SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#499752 - 07/05/20 09:22 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Can someone explain to me what makes this keyboard worth that price? Lots of less expensive keyboards also sound great, especially when demo'd by a coorporate pro. Raising the price now with the limited market it already has is hard to understand.

Comparing the sound of both keyboards, I'd say that the Genos does have an advantage. Is it worth more than double the price of the PSR-SX900? Maybe not, but for those who want the very best, and can afford it, it's the Genos (I'm comparing it to it's baby brother, the SX-900, not to other brands).

If you ask me, I think they won't sell as many units now that they've raised the price, but I'm no expert. smile

Edited by Mikem (07/05/20 09:23 PM)

#499754 - 07/05/20 09:55 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Mikem]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
A mediocre player will still be mediocre on a TOTL instrument, though.

#499762 - 07/06/20 06:26 AM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Mikem]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Genos=most overpriced arranger of all time.

#499763 - 07/06/20 07:08 AM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Genos=most overpriced arranger of all time.

Well, Audya was not cheap, and if look to SD9 it's at same pricelevel as Genos here. Ketrons other units is not not lowprice items either.
But if look at Korg PA4X, it's aprox 10.000,- NOK below the other two brands, that's a lot of money!!
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#499769 - 07/06/20 10:32 AM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Mikem]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Not only is the 4 year old Genos still priced ridiculously high, but what's with the seven year old used T-5's and what they are asking for them?

It's crazy!

Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499778 - 07/06/20 03:27 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: lahawk]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk
Not only is the 4 year old Genos still priced ridiculously high, but what's with the seven year old used T-5's and what they are asking for them?

It's crazy!

Yup, absolutely crazy. I think they would do well to lower the prices substantially. They'd make more money.

#499780 - 07/06/20 04:01 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Mikem]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I was in music retail for over 30 years it is normal and customary to have price increases on products. Prices while maybe not sounding cheap to us, they actually are for what you are getting. Just compare what home organs sell for and then tell me these are overpriced. It's what the market will bare and lowering the price will not bring them more money but less. The only time these may go down in price may be right as a new model comes out. Remember, these TOTL keyboards like expensive home organs are designed for older adults who have the money to spare.

#499781 - 07/06/20 06:44 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Mikem]
124 Offline

As I alluded to upthread, Yamaha have been following that business model for many years. I don't know the ins and outs of retailing, but I do know I wouldn't pay those kinds of prices. I can live with my present keyboard for the rest of the way. Heck, I might even eventually get to know a bit more of its inner workings.:)

#499784 - 07/06/20 09:51 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Scott Langholff]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
I was in music retail for over 30 years it is normal and customary to have price increases on products. Prices while maybe not sounding cheap to us, they actually are for what you are getting. Just compare what home organs sell for and then tell me these are overpriced. It's what the market will bare and lowering the price will not bring them more money but less. The only time these may go down in price may be right as a new model comes out. Remember, these TOTL keyboards like expensive home organs are designed for older adults who have the money to spare.

Thanks for your input based on experience. I guess I'll either have to pay more, or wait a while till the price comes down or choose something else that's cheaper. smile

#499785 - 07/06/20 09:54 PM Re: Genos Price Raised by $500.00! [Re: Scott Langholff]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Remember, these TOTL keyboards like expensive home organs are designed for older adults who have the money to spare.

They are not designed for wealthy adults with money to spare, they are priced for them. Which is a different thing.

And yes, lowering prices always increases the units sold, but could actually reduce the profit. And selling, let us say, 20% less at doubled price can likely increase profits.

This happens when the market is NOT much sensitive to price, which is the case for the potential Genos buyer (every one considering buying a 4k€ arranger is NOT money constrained).

Edited by groovyband.live (07/06/20 09:57 PM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online