Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad

Posted by: jimlaing

Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/22/20 07:15 AM

I know this has been discussed, this time I happened to take a couple of photos (with my phone) ... this place had alot more fluorescent lights then usual ... and there was only 1 switch which turned them ALL (except one 'safety' light) off, so I had to keep them on. Luckily, after I took this photo, I rotated my whole rig a little and reduced the impact of this somewhat (was better on the iPad but I still had lights in the Genos display, but since I use Registrations, luckily I didn't have to use the touch screen too often. . .
[see 2 files]
Jim
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/22/20 11:36 AM

Perfect reason why you need a TILT display like on the Korg Pa4x
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/22/20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Perfect reason why you need a TILT display like on the Korg Pa4x

The I pad is tilted, yet there is a glare on it ... wink
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/22/20 03:52 PM

Try wearing a light color pair of Polaroid sunglasses - it will all go away. I suggest light tan color for best viewing. Tip from on old fisherman who had to contend with glare on the water all the time when fishing the flats of the Florida Keys for bonefish, permit and tarpon.

On the I-pad, that's more reflection than glare, but the sunglasses will take a lot of that away as well.

Gary cool
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/22/20 05:32 PM

Or a tilt display like on Tyros models
Posted by: jimlaing

Re: Glare and Reflections (see photos) on Genos & iPad - 02/24/20 07:02 AM

Gary - interesting about the sunglasses. Are there any particular 'specifications' they need to have - is Polaroid the brand, or a 'feature' they need to have (blocking certain wavelengths etc.)? If I could get prescription glasses with the 'right' coating to reduce glare alot, and it was not too dark, I might consider it (I need about 1.25-1.50 correction to see well at the distance that music/iPad/keyboard screen and controls are at) . . .

Thanks - something to explore . . .
Jim