SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#488708 - 02/07/20 09:07 AM Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST
Dnj Offline

Now that many people have used the sx700,sx900,genos for a while maybe someone can answer my questions
on my concerns if it is possible..
So let's Rehash the discussion
on the SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST Feature abilities and limits.

1- Let's say I have 8 songs in a folder let's call it for eg:POP1
I use one registration for Each Song setup in Pop1.
Can you put all the songs in all the folders in the Playlist
so they will show SINGULARLY to scroll thru and search on the display?

Up till now on all my Yamaha units I would just push both
REG buttons, folders will show,
click edit songs will shown in folder choose one and play.

What advantages if any IF POSSIBLE will the
Playlist feature give me over the way
I look for songs now in a live situation?

Edited by Dnj (02/07/20 09:08 AM)

#488723 - 02/07/20 10:12 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, no disrespect, I mean it. But shouldn't you get those questions resolved (to your satisfaction) BEFORE you actually purchase the machine? I mean, shouldn't you know ahead of time that whatever the solution is, it will work for your intended usage? Seems to me that the questions you are asking are PRE-PURCHASE questions. In any case, hope it works out (although spontaneous/reactive decisions rarely do).

I know you scoffed at the 'Nintendo' suggestion and I'm sure it was said 'tongue-in-cheek', but it does seem that you've pretty much exhausted the keyboard search route as a means of finding meaning in retirement, so maybe not 'Nintendo', but SOMEthing else.

I know full well that we don't have to read posts that we find annoying, however when we're bombarded with a sometimes WEEKLY series of 'purchase/avatar change/demo barrage/after-purchase questions/effusive praise/notice of return or sale', all interspersed with liberal dollops of advice to others on what THEY should buy. "Physician, heal thyself".

It's none of my business, I know, but on a forum, what you choose to share becomes everybody's business. To be honest, I just hate to see you squander money trying to attain the unattainable by buying keyboards every other day. Sure, it's not MY money but it's got to be depriving SOMEbody of SOMEthing. I'm just saying, take a breather, try something else (preferably something less expensive), 'cause clearly, buying keyboards ain't doing it. Talk to Fran, you know he has your best interest at heart and I'm sure he might be able to provide some perspective that you may not find acceptable coming from me. Good luck, buddy.

chas

#488725 - 02/07/20 10:22 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, no disrespect, I mean it. But shouldn't you get those questions resolved (to your satisfaction) BEFORE you actually purchase the machine? I mean, shouldn't you know ahead of time that whatever the solution is, it will work for your intended usage? Seems to me that the questions you are asking are PRE-PURCHASE questions. In any case, hope it works out (although spontaneous/reactive decisions rarely do).

I know you scoffed at the 'Nintendo' suggestion and I'm sure it was said 'tongue-in-cheek', but it does seem that you've pretty much exhausted the keyboard search route as a means of finding meaning in retirement, so maybe not 'Nintendo', but SOMEthing else.

I know full well that we don't have to read posts that we find annoying, however when we're bombarded with a sometimes WEEKLY series of 'purchase/avatar change/demo barrage/after-purchase questions/effusive praise/notice of return or sale', all interspersed with liberal dollops of advice to others on what THEY should buy. "Physician, heal thyself".

It's none of my business, I know, but on a forum, what you choose to share becomes everybody's business. To be honest, I just hate to see you squander money trying to attain the unattainable by buying keyboards every other day. Sure, it's not MY money but it's got to be depriving SOMEbody of SOMEthing. I'm just saying, take a breather, try something else (preferably something less expensive), 'cause clearly, buying keyboards ain't doing it. Talk to Fran, you know he has your best interest at heart and I'm sure he might be able to provide some perspective that you may not find acceptable coming from me. Good luck, buddy.

chas

Chas thanx for your concern, but NO Thanx.....
and being I never got an answer to my query I ask again maybe someone will have a solution if it exists...no disrespect but my business isn't yours or anyone's business.....
have a great musical day.

now does anyone have an answer regarding my question on Playlist?

#488767 - 02/08/20 06:58 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

at 1:28 the playlist is further explained..

#488774 - 02/08/20 07:39 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
He lost my attention in the first 30 seconds

#488780 - 02/08/20 08:06 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

confused1 Dave it's about the playlist at 1:28..
that's my concern eek

Edited by Dnj (02/08/20 08:06 AM)

#488801 - 02/08/20 11:29 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

confused1 Dave it's about the playlist at 1:28..
that's my concern eek

Yeah but he put me to sleep before I got there.

#488813 - 02/08/20 01:26 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
1- The Playlist saves folders.
2- The folders can have 1 to 8 songs.
3- The playlist calls up what ever you have put in the folder.

If you are trying to use the Sx900 to fits the system that you used on another keyboard, it ain’t gonna do so well. WHY NOT TAKE THE SONGS AND USE THE SYSTEM THAT YAMAHA IS OFFERING? A little bit of learning—no a little bit of relearning.

I have 10 folders with 8 songs in each. They are called sets, each set fits what I would normally use – depending on the people. I have a set for 50’s, one for sing-a-long, a Latin set, and sets that have mix styles and tempos. I can cover just about any crowd that comes in the door. That is about 80+ songs. I also have a second playlist that has an additional set, 80+ songs.

The money songs, songs that are in big demand, they are saved one song to one folder, 8 Regs. I can do a much better job one to a folder. For lyrics and chords I am using OnSong app in my iPad. The songs are arranged the same as the system above. Each song has the info I need for the Playlist. Right now, my Playlist is being set up for song that I love to play, that is how all this started for me.

If there is an open mind, any keyboard can be set up what you need, if you use their system. Some not as good as others some take longer than others to get what you want. For me – how does it sound after I programed it.
Dave wants, no needs the on-board speakers – I was going to remove mine because of the weight. AND we are both right.

I hope my facts are right, lately I am not sure why I came into the room. (smile)

Hope this helps, John C.

Dave sorry, I love you but, who cares if you lost your attention????????

#488842 - 02/09/20 04:01 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I prefer to add playlist folders containing "BANKS"of a single song name with 4 "REGS"in each bank. I can have as many song names(banks)as I want in a folder. Donny ran into trouble because he had put 8 different songs(regs) in each BANK. He then could not see the individual songs. I am sure there are many ways to organize,but I have a folder e.g,called MEM FAVORITES with 80 banks,each named after the song,each have 4 regs(panel settings. I have several folders in my USER playlist area,containing various lists.

The point is that you can easily make new playlist FOLDERS,containing as many banks as you wish.

#488844 - 02/09/20 05:11 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Nothing new to me , and he is doing his best :-)

I cool

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online