SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#488965 - 02/10/20 08:10 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, now that the psychoanalysis has subsided, how does the 700 compare to the 900 sound wise? Also, is the playlist issue something you can make work for your needs?
Good luck,
Mitch

#488982 - 02/10/20 09:48 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, now that the psychoanalysis has subsided, how does the 700 compare to the 900 sound wise? Also, is the playlist issue something you can make work for your needs?
Good luck,
Mitch

Mitch nothing really different sound/style wise that party I am extremely happy with...
just a few less features vs sx900 that I really don't use CS, VH, & the speakers I shut off and
use my KRK Monitors in stereo or a Pa system.
Of course some can use the playlist but it's not for me frown
in any way as it is now if an OS change is made with my needs
I might look at it again,....
either was the MFD in previous models just useless for me no transpose saved, tiny text, etc,...
I'm fine using the registration buttons

Edited by Dnj (02/10/20 09:49 AM)

#489010 - 02/10/20 12:39 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
"Donny, Please tell us your method of selecting the next song, and how you find it in your keyboard. Knowing this will make this type of post a positive. It may also give us some new great ideas."

I am repeating my post because I would like to help.

1-You are playing a song – and getting ready to play another song –How do you normally decide what song you are going to play –and based on what thinking.
2-How do you find that song in the keyboard.
Korg has a great system, and so does Yamaha.
John C.

#489011 - 02/10/20 12:59 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
"Donny, Please tell us your method of selecting the next song, and how you find it in your keyboard. Knowing this will make this type of post a positive. It may also give us some new great ideas."

I am repeating my post because I would like to help.

1-You are playing a song – and getting ready to play another song –How do you normally decide what song you are going to play –and based on what thinking.
Korg has a great system, and so does Yamaha.
John C.

All I need is ONE list of my songs, Reg/SMF,Mp3 (singularly)
NOT IN FOLDERS in alphabetical order that can be scrolled through using a dial while playing songs in style or song mode simultaneously...
is that too much to ask? Korg songbook does it why can't Yamaha.

On my Sx700 I use the assignable buttons ...

I assign one of the buttons to "REGISTRATION BANK INFORMATION"
then I can easily just hit that assignable button and the reg menu opens up listing all the songs in a list for that bank.......
then I can use the REG buttons + or- to go thru the Pages of songs 8 songs per page....

As far as what songs to pick I just look at the audiences and choose what ever I feel is needed to have a great show. No play list ever...every show is different..

#489031 - 02/10/20 02:26 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By bruno123

Here's how I do it:

My "next song" choice is almost always dictated by the dance floor. What tempo - what style etc. If I make the choice, then I call up the drum pattern needed, and when the current song ends, I push the style select for the new beat, tap the tempo, and we're off to the races.
I don't have to "find" the song - just the type of beat it uses.

#489065 - 02/11/20 02:37 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Impuls]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
his screen did not appear very responsive...at times having to press twice.
QUESTION. Is there a Screen Touch Setting ?

#489109 - 02/11/20 07:32 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When I moved to Korg I was excited when I found that I could add my choice of OTS instruments when saving. On the Kn7000, if you wanted different OTS, you had to rewrite the style.

I agree with your method of selecting the next song to be played.

Korg SongBook:

1-Set up your info, style, instruments ect.
2-Then save them to the SongBook.
You are playing a song, and want to get the next song ready. Open SongBook, scroll until you find the song you want. Press and play.

PlayList:

1-Repeat #1 above.
2-Save one song in Registration #1
3-In PlayList box top right press Add Record – all the regs. show the song/reg you created.
4-Select which ones you want, or press All – then Press Add to PlayList. It will ask you where to save. Write the name you want and then save.

You are playing a song, and want to get the next song ready. Open PlayList, scroll until you find the song you want. Press and play. You may have to press the song in PlayList, and then Reg #1.

Donny, my memory of Korg is fading, hope I didn’t miss something.

Open for correction, John C.
PS, and there is more that makes PlayList great, and your job easier.

#489111 - 02/11/20 08:33 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

On my Sx700 I use the assignable buttons ...

I assign one of the buttons to "REGISTRATION BANK INFORMATION"
then I can easily just hit that assignable button and the reg menu opens up listing all the songs in a list for that bank.......
then I can use the REG buttons + or- to go thru the Pages of songs 8 songs per page....

As far as what songs to pick I just look at the audiences and choose what ever I feel is needed to have a great show. No play list ever...every show is different..

Why waste an assignable button to get to the reg menu. Just press +- regs at the same time...bingo.

#489113 - 02/11/20 10:06 PM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, I'm sorry Mark decided to rehash this;

chas

I'm not and I stand by my convictions!

#489127 - 02/12/20 02:57 AM Re: Rehash discussion SX700 Sx900, Genos PLAYLIST [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think the topic is often confused,and regardless of Donny,has need for clarification. Folders hold banks of 8 regs,and can hold any number of various named sub folder,in USER for example. When folders are confused with BANKS, Everything breaks down in understanding the hierarchy.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online