SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#489130 - 02/12/20 04:31 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
When I moved to Korg I was excited when I found that I could add my choice of OTS instruments when saving. On the Kn7000, if you wanted different OTS, you had to rewrite the style.

I agree with your method of selecting the next song to be played.

Korg SongBook:

1-Set up your info, style, instruments ect.
2-Then save them to the SongBook.
You are playing a song, and want to get the next song ready. Open SongBook, scroll until you find the song you want. Press and play.

PlayList:

1-Repeat #1 above.
2-Save one song in Registration #1
3-In PlayList box top right press Add Record – all the regs. show the song/reg you created.
4-Select which ones you want, or press All – then Press Add to PlayList. It will ask you where to save. Write the name you want and then save.

You are playing a song, and want to get the next song ready. Open PlayList, scroll until you find the song you want. Press and play. You may have to press the song in PlayList, and then Reg #1.

Donny, my memory of Korg is fading, hope I didn’t miss something.

Open for correction, John C.
PS, and there is more that makes PlayList great, and your job easier.

John C. I like the way you’ve compared the Korg and Yamaha systems. That’s about as clear as one can explain it. Good post!

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I think the topic is often confused,and regardless of Donny,has need for clarification. Folders hold banks of 8 regs,and can hold any number of various named sub folder,in USER for example. When folders are confused with BANKS, Everything breaks down in understanding the hierarchy.

And that’s another good explanation.

#489131 - 02/12/20 05:59 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I just tried to be Donny for a couple minutes....I have a large playlist, and a few smaller ones setup too. I brought up the large list. My list is several hundred songs, some MIDI, some style oriented. All the songs are in alpha order. I played one...then scrolled to find the next one..played it...etc. My playlist has one song per Registration bank, and in my case one registration per song. Works nicely.

The nice thing about this setup is if I want to add a few more registrations to a song I can easily do that...for different parts of the song.

When using just one registration for a song, I can, of course use OTS for 4 different sounds.

Pretty flexible.

I had a Korg PA2XPRO a few years ago...it sure was different with song book, and that was nice too.

Changing from one to the other would be, however a big job (but only needed once).

Am I missing something....as example going from Korg to Yamaha don't you have to start over anyway? Different style, different sounds different playing parameters etc. etc.

So why is the playlist such a big deal to do?

#489133 - 02/12/20 06:23 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Lee remember with 4 OTS used with one song per REG that also includes 3 sounds per OTS giving you a total of 12 RH sounds.

#489136 - 02/12/20 06:48 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sorry Donny, you just added something that would make your playing more involved. You get the same thing by pressing one Reg. ++++++ a lot more.

Put on your thinking hat, you’re missing something. When you press the little buttons to change your instrument in the OTS, what you get is a different instrument, and that is ALL YOU GET. You are not thanking advantage of the other 10 options that the keyboard is offering. (small thinking)

Come on Donny, make me proud, (SMILE) (BIG SMILE)
John C.

#489137 - 02/12/20 06:57 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

John everyone plays and navigates the keyboard differently...
there is no one way to do it.....I play off the cuff using a full repertoire song list and what ever sounds I need at the time
for the song I'm singing to, one Reg for One song. Pretty much I mix and match so every time I play the song it's a little different depending on my mood. I don't like to be regimented to the same arrangement each time that is too boring for me. I enjoy creating and arranging on the fly as i play and sing more fun for me that way. BUt it may not be the way others play and that is fine also. There is no right or wrong ..the only thing that matters is
"What it sounds like"

#489139 - 02/12/20 07:41 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yes, and that is probably fine for most songs....
My real point is going from Korg to Yamaha don't you have to re-do the songs/registrations anyways? So making a playlist entry for each song....no big deal.

I don't think there is a easy way to convert what you have on the Korg anyways....even if the playlist worked exactly like the songbook.....you still have to setup a song, style and maybe tweek the sounds for the OTS if needed...right?

#489166 - 02/12/20 01:45 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I’m setting mine up 1 song, one registration bank.
I can use 1 registration or I can use all 8.
Basically I don’t want to have to go back and redo them all, if eventually realise I’m missing out on something by not having done it this way.

For my set up 1 registration per song wouldn’t work anyway.

I’m using p121 as controller for my sx. I can’t really press any of the registration buttons whilst playing or even the one touch settings.
I have an L shape configuration . I have assigned my registrations to a foot pedal, just say reg 1. Vari 1, reg 2 vari 2, reg 3 vari 3 etc, I can assign any pads I want to use, and chord loops , ( should I ever get around to using them) assign sounds etc etc.
I just press the pedal, which I can reach, and each press takes me thru the registrations in the order I have programmed them in for that particular song.

Works brilliantly.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online