SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#492794 - 03/26/20 12:59 PM O. T. but maybe not.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As some may recall, I took the month of March off from playing at Ernest's, and of course have not returned and won't for some time.
Today this devastating news came. One of Ernest's good friends, and mine, Reverend Ronnie Hampton, died from the coronavirus. We called him the Rev. He conducted the service when Ernest's mother died a couple of years ago.
Even though I wasn't there, I am certain that Ernest and a number of staff and customers were with him within the past few weeks.
The last time I saw him was in late February and of course we shook hands, but that should have been well before he contracted the virus.
If I had contracted it from him, it would have shown up by now.
My fear is for the staff and customers who were in contact with him.
His ministry was with the poor, homeless, needy, down-trodden of the community.
I'm sharing this to show how it can affect any of us and to say we can't be too careful. I feel blessed that I was removed from this particular environment.
As a favor to me, and to honor the Rev., I'm hoping you will read this short story about him that appeared today.
Reverend Ronnie Hampton

Edited by DonM (03/26/20 01:00 PM)

#492800 - 03/26/20 01:33 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
His thoughts are beautiful ...

Yes, this points out that we must be diligent, but we also cannot allow this thing to consume us, and make us fret with every thought and movement ...

I am sorry for the loss you, his family, congregation, and friends are feeling ...

#492805 - 03/26/20 01:52 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, one of the reasons for people believing in a higher power, which I call Jesus, is that we believe that we have a place to go after we leave here. No one can physically prove the existence of a God; we just made a decision to believe.

I’m sure that your dear friend, Reverend Ronnie Hampton has gone to a better place. That is what he believed. I myself at 88 years of age believe as he did. Because of my belief the number 88 does not trouble me.

Don, Reverend Ronnie was a good man, just as you are. I pray for you and your family; may you have peace during this difficult time.

Caring, John C.

#492810 - 03/26/20 02:43 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Don my deepest sympathy for your reverend how sad...
May he rest in peace..

#492811 - 03/26/20 02:50 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks guys. I'm really worried about Ernest. I know he hasn't been feeling well and he's not answering his phone.
Edit: I just talked to him. He is still having a little fever, but no chest problems or cough. He is staying away from everyone until he feels better. I'm trying to convince him to go get tested. He is really upset about the Rev of course.
Thanks for letting me share this personal stuff. It helps to write it down.

Edited by DonM (03/26/20 02:58 PM)

#492812 - 03/26/20 02:52 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
So sorry for your loss Don, and be careful out there! I heard that Louisiana, and especially New Orleans is a real hot spot right now. Like medical care workers, clergy take a huge risk when they console people afflicted with this terrible disease. His reward is in Heaven!

#492837 - 03/26/20 06:08 PM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don,

My condolences on the loss of Reverend Ronnie Hampton. May he rest in peace. At least where I am in Florida people are taking precautions, but others don't seem to be taking it seriously thinking they are immune.

#492864 - 03/27/20 06:48 AM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Sorry to hear that news Don. These times are scary times. Hopefully "This too shall pass" and that, soon, life will return to normal without devastating our ranks.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492878 - 03/27/20 08:49 AM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
jingleman Online   content

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Don, Sorry to hear about “The Rev”. He sounded like a wonderful human being. It just shows no one is immune from this terrible virus. A 39 year old well known DJ in the Fort Myers area past away last evening surrounded by his wife and children. God bless us all

#492884 - 03/27/20 09:12 AM Re: O. T. but maybe not. [Re: DonM]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don, sorry for your loss.....it's pretty scary right now...
Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online