SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#502296 - 02/20/21 03:37 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Rationally, I think if you don't really need battery-powered PA (and I can barely remember a situation in which electricity wasn't available), both Bose S1 and JBL Eon One Compact are bad choices regarding value for money. Compared with a pair of Yamaha DBR 10 or the new JBL IRX 108 BT (only 7.9 kg a piece), they lack output and don't produce deeper bass either. Also the horizontal coverage of the sound is just a little better with the Bose S1, not much.

#502297 - 02/20/21 04:28 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By Crossover
Rationally, I think if you don't really need battery-powered PA (and I can barely remember a situation in which electricity wasn't available), both Bose S1 and JBL Eon One Compact are bad choices regarding value for money. Compared with a pair of Yamaha DBR 10 or the new JBL IRX 108 BT (only 7.9 kg a piece), they lack output and don't produce deeper bass either. Also the horizontal coverage of the sound is just a little better with the Bose S1, not much.

Your so right. I have a JBL 610 I haven't used in awhile so I pulled it out today to see if it could be a good stand alone for smaller venues and rehersals. Wow, it blew me away, especiall the bass. I've only used it as a monitor with my pair of the Eon One vertical models for duo jobs with my sax player. I too have never a the need for battery power and I think you pay a lot for that feature. These JBLs are the best speakers I've ever owned.

#502414 - 03/07/21 01:47 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Anyone hear the Electro-Voice EVOLVE 30M Portable Powered Column L? heard this outdoors a few days ago, guy doing a single w backing tracks. Sounded great, better than any Bose.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online