I'm not quite sure how that could happen, but if you do a pattern copy to memory A, you can bring up the composer and investigate the style. Maybe the sound level was lowered for the particular instrument in sound memory, and you will have to raise it. Technics has peculiar tastes sometimes for blending sounds and maybe that's all it is. In any case, you can add or delete any of the parts you desire, or simply enhance the sounds, especially those from sound memory. Composer is a valuable and versatile tool for restoring or building your preferred sound and everyone should attempt to learn the functions of this tool at some point. If you were planning to use this style for a recording or to simply change it more to your liking, then use the composer, save your results to disk and just use your version. Save all your panel memories to disk and restore factory settings, although I don't think the presets are restorable. If the part is still missing the instrumentation, then there is another problem and Technics will have to solve that one.

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 02-19-2003).]

#50980 - 02/19/03 12:49 PM Re: Glitch in Rhythm
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you both for your help.
John
The arrnager button was lit.I don't know why in this case,as I saved the part right after previewing it,but, oh well,that brought it back. Thank you.
Bud,
Thank you for a lesson I will need down the road after I get the basics down. Like knowing to turn a button off.

A little embarrassed

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online