SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#506854 - 10/20/22 02:54 PM RIP, Don Mason
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Our buddy, Don, passed away a year ago yesterday. Meant to post but something happened with my computer. Just a little note to salute my friend again. Been thinking of going fishing and Don would go! And today, a mutual golf buddy stopped by. I was looking through my phone and found a pic of Don and a bass and he said it was five pounds. Nope, three and a half at the most. RIP, you jokester!

Gary, I read on here you've had major troubles. So sorry to read that. But you're home now, right? Take a shot of that Kickapoo Joy Juice. Cheers!

Hi, Russ, I see you're still kickin', too, good!

#506855 - 10/21/22 05:38 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Thanks for reminding us of Don's passing.🌈
He was such a great man and an inspiration to me.🙏

#506858 - 10/21/22 07:08 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Don will always hold a special place in my heart. I took a few trips out to Shreveport to visit him, and he let me sit in for a few songs, I did best I could do on some old C&W stuff, and Don gave me lots of encouragement. I am still using a TC Helicon unit I bought from him, and think of him every time I fire it up. I hope he's getting lots of golf, fishing in, and ripping out those beautiful guitar licks up in Heaven.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#506861 - 10/21/22 07:21 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Great man-the forum has never been the same without him.

#506862 - 10/21/22 09:36 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm finding stuff I got from don regularly, in my effort to "downsize" equipment.

Each time I do, it brings a smile to my face.

Russ

#506865 - 10/21/22 01:07 PM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Goodness, is it a year.
I even bought something off him many years ago, a pedalboard for my Ketron sd1. Couldn’t buy one in Aust. and Don had a spare. Gave me a great price on it, but when he went to post it, he nearly had a fit, air postage was nearly as much as the pedal.
He seemed embarrassed it was costing so much. Reassured him I wanted it regardless. I would have paid triple just to get one.

Things just aren’t the same without him. Used to love listening to his songs and having chats.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#506867 - 10/22/22 08:48 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I think about him all the time and for many years we talked almost daily about many things other than music, fishing, hunting, and of course he always encouraged me to try some new songs, record and post them. He was a very special friend and I miss him dearly.

Bill, I am finally back home, after three months of pure Hell, now wearing a colostomy bag, have some prostate health issues that will require surgery, probably next week or two, then, back to my physical therapy regiment, which increases daily.

Great to hear from you, and I will give you a call soon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#506889 - 10/26/22 11:02 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I miss Don. Never shy about posting tunes, and a very deft imitator of guitar parts. I learned a lot from him. ♥️🎹

#506891 - 10/27/22 01:13 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I notice that sometimes it's difficult to come up with a meaningful comment, but saying nothing can he misread as indifference. On Facebook people react with emojis, which is something in the middle.

Don is surely missed, he always knew the right thing to say, sometimes a funny one :-)

Gary, it's nice to see you here; sorry that you have to fight one battle after another, but you are a good fighter !

#506893 - 10/27/22 09:41 AM Re: RIP, Don Mason [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
While occasionally guilty here, I don’t think emoji’s by themselves convey any less indifference than nothing at all to be honest. What’s the LEAST you can contribute to a conversation without complete silence? Ah yes, the humble emoji!

Maybe I’m just (let’s face it, like most here!) from the wrong generation, or maybe I just feel that a forum setting deserves a slightly more informative response, but if it’s not worth saying with words, it’s not worth saying at all IMHO.

Mind you, being a musician’s forum, I keep hoping that the post that conveys the most information is music itself! Don definitely knew and practiced that…

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online