Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#509052 - 10/20/23 03:33 PM Yamaha Genos 2 is now official
gambler Offline

#509053 - 10/21/23 05:16 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It actually says Workstations, so there may be more than one, as to whether the Genos will be included, we will have to wait and see. (Talking to dealers the current Genos is still selling well)

Bill

#509056 - 10/21/23 06:22 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: abacus]
gambler Offline

We don’t have to wait and see. It is the new Genos 2 which will be released on November 15th. It has been confirmed and is official from Yamaha.

#509058 - 10/21/23 11:07 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Well, we already have a new Montage M, now the new Genos is coming.
Meanwhile there's a message on Yamaha's site that shortage of semiconductors is still an issue.
It's easy to expect that the new Genos will have an USB audio feature. An optimist would hope that it would be a multichannel audio, but so far Yamaha teaches us that even Genos should have limitations.
Quite possibly we will hear something about the sound engine, some changes that now allow to produce voices more authentically "like never before".
The new Montage M has a polyphonic aftertouch keyboard, but only the 88 key version. Not sure that Yamaha would add something that makes the production more expensive.
Basically instead of Genos, people will be buying Genos 2, because it is new, just like with any other thing out there...
What I mean, that it is not supposed to change the game by its definition;
A 76-key version of SX600 would be a game changer, but I doubt that the game is allowed to be changed. Let's not talk about modules...
Let's see how much of it will be about technology and how much about marketing (emotions).

#509063 - 10/22/23 03:31 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pretty sure that's an 88 note hammer action keybed in that short video too... would they do 76 AND 88 note and NOT a 61? surely they would offer all 3 if that were the case...

#509066 - 10/23/23 10:24 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You're assuming it is an arranger keyboard in the video, however it could be a new arranger piano.
Normally Yamaha put out more than 1 video and/or teaser, so there may be more on the way giving more information.

Bill

#509068 - 10/23/23 11:26 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It would be interesting to hear from G1 users about what their primary hope for feature improvements (not sounds) in the G2…Major bug fixes, new features, UI changes etc.

It might be interesting to compare wishes with results when it finally gets released.

#509069 - 10/23/23 11:38 AM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: Nick G]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By Nick G
Pretty sure that's an 88 note hammer action keybed in that short video too... would they do 76 AND 88 note and NOT a 61? surely they would offer all 3 if that were the case...

I’m also a bit skeptical about this being Genos 2 for the same reason. Not to mention, Clavinova’s have ALWAYS trailed the pure arranger line (Tyro/Genos) in features. Add to that that the video shows the first sound it makes is a grand piano.

Finally, I’m not sure that Yamaha would want a far cheaper (relatively!💵💵💵) Genos competing with its TOTL Clavinova’s. It would cannibalize its own very profitable product…

Jury’s out, for me. But I’d still like to hear a prioritized wishlist for the G2

#509071 - 10/23/23 03:25 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
gambler Offline

There is nothing to be skeptical about. It is a teaser for the new Genos 2. There have been a couple of teasers released, and it is now common knowledge that Genos 2 will be released on 15th November. I have also had an email from my dealer confirming the release.

#509072 - 10/23/23 05:59 PM Re: Yamaha Genos 2 is now official [Re: gambler]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Regarding Genos 2 OS / features that I believe are a must:

- There needs to be far more options and flexibility to tweak and adjust style parts WITHOUT going into the style recorder / sequencer... such as: adjust octave levels of style parts. Being able to switch / re voice individual different drum samples of the the drum and percussion tracks in Realtime.

- For some ridiculous reason when you are in the style sequencer and you select an existing track to edit it - you cannot edit it unless you delete/erase the current track and start again... It doesn't always happen with all tracks - there may be some Yamaha logic to it - but whatever it is - its ridiculous and needs to be removed to give us the full freedom to edit ANY style track WITHOUT having to erase it first.

- Its time to be able to display more than just 10 voices or styles per page...

- Scratch the almost hidden "Legacy" icon for the "legacy voices" and just include them all in the same pages and categories as the rest of the voices (maybe allow us to check a box to include or exclude them from showing)

- When selecting multipads in the Mixer all the editing and realtime controls are blank - there is no way to adjust cutoff / res, individual volumes, EQ or Chorus and Reverb in realtime... Why is this missing???

- This one may be subjective but anyone who has a Yamaha Synth from the last 20 years, Any Roland or Korg Arranger from 2000 onwards will agree that overall the sound on Yamaha arrangers is still compressed and lacks punch compared (especially in the drums and bass)... don't care what they say, don't care about "master EQ and compression settings"... There is something going on inside the Genos / PSR line that Yamaha wont be honest and upfront about. I have had to spend so much time loading in drum and bass samples to bring it alive - it shouldn't have to be like that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online