SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#507280 - 12/22/22 03:58 PM Anybody getting anything new for Xmas?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Sound system, new Arranger, Pacemaker, Hip Replacement, divorce? All nice gifts and for our little group, age-appropriate. I'm giving myself a "Learn to play piano in 10 minutes" instruction booklet; I ordered a couple of extra copies for some of my forum friends here smile.

Here is a limerick I learned on my father's knee.

Mary had a little sheep
She took with her to sleep
The sheep turned out to be a Ram
Mary had a little lamb

As they say here in Georgia, Merry Xmas, ya'll.

chas

PS: I hear Gary is pining away for a spanking new Roli Seaboard.

Edited by cgiles (12/22/22 04:06 PM)

#507283 - 12/22/22 07:40 PM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Greetings!

I was hoping for a new roof by Christmas. Ain't gonna happen! Probably another few weeks. That blue roof better last a little longer!

All that aside I am extremely grateful for the year I have had. Me and my Genos have stayed safe and dry. The house will be filled with the sounds of Christmas!!! -charley

#507284 - 12/23/22 09:05 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: rattley]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Looks really good for a Ketron Event to arrive after the new year..

Stay Safe everyone and Happy Holidays

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#507285 - 12/23/22 09:30 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I'm getting a 1958 Baldwin that has had significant restoration work. Super excited!!!!

Here’s a little demo at the shop. Sorry for the very poor video- audio quality…. Anyways, I think I’ll need a copy of that instruction book, Chas smile

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/1gmBzgfa09I[/video]

Edited by montunoman (12/23/22 10:29 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507286 - 12/23/22 11:29 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

WOW!!! rphillipchuk and montunoman, what a great way to start the new year. So much better than an AR-15 or Glock (the preferred self-gift here in Georgia smile ). Let's hope more people decide that music and art is SOOooo much better than the craziness that has plagued this current year. Enjoy your great new purchases.

Oh, and Paul, I know you're way past this stuff but sometimes it's fun to go back and run through the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbfn0tpVI4&ab_channel=OpenStudio

chas

Edited by cgiles (12/23/22 11:33 AM)

#507287 - 12/23/22 11:36 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
santa might bring me a guitar . im going back to my roots. havent played since my producer put me on keyboards in 1966. We will see how this works out.

Attachments
SQUIRE MINI JAZZMASTER.JPG (76 downloads)
Description: santa might

#507291 - 12/23/22 01:58 PM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, the only board I'm getting is a large slab of Mappa Burl, from which I hope to make a beautiful coffee table and a solid, guitar body for my son. It will likely keep me busy for the entire winter, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Merry Christmas, everyone,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/23/22 01:59 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507292 - 12/23/22 04:13 PM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Gary, with this artic weather we're having, you may have to use that slab of Mappa Burl for firewood smile. You're always complaining about the 'frozen tundra' that is Maryland in the winter, well, now we too can claim some of that title; it was 15f, windchill below zero (very high winds) when I woke up this morning. This may not be much for you but I'M SUPPOSED TO BE IN WARM, SUNNY GEORGIA. WHAT HAPPENED? BTW, I'm sending you climate deniers my heating bill this month smile smile.

Stay warm,

chas

#507294 - 12/24/22 08:38 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Santa got me an early Xmas present with a 50 mile range electric bike. Nice to be able to get around a lot more (health issues have made regular bicycling challenging), although it’s sitting unused while we go through this cold snap (temps in the 20’s here in sunny Florida!🥶😱).

I made use of the Black Friday sales to load my iPad up with the SWAM saxes and strings, which are absolutely amazing, and I’m currently researching using CME’s wireless Bluetooth MIDI options so I can wander around the venue with my old KX5 keytar (which has a breath controller input) and do the roving sax player bit!

I have the SWAM stuff working well with the BK9, using expression instead of breath controller, and it’s an amazing way to while away the hours going through my jazz fakebooks and Christmas books, playing the chords the first go round on piano while the chord sequencer records the changes, then blowing as many choruses as I can on the sax. Did that a couple of days ago, suddenly realized I had been at it for 5 hours without even realizing it! 😍

Santa knows what I like..!

I wish all of you the joy of the Christmas and holiday season, and hope Santa brings you something to enhance your love of music! 🎅🏻🎹🎄🎷🎻🎼

#507297 - 12/24/22 11:51 AM Re: Anybody getting anything new for Xmas? [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It was just 6 degrees f. this morning and now we're up to 12 degrees at 3 p.m. The heating oil truck arrived yesterday, dumped $1,000 into my oil tank (243 gallons). If the planet has a fever, I sure wish it was taking place in my part of the globe. I would love to see some coconut palms springing up in my front yard. smile The wind chill index is just 8 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm really looking forward to starting to work on that slab of Mappa Burl in the next few days. I'll be posting some photos of my progress on this project. I know it has nothing to do with music, other than the guitar I hope to make from part of the slab, but I think you folks will enjoy what this old man is still capable of doing. wink

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online