SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#489951 - 02/22/20 07:15 AM Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I know this has been discussed, this time I happened to take a couple of photos (with my phone) ... this place had alot more fluorescent lights then usual ... and there was only 1 switch which turned them ALL (except one 'safety' light) off, so I had to keep them on. Luckily, after I took this photo, I rotated my whole rig a little and reduced the impact of this somewhat (was better on the iPad but I still had lights in the Genos display, but since I use Registrations, luckily I didn't have to use the touch screen too often. . .
[see 2 files]
Jim

Attachments
IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

#489963 - 02/22/20 11:36 AM Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Perfect reason why you need a TILT display like on the Korg Pa4x

#489975 - 02/22/20 03:19 PM Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Perfect reason why you need a TILT display like on the Korg Pa4x

The I pad is tilted, yet there is a glare on it ... wink

#489976 - 02/22/20 03:52 PM Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Try wearing a light color pair of Polaroid sunglasses - it will all go away. I suggest light tan color for best viewing. Tip from on old fisherman who had to contend with glare on the water all the time when fishing the flats of the Florida Keys for bonefish, permit and tarpon.

On the I-pad, that's more reflection than glare, but the sunglasses will take a lot of that away as well.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/22/20 03:53 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#489980 - 02/22/20 05:32 PM Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad [Re: jimlaing]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Or a tilt display like on Tyros models

#490128 - 02/24/20 07:02 AM Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Gary - interesting about the sunglasses. Are there any particular 'specifications' they need to have - is Polaroid the brand, or a 'feature' they need to have (blocking certain wavelengths etc.)? If I could get prescription glasses with the 'right' coating to reduce glare alot, and it was not too dark, I might consider it (I need about 1.25-1.50 correction to see well at the distance that music/iPad/keyboard screen and controls are at) . . .

Thanks - something to explore . . .
Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online