SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#501550 - 11/22/20 03:55 PM Slowhand getting Laid...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How about a little Eric Clapton?

Another audio backing, I'm on the piano and guitar solo...

Attachments
Lay Down Sally.mp3 (309 downloads)

Edited by Diki (11/22/20 03:56 PM)

#501554 - 11/23/20 02:11 AM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Love it Diki. And that guitar solo knocked me out. It sure sounds like a classic Fender Telecaster solo. So very tasty.

#501557 - 11/23/20 09:19 AM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
great performance and the Tele sound is right on !

#501560 - 11/23/20 01:06 PM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
This is good!

#501582 - 11/25/20 08:54 AM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
wow, what a lucky audience you have!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#501592 - 11/26/20 10:06 AM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, Roland don’t have a SuperNatural articulated Strat or Tele in the BK-9 (I think there’s one in the Integra-7) so this one is from the normal Tones, but it’s still fun to play, you just have to be a little more careful how you articulate the lines...

But more than anything, this goes to show just how impossible it is to play something like this while playing in arranger mode. Almost every note is bent one way or the other, it would be nothing like this if I had to play chords with the LH...

I love using arrangers... but not often AS arrangers! They are the ultimate live music tool, set up far better than WS’s to just go out and gig. But I’m afraid the playing technique for arranger mode stops me from doing what I think I’m best at...

Emulation is a two handed thing!

#501625 - 11/28/20 11:29 PM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Fun, to listen to and toe tap to as well, man you have a great voice.
Sounded like YOU really like play and singing that one!

Allan

#501630 - 11/29/20 12:07 PM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks. To be honest, and often to my cost commercially, I don’t play ANYTHING I don’t like to play and sing!

Strangely, for most of my career I never was the singer. I’ve had the great fortune to work with many singers that put me completely to shame in bands big and small. My solo singing only came through necessity as my area moved away from bands and more to solos and duos in the last decade or so. So thank you for singling it out... it is often hard to feel good about it compared to the greats I’ve worked with!

It gets a little strange on the gig when I’ve played my ass off on some song or another, and someone comes up and compliments me for my voice instead! But I’ve learned to just be grateful they’re saying anything good at all!

#504153 - 10/28/21 01:30 PM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Loved the guitar licks as well as the piano. Really sounded great. That's the same style I used for that song on nearly all my Yamaha keyboards, Skiffle style. Don't beat yourself up on the vocals, there are lots of entertainers in South Florida that I came across that sounded just horrible, but they still got paid at the end of the night, though I'm not sure if they ever got a repeat performance. Hey, at least you're still working. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#504178 - 10/30/21 10:46 AM Re: Slowhand getting Laid... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks Gary…

I guess I tend to hold myself to the standards of those I have worked with, which includes many greats, up to and including Luther Vandross! So on the big sliding scale of singers I’m a pretty small fish!

But yes, I have been kind of enjoying it a lot more lately, even though I don’t have the type of voice I wish I had (there’s a big black soul singer trapped inside this weedy white body!). I’m starting to take the compliments a bit more at face value… 😂

By the way, it’s not a style. You can’t play like that and still input the chords..!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online