SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#488902 - 02/09/20 02:24 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By zuki
As I contemplate purchasing a 900, I keep reading that it's not conducive for live play. I never had a problem with my (way back) 3000 - it worked like a champ and was able to change songs/do medleys without a glitch.

Tell me this board is designed for live play.

JIm, SX900 is fine for live play. For me this playlist feature is the proverbial “goose that laid the golden egg.” As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#488909 - 02/09/20 04:34 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny, I wander if there is not a PC program that would help you do the renaming/organizing you need to do?
Did you check Jososoft's stuff, he has a ton of cool programs?
Once you had it done it would be easy to do new stuff.

#488935 - 02/10/20 12:19 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

I know full well that we don't have to read posts that we find annoying, however when we're bombarded with a sometimes WEEKLY series of 'purchase/avatar change/demo barrage/after-purchase questions/effusive praise/notice of return or sale', all interspersed with liberal dollops of advice to others on what THEY should buy.

It's none of my business, I know, but on a forum, what you choose to share becomes everybody's business.

chas

a) some people just need constant attention
b) I don't believe half of the "latest purchase" remarks
c) less "keyboard of the week" posts hopefully will lead to more actual "music talk?" smile

#488947 - 02/10/20 05:24 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny, Please tell us your method of selecting the next song, and how you find it in your keyboard. Knowing this will make this type of post a positive. It may also give us some new great ideas.

John C

#488948 - 02/10/20 05:52 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

All I need is ONE list of my songs, Reg/SMF,Mp3 (singularly)
NOT IN FOLDERS in alphabetical order that can be scrolled through using a dial while playing songs in style or song mode simultaneously...
is that too much to ask? Korg songbook does it why can't Yamaha.

Right now as always you have to press BOTH Reg buttons/select song folder/press EDIT to open/the select your song..one registration
PER SONG

#488949 - 02/10/20 05:59 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100

I know full well that we don't have to read posts that we find annoying, however when we're bombarded with a sometimes WEEKLY series of 'purchase/avatar change/demo barrage/after-purchase questions/effusive praise/notice of return or sale', all interspersed with liberal dollops of advice to others on what THEY should buy.

It's none of my business, I know, but on a forum, what you choose to share becomes everybody's business.

chas

a) some people just need constant attention
b) I don't believe half of the "latest purchase" remarks
c) less "keyboard of the week" posts hopefully will lead to more actual "music talk?" smile

Chas, mark, and your cronies can try to ruffle my feathers with your rhetoric but personally IDGAS and really and I am being polite just ignore you both...if you don't like my post or others simply don't open and read them or believe them. Chas you were doing so well but alas your back to being angry again, too bad I thought during the holidays we were sought of being friends again but that has just ended.

Edited by Dnj (02/10/20 07:11 AM)

#488954 - 02/10/20 06:35 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Donny, save yourself the Yama-angst. It's back to Korg for you, lad. smile

#488955 - 02/10/20 06:40 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, I'm sorry Mark decided to rehash this; I thought it was dead and buried. But just out of curiosity, what is it you think I'm so "angry" about? I've often praised your vocal ability and musicianship and yes, I have sometimes expressed puzzlement over some of your buying decisions (none of my business for sure) but so have most of the other members of this forum except for your enablers who continue to encourage you in this costly and seemingly endless pursuit of the 'perfect' keyboard. I think most of us have concluded, rightly or wrongly, that what you're really pursuing is a cure for 'boredom in retirement'. I mean, who cares how quickly you can retrieve a song on a live gig if you aren't playing any live gigs? Look, I'm not angry and bear you no ill will. I responded to what appeared to me to be destructive behavior but I had no right to do that, so my apology's. Have a good day.

chas

#488957 - 02/10/20 07:03 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
Donny, save yourself the Yama-angst. It's back to Korg for you, lad. smile

Sorry but not again with KORG...when they up the game to the
quality sound level of the Sx/Genos Yamaha arrangers that is #1 on my list
I may be interested in the future models....
but I will give Korg props over Yamaha for features, navigation,
Vocal harmony, and songbook,...I have made my peace with the Sx700.

take care

#488958 - 02/10/20 07:11 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Donny, I'm sorry Mark decided to rehash this; I thought it was dead and buried. But just out of curiosity, what is it you think I'm so "angry" about? I've often praised your vocal ability and musicianship and yes, I have sometimes expressed puzzlement over some of your buying decisions (none of my business for sure) but so have most of the other members of this forum except for your enablers who continue to encourage you in this costly and seemingly endless pursuit of the 'perfect' keyboard. I think most of us have concluded, rightly or wrongly, that what you're really pursuing is a cure for 'boredom in retirement'. I mean, who cares how quickly you can retrieve a song on a live gig if you aren't playing any live gigs? Look, I'm not angry and bear you no ill will. I responded to what appeared to me to be destructive behavior but I had no right to do that, so my apology's. Have a good day.

chas

Ok Chas understood, I am willing to try again...just please don't worry about my well being or what anyone using their crystal ball fantasizes it to be,...and let's just discuss music ok I really enjoy listening to your renditions?
As for the other person mentioned, let's just say "Non Gratis"
nuff said!! and that's putting it mildly.

let's carry on shall we?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online