SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#508379 - 06/02/23 02:42 PM And the hits just keep coming????
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi All. I sold a "like new" Yamaha (psr s970) on Ebay and it was delivered today. The buyer requested a refund saying "keys not in good condition" and sent pics, only problem pics are NOT of the board I sent, pics buyer sent are of a well used (psr s975)??? Don't know yet what this guy is up to but notified Ebay and we'll see what happens. I'm sure I'll have to give a refund in the end but I want to be sure I get MY KEYBOARD BACK and not the piece of junk he sent pics of.

#508381 - 06/02/23 05:05 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, sorry about that! I've only done face to face transactions, or I'll ship only to SZ members.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508384 - 06/03/23 10:06 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hopefully, you have a record of the SN# of your keyboard (sales receipt might be nice) to prove the buyer is trying to rip you off…

#508422 - 06/10/23 07:46 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
Guardman2001 Offline

My God, this thing has turned into a nightmare. I still don't know the outcome even after conversing w/ Ebay numerous times. They said they would get back to me in 48hrs on messages I sent on Jun 2, 3rd, 4th, but didn't then said I had to wait until Jun 8th for Ebay to decide the dispute. I'm still waiting. I just received a message saying they were deducting $70 from my checking account for shipping but nothing else. I tried to find out what's going on but they say the dispute has already been reported so they're telling me nothing. If I have to refund I'll be out the shipping both ways $140 right off the top and then pray I get the keyboard back in the excellent condition I shipped it in. I've been w/ Ebay for 22yrs now and have a record of almost 2900 positive feedbacks 100%. I haden't sold anything for quite awhile because of illness and I don't know if I want to try again as things have sure changed at Ebay...

#508423 - 06/11/23 01:27 AM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
So much for customer loyalty. That is terrible. I am sorry about your dilemma but glad to know about ebay these days.

#508425 - 06/11/23 03:23 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
Guardman2001 Offline

Well, I just don't get it. From what I can see it looks like they're just going to ship it back to me come hell or high water. I haven't seen any new evidence about anything. It's like they don't think I have a right to know what's going on so I'm guilty as the buyer says and that's it. As far as I know the only evidence is the bogus pics he sent. What about my pics showing a mint keyboard???. I've been trying to open a chat but I'm blocked as it says Ebay is investigating, don't bother us???

#508427 - 06/12/23 09:22 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: montunoman]
Guardman2001 Offline

And now another hit. The buyer has until Jun 30 to ship the item back...So they have oodles of time to do anything they want and I just have to sit here and wait to see if they ship back the item in the same condition it was sent or what?? And I can't relist until I see the item???. I can't believe Ebay has twisted the selling process so badly to favor the buyer at the expense of the seller???

#508429 - 06/13/23 07:02 AM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: Guardman2001]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Ebay originally was a place for the "little guy" to sell things. Ebay saw the success of Amazon and started to pattern themselves on that model which places all the emphasis on the buyer as king. I used to sell a lot there but not so much anymore. I think it is still ok for smaller value items but less so for things like keyboards.

#508430 - 06/13/23 10:30 AM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Man, Reverb is a cakewalk compared to what you are going through. Out of 100 sales, I have had 3 damaged instruments and two returns which I OKed, not because the items were defective, but because the buyer changed his/her mind.

I just got back a Shure 55s. The guy did not think it sounded right.
I refunded the money for a Gibson Melody Maker. The buyer couldn't describe his complaint, but said, "it doesn't play right". The Melody Maker sold again in three days, three of the people who bought instruments damaged in shipment took a relatively small refund (covered by insurance offered by Reverb) and the guy who wanted to return the double neck Gretsch was happy. We deducted the amount insurance paid for the damage and ended up OK.

BIG, Big fan of Reverb, except for the fact that, starting this year, they ship sellers a 1099, which means that Capital Gains tax will be due in April.

OH WELL....

Good luck!

BTW: I have a prefect condition Hammond XB-2, A Roland SH201 synth and a Roland GW-7 only turned on once for sale.

All local pick-up only.

#508444 - 06/14/23 03:43 PM Re: And the hits just keep coming???? [Re: captain Russ]
Duane O Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest, California, USA
I stopped selling on Ebay about 5 years ago. They do not respect sellers. The buyers hold all of the cards. Craigslist, in person cash sales are the way to go.

Duane O'D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online