Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. Been concentrating on wellness and getting back into gigging shape. Couple of chemo treatments under my belt (regimen is one infusion every three weeks, two weeks of pills and one off) and so far, minimal side effects, and my labs are all excellent. The doctors seem happy enough!

Only thing that seems an impediment to gigging is a day or so of my throat being a bit closed with cold drinks and food, but usually gone a couple of days after the infusion, so I can book around that…

Speaking of which, I took myself down to only a couple of gigs a week while I found out how the chemo was going to be, I already had nearly three months of subbing out most of my gigs (four or so a week) to friends, and didn’t want to have to keep doing that to my clients, so I cut back. But the ease of my chemo side effects is definitely persuading me to add more gigs while the season is upon us here in Florida!

But oh! The bills! Looks like I’ll be praying nothing goes wrong with my current rig (I do have a backup BK9!) because the doctors and hospitals have me by the balls for the foreseeable future! But, all in all, still a best case scenario, I feel so lucky and blessed. I sit in the chair at the cancer center along side others who have it far worse, and I feel so guilty. But we all tread the same path, no one lives forever 🥺 I’m just glad there’s still music to be made… 🎹♥️🙏