SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49429 - 03/28/02 07:19 PM Better advertising through free give- aways
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi! I am new to this although I have been reading all the forums since 2 years especially those concerning the KN models. My question or comment is that I think that Technics should offer free demo audio tapes, cheap demo video tapes or better yet, real media player demos sothat we can actually hear or see and hear what it is all about. And since most manuels are not that easy for the layman to understand, I'd suggest a free video course or real media player course. To get free advice from a pro would we well worth the price of the instrument. And this could be an ongoing proces, like a whole series. I don't think any other keyboard manufacturer has this kind of service. It would certainly be a sales boost. All too often once you have made the sale the niceties stop until you're ready for your next buy. But to provide this kind of free service on the Net...it would only mean that there's one manufacturer who believes that the customers deserves to get the best out of his or her instrument. I'd welcome any comments. Thank you .

------------------
Taike

#49430 - 03/29/02 01:26 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Taike,

Welcome to the Technics Forum on SynthZone! You didn't specify whether or not you have a KN keyboard, and if so, which one. The manuals that accompany the instruments we buy do indeed leave a lot to be desired. Your suggestions make sense, but companies are unlikely to produce the "help" products you mention if their history to date is any indicator of their future intentions. Third parties do produce "help" products. I bought the KN6000 Tutorial Video and the Technote Workshop series of six videos and found them to be just what I needed as a beginning arranger keyboard player. I also purchased the "How Do I Do That" book authored by Alec Pagida from Keynote. It is an excellent guide book in my opinion. I hasten to add that I am a United States Air Force retiree and have no business connection with either entity. I mention these products to you in the event you are not aware they exist. There is additonal quality help available but you have to pay for it. In my case it was money well spent.

Best Regards, Chuck

#49431 - 03/29/02 02:42 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
For mp3 demos go to for instance WWW.taiyo.de and click on keyboards. www.Mister-music.de

#49432 - 03/29/02 04:22 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Taike Offline

Hi Chuck,
Thx for your reply. I should've added that I own a KN5000. I know of the video tapes you mentioned and the book. They are available from the Technics Keyboard Magazine, a Britisch publication. Alas, the tapes won't work on my VCR as I use another system. For your information, I live in Taiwan. I think I'll wait until the KN7000 is available and then try to get any video manuels from the US. Yet, I do find it a shame that one has to purschase additional manuels in order to get a thorough understanding of one's instrument. If such video manuals were included it would greatly boost the interest of any potential customer. Even a CD-rom would be perfect. Maybe if every customer demanded it, it might make a difference after all. Yet, I am not complaining as I truly love my KN5000. Haven't played Kn6000 or 6500, though. Technics doesn't do as great a job as Yamaha if you look at all the sites dedicated to the latter. I wonder why that is. Thx again for your reply.

#49433 - 03/29/02 10:51 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Again, Taike,

Thanks for your response to my post. You made the point that if customers complained about the lack of comprehensive instructions for their keyboards, Technics might take note and do something about it. It is a valid point. I feel the same as you and obtained an e-mail address to which forum members can write and express their views. That address is contained in my post on this forum under the heading "KN7000 Feedback via E-Mail to Panasonic" should you decide to write direct to Technics. I have already sent my opinions to them. My opinions may not make a difference, but I have the satisfaction of knowing my views have been read by the right people at Technics. Your point about Yamaha doing a better job than Technics on the internet is an issue I cannot speak to with any personal knowledge. I don't visit Yamaha sites. I believe this SynthZone forum will become the "home" for Technics arranger keyboard owners. It is only a couple of months old and has grown tremendously in that short period of time. We have some bona fide experts here and we are lucky in that respect. Thanks again for your reply.

Best Regards, Chuck

#49434 - 03/31/02 09:28 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Taike,

I heard about the earthquake on Taiwan while listening to CNN. Are you OK? I have experienced several earthquakes while living in California, some worse than others, so I know how they feel and the damage they can do. I trust you are not affected personally.

Best Regards, Chuck

#49435 - 03/31/02 09:28 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Taike,

I heard about the earthquake on Taiwan while listening to CNN. Are you OK? I have experienced several earthquakes while living in California, some worse than others, so I know how they feel and the damage they can do. I trust you are not affected personally.

Best Regards, Chuck

#49436 - 03/31/02 10:52 AM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Taike Offline

Thx for your concern,Chuck. Means a lot. Yeah, luckily I am fine. It was a pretty strong one. I was chatting to my Belgian friends and giving them live commentary. Once again, thanks. Won't ever forget!!!

#49437 - 03/31/02 12:02 PM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Please provide the email address so I can voice my complaint to Technics USA about the lack of support for customers and suggest they start up an informative web site for all its users.

#49438 - 03/31/02 12:28 PM Re: Better advertising through free give- aways
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Taike,

A BIG WELCOME to the Synthzone Technics forum! Glad to hear that you are safe (and were not hurt) from the earthquake today in your Country of Taiwan. I live in California (San Francisco Bay Area) and we experienced a similar magnitude quake about 12 years ago and I'll l never forget how scary that felt.

Great to hear you own the KN5000. It's really a terrific board. I recently sold mine (sadly), but am planning to use the proceeds towards the upcoming new KN7000 later this year. In the meantime, I have to admit that I currently enjoy performing professionally on a Yamaha PSR2000 now. I realize that this is a Technics forum, but you guys really owe it to yourself to at least checkout the PSR2000, as it really is a terrific sounding arranger KB and believe it or not, costs less than $1,000 US dollars. In the meantime, please visit my website and check out my song demos which were all performed exclusively on the Technics KN5000.

Btw, if anyone here is interested, I'm offering my KN5000 instructional videos (VHS format) FOR SALE. Will accept best offer. Email me if interested. This includes 4 tapes:

Exploring the KN5000 Part1: 75 min.
Exploring the KN5000 Part2: 46 min.
Exploring the KN5000 Part2A: 180 min.
Exploring the KN5000 Part2B: 69 min.

- Scott http://scottyee.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online