Blast from the past

Posted by: abacus

Blast from the past - 04/20/22 11:06 AM

Any oldies from the home organ days remember this, how things have moved on.
Not shown in the video but there were also stickers on the pedals with a light shining on them to help as well.

Bill

Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Blast from the past - 04/20/22 01:31 PM

Neat! Liberace was a fantastic entertainer.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: rattley

Re: Blast from the past - 05/10/22 03:24 PM

I love Liberace!!! He may have taken a few liberties playing the classics (without music) but he was a master entertainer. I saw him several times years ago when I lived near Chicago.

I also had an aunt who had that organ. I loved playing it. It had all the bells and whistles of its time. It was probably the first "arranger keyboard" I remember.

George Wright used to pedal Conn's electronic organs from the same era. All the malls had them out on display. Another thing from days ago......

I still have the shell of a Conn Theatrette made in 1972. It was severely water damaged during Hurricane Charley. I gutted all the electronics and used it for a controller for MidiZter. It sounded pretty good for what it was and it was free! It's probably the closest thing to a real Wurlitzer a guy like me could play.

It's been collecting dust now for a long time. I would like to take it to the "next level". I'm retired now.........it sounds like a future project to keep me amused!! -charley
Posted by: rattley

Re: Blast from the past - 05/10/22 08:54 PM

Thank You Abicus andGary! Your post already inspired me enough to find all my MidiTzer stuff. Considering it came out in 2004 i managed to find everything including passwords. I installed the MidiTzer 260SP. It is the 3 manual version. I played a few midi files with it and can't believe how good it sounds especially considering the old soundfonts technology used.

I even ordered a 24 note midi pedalboard to go with my setup! Now.....if I only can teach myself left hand playing styles. I've got plenty of time now......so NO excuses!! -charley