And the hits just keep coming????

Posted by: Guardman2001

And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/02/23 02:42 PM

Hi All. I sold a "like new" Yamaha (psr s970) on Ebay and it was delivered today. The buyer requested a refund saying "keys not in good condition" and sent pics, only problem pics are NOT of the board I sent, pics buyer sent are of a well used (psr s975)??? Don't know yet what this guy is up to but notified Ebay and we'll see what happens. I'm sure I'll have to give a refund in the end but I want to be sure I get MY KEYBOARD BACK and not the piece of junk he sent pics of.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/02/23 05:05 PM

Wow, sorry about that! I've only done face to face transactions, or I'll ship only to SZ members.
Posted by: Diki

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/03/23 10:06 PM

Hopefully, you have a record of the SN# of your keyboard (sales receipt might be nice) to prove the buyer is trying to rip you off…

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/10/23 07:46 PM

My God, this thing has turned into a nightmare. I still don't know the outcome even after conversing w/ Ebay numerous times. They said they would get back to me in 48hrs on messages I sent on Jun 2, 3rd, 4th, but didn't then said I had to wait until Jun 8th for Ebay to decide the dispute. I'm still waiting. I just received a message saying they were deducting $70 from my checking account for shipping but nothing else. I tried to find out what's going on but they say the dispute has already been reported so they're telling me nothing. If I have to refund I'll be out the shipping both ways $140 right off the top and then pray I get the keyboard back in the excellent condition I shipped it in. I've been w/ Ebay for 22yrs now and have a record of almost 2900 positive feedbacks 100%. I haden't sold anything for quite awhile because of illness and I don't know if I want to try again as things have sure changed at Ebay...
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/11/23 01:27 AM

So much for customer loyalty. That is terrible. I am sorry about your dilemma but glad to know about ebay these days.

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/11/23 03:23 PM

Well, I just don't get it. From what I can see it looks like they're just going to ship it back to me come hell or high water. I haven't seen any new evidence about anything. It's like they don't think I have a right to know what's going on so I'm guilty as the buyer says and that's it. As far as I know the only evidence is the bogus pics he sent. What about my pics showing a mint keyboard???. I've been trying to open a chat but I'm blocked as it says Ebay is investigating, don't bother us???

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/12/23 09:22 PM

And now another hit. The buyer has until Jun 30 to ship the item back...So they have oodles of time to do anything they want and I just have to sit here and wait to see if they ship back the item in the same condition it was sent or what?? And I can't relist until I see the item???. I can't believe Ebay has twisted the selling process so badly to favor the buyer at the expense of the seller???
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/13/23 07:02 AM

Ebay originally was a place for the "little guy" to sell things. Ebay saw the success of Amazon and started to pattern themselves on that model which places all the emphasis on the buyer as king. I used to sell a lot there but not so much anymore. I think it is still ok for smaller value items but less so for things like keyboards.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/13/23 10:30 AM

Man, Reverb is a cakewalk compared to what you are going through. Out of 100 sales, I have had 3 damaged instruments and two returns which I OKed, not because the items were defective, but because the buyer changed his/her mind.

I just got back a Shure 55s. The guy did not think it sounded right.
I refunded the money for a Gibson Melody Maker. The buyer couldn't describe his complaint, but said, "it doesn't play right". The Melody Maker sold again in three days, three of the people who bought instruments damaged in shipment took a relatively small refund (covered by insurance offered by Reverb) and the guy who wanted to return the double neck Gretsch was happy. We deducted the amount insurance paid for the damage and ended up OK.

BIG, Big fan of Reverb, except for the fact that, starting this year, they ship sellers a 1099, which means that Capital Gains tax will be due in April.

OH WELL....

Good luck!

BTW: I have a prefect condition Hammond XB-2, A Roland SH201 synth and a Roland GW-7 only turned on once for sale.

All local pick-up only.
Posted by: Duane O

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/14/23 03:43 PM

I stopped selling on Ebay about 5 years ago. They do not respect sellers. The buyers hold all of the cards. Craigslist, in person cash sales are the way to go.

Duane O'D

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/14/23 11:53 PM

Get a load of this. I was just reading over the page where it says "If the buyer does not ship the item back by Jun 30th, (We may)(MAY) close the dispute and you will not have to refund the buyer... So what does that mean??? They (MAY) allow the buyer more time to return the item or whatever is their pleasure??? This is getting more ludicrous all the time. I guess I may have to look into filing a claim w/ small claims court.

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/30/23 04:33 AM

The nightmare is finally over. The buyer didn't return the keyboard by Jun 30 so they closed the dispute in my favor and I can keep MY money...
Posted by: Diki

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 06/30/23 10:20 AM

Good to hear…
Posted by: zuki

Re: And the hits just keep coming???? - 07/04/23 09:30 PM

Happy for you. Nothing worse than going through that every day.