SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#505722 - 05/28/22 01:52 AM Re: Tascom DP-01 fx/cd [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Bernie, I love your attitude and your humor. I think my humor is ok but my attitude could probably use a little tweaking smile.

chas

Chas.
Even though you didn't ask for it, I feel compelled to give my opinion after this rare baring of the souls:

You are very intelligent and well spoken,( not to be confused with always using profuse, kind oratory), and a very good musician. You are highly principled and leave no doubt as to your stand on a given subject. OOH, that is only when someone riles you.

Since I am a fair judge of character, we have never crossed swords, resulting in me being the recipient of well meaning and valuable advice and discourse.

#505723 - 05/28/22 02:09 AM Re: Tascom DP-01 fx/cd [Re: lahawk]
Bernie9 Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk
Bernie, don't go crazy. Sometimes you can over edit. In a way your "natural" videos of you playing, on the fly, is nice to see and hear. I feel like I'm in your studio watching and listening to Bernie play, and that's not a bad thing.

Just fix that "Fish Eye"

Chas (and me) "We are actually not funny, we are just really mean and people think we are joking" smile

Larry, it is your turn. However, I can't roast you, as you seem to be a steady force of of equal temperament and ,like Chas, always willing to be of help. Thank you for your comments, and wonder what to do about the "fish eye" syndrome. Someone on the Zoom Forum mentioned the same dislike, saying that the sound is excellent, but they have never fixed the fish eye,

I appreciate you both, as well as others, in trying to get this old guy on a new venture.

#505724 - 05/28/22 05:07 AM Re: Tascom DP-01 fx/cd [Re: Bernie9]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Getting back to your original topic, The Tascam recorder, records in wave format. A much better quality than mp3, however, it produces a larger file size because of its much better quality. I would not get rid of it but keep if for the times when highest quality is desired.
MEL

Edited by organgrinder (05/28/22 05:10 AM)

#505726 - 05/28/22 05:49 AM Re: Tascom DP-01 fx/cd [Re: lahawk]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By lahawk
Bernie, don't go crazy. Sometimes you can over edit. In a way your "natural" videos of you playing, on the fly, is nice to see and hear. I feel like I'm in your studio watching and listening to Bernie play, and that's not a bad thing.

Couldn't agree more. Clearly nobody's listening to what you're trying to accomplish (except maybe Larry). Our pushing you to create this slick, pro-studio quality video is overkill at best and may even discourage you from trying anything at all. For just posting good-quality, no-frills videos on the 'net for our pleasure, comments, and critiques, only a couple of minor tweaks are really necessary. Since you've already addressed the lighting problem and you're satisfied with the audio, all that's necessary is better video quality and some minor editing.

Your assessment of the Zoom Q2n is spot on; great sound/lousy video. I relegated mine to videotaping my grandson's swim meets but soon replaced it with my GoPro 8 (I now have the new '10' - waste-of-money upgrade). I would replace the Zoom with a 'Consumer quality' dedicated video camera (my little Panasonic 40x zoom, about 2-300.00, takes better video than my Sony A10 which originally cost @ $6k).

The second thing is to use your current video editor to just trim the beginning and end of your videos. Do these two things and I think (but won't guarantee) that you'll get the results you want. If you eventually want better videos, EVOLVE into it, rather than trying to fix everything at once.

BTW, my "free" advice is worth what most free things are worth smile smile.

chas

#505728 - 05/28/22 09:04 AM Re: Tascom DP-01 fx/cd [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

I love it Chas, and hold in high regard every comment you make. Please disregard any previous comments, or then, don't lol.

Mel
Thank you for your advice. I shall take it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online