SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#508309 - 05/24/23 10:40 AM Update on treatment
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. Been concentrating on wellness and getting back into gigging shape. Couple of chemo treatments under my belt (regimen is one infusion every three weeks, two weeks of pills and one off) and so far, minimal side effects, and my labs are all excellent. The doctors seem happy enough!

Only thing that seems an impediment to gigging is a day or so of my throat being a bit closed with cold drinks and food, but usually gone a couple of days after the infusion, so I can book around that…

Speaking of which, I took myself down to only a couple of gigs a week while I found out how the chemo was going to be, I already had nearly three months of subbing out most of my gigs (four or so a week) to friends, and didn’t want to have to keep doing that to my clients, so I cut back. But the ease of my chemo side effects is definitely persuading me to add more gigs while the season is upon us here in Florida!

But oh! The bills! Looks like I’ll be praying nothing goes wrong with my current rig (I do have a backup BK9!) because the doctors and hospitals have me by the balls for the foreseeable future! But, all in all, still a best case scenario, I feel so lucky and blessed. I sit in the chair at the cancer center along side others who have it far worse, and I feel so guilty. But we all tread the same path, no one lives forever 🥺 I’m just glad there’s still music to be made… 🎹♥️🙏

#508315 - 05/24/23 12:08 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Wishing you a speedy recovery Diki to get back on the road again.

#508316 - 05/24/23 12:11 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Terrysutt]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Don't give up the fight !!!!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#508317 - 05/24/23 12:37 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
🎼🎵🎶 Always look at the bright side of life... 🎵🎶
Best wishes for speedy recovery and for a long musical life Diki. 👍😊
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#508319 - 05/24/23 12:59 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks, guys. There’s no giving up here..! To be honest, labs show no spread except to a few lymph nodes, no organ problems at all, and the chemo regimen for my issues seems very low impact. So I’m not worried in the slightest. I’ll let the doctors do that if needed, and they all seem very positive for a quick recovery, then periodic testing.

If I have anything I need worry about, it’s getting to the gigs through Memorial Day traffic in an area that only has one main road! 😂🎹♥️

#508322 - 05/24/23 02:13 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hang in there, guy!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508327 - 05/24/23 03:16 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Hanging a lot lower than they used to! 😂🍒

#508329 - 05/24/23 04:10 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By Diki
Thanks, guys. There’s no giving up here..!

I predict that you will be around for another 46.3 years

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#508331 - 05/25/23 02:44 AM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Welcome back Diki its been quiet without you.

As always no matter how bad you are there is always somebody worse, so always look on the bright side of life. (Or watch Monty Pythons Life of Brian)

Bill

#508342 - 05/25/23 01:13 PM Re: Update on treatment [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks Bill. I rather wish it didn’t need me around to make it noisy! We need to reinvigorate our passion… for music AND for the technology that makes it possible to create it. Passion makes for an interesting read. Passion creates opinions that sometimes differ. Passion drives us to improve, to not stagnate, to ask for technology to help us realize the promise of the arranger. IMHO, we’ve still got a long way to go. I hope to see the results of that journey many years from now.

Who can predict what we’ll see? Only way to find out is to hang in there and wait for it to happen! In the meantime, places like this are where we can shape the future, perhaps put a little pressure on manufacturers and designers to develop stuff that only real players (not a team of engineers and software designers!) know is important. But only if we get fired up, participate, question, argue, discuss…

Next time I have to take a sabbatical, my fervent wish is that the forum members keep up the fire! 🎹♥️😱🥵

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online