SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#498629 - 06/12/20 10:22 AM For Kabinopus
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
To my knowledge, you are the only Russian member of this forum, and among the most talented. How I wish I could fly to Russia and see you perform live, but alas, that is no longer possible for me. Because of my deteriorating lung condition, and the equipment I must carry, I can no longer fly.

Every time I see one of your wonderful posts, I think of a song performed by Nancy Sinatra, From Russia With Love, which was the title of a James Bond movie that it was written for. Thought I would post my rendition of this song, which I recorded in 2017 on the PSR-S950 using an onboard style from the Movie and Show category. It recorded using the onboard USB recorder, my CM-311A Crown, headset mic, then changed to an MP3 file using Audacity. No editing involved. click here to play From Russia With Love

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498631 - 06/12/20 10:35 AM Re: For Kabinopus [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap

#498652 - 06/12/20 03:12 PM Re: For Kabinopus [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you, Gary, for introducing this song to me; I guess, I've heard of it, but now I'm listening to it like for the first time. Your performance does inspire me to check it and perhaps to watch the movie (although I predict it would be more about the action and far from any reality)... I've been watching movies with Cary Grant lately, I discovered this actor only not long ago. Certainly I wish I had an opportunity to meet all of you in America myself, but so far it doesn't seem possible to me to make such a trip either; for u$ual reasons :-) So, as Theodore Roosevelt said, "do what you can, with what you have, where you are..."

After all, reality is rarely as we picture it; it takes me about 2,5 hours to get to Kremlin and if I happen to be there I usually conclude that there's nothing special about it. But I like different places in general, atmosphere of a busy city like Moscow, or some freshness from fields and forests.. I like driving myself, or going on a bus or a train with various people (surely miss it right now), but mostly I just walk, it gives me a lot of impressions and it feels good.

Perhaps, if each goal is archived it just means that there were not enough of them :-)

There's an idea that an ultimate existence should be only about information; which is thoughts, imagination... it must be music as well, as music is also information... Somehow the internet brings us closer to this idea.

#498655 - 06/12/20 04:24 PM Re: For Kabinopus [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Glad you enjoyed my rendition, my friend.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498669 - 06/13/20 07:16 AM Re: For Kabinopus [Re: Kabinopus]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
Thank you, Gary, for introducing this song to me; I guess, I've heard of it, but now I'm listening to it like for the first time. Your performance does inspire me to check it and perhaps to watch the movie (although I predict it would be more about the action and far from any reality)... I've been watching movies with Cary Grant lately, I discovered this actor only not long ago. Certainly I wish I had an opportunity to meet all of you in America myself, but so far it doesn't seem possible to me to make such a trip either; for u$ual reasons :-) So, as Theodore Roosevelt said, "do what you can, with what you have, where you are..."

After all, reality is rarely as we picture it; it takes me about 2,5 hours to get to Kremlin and if I happen to be there I usually conclude that there's nothing special about it. But I like different places in general, atmosphere of a busy city like Moscow, or some freshness from fields and forests.. I like driving myself, or going on a bus or a train with various people (surely miss it right now), but mostly I just walk, it gives me a lot of impressions and it feels good.

Perhaps, if each goal is archived it just means that there were not enough of them :-)

There's an idea that an ultimate existence should be only about information; which is thoughts, imagination... it must be music as well, as music is also information... Somehow the internet brings us closer to this idea.

I would love to be your neighbour just to hear what it is like to be on the other side of the big pond !!!!

Stay Safe

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#498686 - 06/13/20 09:10 AM Re: For Kabinopus [Re: rphillipchuk]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By rphillipchuk

I would love to be your neighbour just to hear what it is like to be on the other side of the big pond !!!!

Stay Safe

To tell the truth, I doubt that you would like to change Canada to Russia. But I believe that it is some context which determines how we feel, not the place. I mean, I can complain about not being able to travel to USA, but what if someone offers me to get there and to work as a waiter or a taxi driver. I will be in USA then, but in a different context. Often I think that everything is cool when you sleep enough and eat enough; nothing is cool when you don’t.

Sometimes I watch different places via Google Maps; it reveals very quickly that we should not confuse our ideas about things/places with actual things/places.

Eventually it seems that everyone seeks to have some comfort and some privacy; regardless of what place or country it is. Sounds not very patriotic, I guess. Maybe I just got too used to the isolation.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online