SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#495624 - 04/26/20 09:21 AM TONY HUGHES IS BACK
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi guys sorry I have been away for such a long time, in 2016 I found I had prostate cancer, had one year of treatment , the cancer is asleep at the moment, but it was diagnosed as very aggressive, if and when it comes back I don't know what I will face. I lost touch with Ian sent him a few emails and got no answer, I thought he had gone. We are all getting older and I hope wiser. I remember a lot of fun on SZ and a lot of aggro, I have no aggro left in me anymore. There is a lot of experience on SZ, I hope I can slot in again, just ordered a Genos and it's coming next week, in 2016 I stopped playing the Tyros, thought I was done for, no one really tells what the future holds, but they say men die with prostate cancer, not of it. If any of you god forbid have it and want to know the route you take I am here to listen. God bless you all at this very trying time in all our lives.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#495626 - 04/26/20 09:24 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Welcome back Tony..great news for sure and good luck with your Genos..

#495627 - 04/26/20 09:25 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Tony Hughes. Best wishes from the UK.
KEEP POSITIVE !!!.

#495629 - 04/26/20 09:28 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

DNJ many thanks
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#495630 - 04/26/20 09:28 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Graham UK]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks Graham

#495631 - 04/26/20 09:30 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, glad to see you posting again. You really had me worried. And, for the most part, men usually do die with prostate cancer, not because of it. But, of course, that depends upon the type of prostate cancer. Some prostate cancers are very aggressive and can take a person out in five years or less, while others can be put in remission with treatment and remain inactive for 20 or more years.

Glad you are doing well,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#495634 - 04/26/20 09:33 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

TE, Yes you are right I am 4 years in now I have blood test every 6 months of PSA it was still zero last time, I am coming up to a test in June, fingers crossed. You sound like you know a bit about it

#495636 - 04/26/20 09:45 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, I spent 15 years working in the field of medicine, trained in cardio-pulmonary at National Institute Of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, Johns Hopkins Hospital and University Of Maryland Hospital and was an adjunct professor of Cardio-pulomonay Technology at Spokane Community College. I learned a lot along the way and worked with some of the best doctors in all fields at the time. One, a top urologist, was a SCUBA diving buddy of mine and he was among the best urological surgeons in the nation. He provided me with lots of information on various types of urological cancers, especially when I was working with him in the operating room.

Personally, my PSA goes up and down like a Yo-Yo and I have been biopsied 4 times over the past 15 years. The last time it went up, they suggest another biopsy and I declined as I was well aware that in my present pulmonary condition that I would not likely survive the anesthesia - they agreed. Since then, my PSA has fallen back to normal levels and remains there. Guess I either got lucky, or made a wise deccission. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#495637 - 04/26/20 09:46 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Tony. It is great to hear from you again and especially to hear you are beating the cancer.
BTW, Gary knows a bit about EVERYTHING! smile

#495638 - 04/26/20 09:47 AM Re: TONY HUGHES IS BACK [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Tony, welcome back ...
About seventeen + years ago during pre-op testing prior to knee replacement surgery, my primary care doc saw a slight elevation in my PSA ... followed up with a biopsy that showed cancer cells ... Urologist said we could wait and watch, but the C word scared me ... radical prostatectomy followed ... With the numbers I had, and today's knowledge about the desease they would 'wait and watch', not recommend surgery ... but that was then, this is now ...
God Bless, and again, welcome back ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online