SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#506895 - 10/27/22 10:12 AM Yamaha style for Werewolves of London
Beakybird Offline

Hi everyone. I've been playing my PSR-SX900 for the last four years for my senior shows. Before that it was many other Yamaha models back to the PSR740.
I used to come to the Arranger KB forum a lot.
I learned tons of arrangements for my clients, but about 10 years ago, I started getting into guitar, acoustic piano, songwriting. I've let my repertoire get old, and the elderly folks are asking for newer music.
So I'll be coming here a little bit for guidance on styles for slightly newer songs. Hopefully able to assist people as well.
Starting tomorrow, I have Halloween shows, and I'd love to have a style for Warren Zevon's Werewolf of London. Anyone have anything?

#506896 - 10/27/22 10:57 AM Re: Yamaha style for Werewolves of London [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Try using the Blues/Rock style on your keyboard, A variation and you'll have to slow the tempo a bit, but you can make everything fit by just muting some style parts.

Good Luck, Larry,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#506897 - 10/27/22 07:31 PM Re: Yamaha style for Werewolves of London [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Thanks Gary, I'll give it another try. Initially, that style didn't sound right, but muting parts might be the trick.

#506902 - 10/27/22 10:49 PM Re: Yamaha style for Werewolves of London [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Got a ska style? There’s a great David Lindley version..!

https://youtu.be/C-XffQd0Tgc

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online