SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#505522 - 04/20/22 11:06 AM Blast from the past
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Any oldies from the home organ days remember this, how things have moved on.
Not shown in the video but there were also stickers on the pedals with a light shining on them to help as well.

Bill

#505528 - 04/20/22 01:31 PM Re: Blast from the past [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neat! Liberace was a fantastic entertainer.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505601 - 05/10/22 03:24 PM Re: Blast from the past [Re: abacus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I love Liberace!!! He may have taken a few liberties playing the classics (without music) but he was a master entertainer. I saw him several times years ago when I lived near Chicago.

I also had an aunt who had that organ. I loved playing it. It had all the bells and whistles of its time. It was probably the first "arranger keyboard" I remember.

George Wright used to pedal Conn's electronic organs from the same era. All the malls had them out on display. Another thing from days ago......

I still have the shell of a Conn Theatrette made in 1972. It was severely water damaged during Hurricane Charley. I gutted all the electronics and used it for a controller for MidiZter. It sounded pretty good for what it was and it was free! It's probably the closest thing to a real Wurlitzer a guy like me could play.

It's been collecting dust now for a long time. I would like to take it to the "next level". I'm retired now.........it sounds like a future project to keep me amused!! -charley

#505604 - 05/10/22 08:54 PM Re: Blast from the past [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thank You Abicus andGary! Your post already inspired me enough to find all my MidiTzer stuff. Considering it came out in 2004 i managed to find everything including passwords. I installed the MidiTzer 260SP. It is the 3 manual version. I played a few midi files with it and can't believe how good it sounds especially considering the old soundfonts technology used.

I even ordered a 24 note midi pedalboard to go with my setup! Now.....if I only can teach myself left hand playing styles. I've got plenty of time now......so NO excuses!! -charley

Edited by rattley (05/10/22 09:50 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online