SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#484911 - 12/22/19 10:43 PM GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
...that can only play with a Yamaha arranger.

YOUR TABLET OF CHOICE NOW TAKES THE FULL PLACE OF THE MODULE

THE YAMAHA OUTPUTS STILL DRIVE THE AMPS

IF YOU CAN USE A MODULE LIVE, THEN YOU CAN USE GROOVYBAND LIVE!

Attachments
Tablet2.JPG

#484912 - 12/22/19 10:53 PM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

No ordinary Yamaha or Roland or Korg styles will play on it. Same as with any other module. Why one might consider using it:

Compared to i.e. a PSR S770

1. MANY more effects
2. 4 lead voices each harmonizeble individually to a different harmony type simultaneously
3. 8 variations
4. 8 fills
5. 8 OTS's
6. 2 breaks
7. Round robin drums like on the Genos
8. Humanized played lead notes (similar to round robin drums but applied to what you play with the lead voices) that includes i.e. decent guitar strumming
9. Style immediate reset
10. Half bar fills
11. Extremely advanced editing capability
12. Intelligent transpose splitpoint that follows where you play your chords and lowers/raises the splitpoint accordingly
13. Also uses registrations
14. You can bind any Yamaha or any other midi transmittable outputs to soft inputs
15. Store pre-setup effects in memory to use in any other place
16. Instantly select a part from another track to play in current variation whilst playing live
17. ONLY connection to Yamaha single USB cable
18. Touchscreen that can also facilitate a mouse
19. Current OTS plays out in FULL in the background whilst new OTS kicks in
20. This is the only place I will update demos of what I am personally able to achieve with it as a user.
21. Pitch or octave shift ANY accompany part even on the fly - listen to the choir voices in my demos

...To name but a few of the improvements over the standard older Yamaha's. The list above are only the ones that I've discovered and can understand. The manual states many more that are currently beyond my grasp or direct needs.

And because it's software driven, the sky is the limit to whatever they choose to ad to it in future WITHOUT you having to change your arranger every time. And there is the user memory on the arranger itself for any newer voices that might be required as an later upgrade (I will not be surprised should they pursue this route in future). Heck, I've already added voices from the GHENOS pack to it & I'm only a novice...

Attachments
Bind01.JPG

#484915 - 12/23/19 12:06 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

List of BINDABLE midi commands

SEQ SS – Sequencer Start/Stop
SSTART – Syncro Start on/off
SSTOP – Syncro Stop on/off
HOLD CHORD – Hold Chord on/off (if on accompaniment plays even with raised left hand)
BASS INV – Bass Inversion on/off
HOLD LEFT – Hold Left Voice(s) on/off
INV RIGHT – Invert Right Voices
OCT UP – Transpose Octave Up for Lead and Aux Voices
OCT DOWN – Transpose Octave Down for Lead and Aux Voices
FADE – Fade on/off
TEMPO HOLD – Tempo Hold on/off
TEMPO LOCK – Tempo Lock on/off
INC TEMPO – Increment tempo bpm
DEC TEMPO – Decrement tempo bpm
TRANSP UP – Transpose one semitone up
TRANSP DOWN – Transpose one semitone down
ACMP LEAD BAL – Balance volume between acmp and lead voices
LEAD PEDWAH – Controller for pedal wah in lead parts
AUX PEDWAH – Controller for pedal wah in aux parts
VAR PEDWAH – Controller for pedal wah in var system bus
LEAD ROTSW – Controller for rotary slow/fast switch in lead parts
AUX ROTSW – Controller for rotary slow/fast switch in aux parts
VAR ROTSW – Controller for rotary slow/fast switch in var system bus
MAIN[1÷8] – Select Main Section (i.e: MAIN3)
FILL[1÷8] – Select Fill
FILL CUR – Select Fill into current Main section
FILL PREV – Select Fill into previous Main section
FILL NEXT – Select Fill into next Main section
BREAK[1÷2] – Select Break
INTRO[1÷3] – Select Intro
ENDING[1÷3] – Select Ending
OTS[1÷8] – Select OTS
OTS LINK – Ots Link on/off (if on, when switching Main Section the linked Ots is selected as well)
OTS LINK MODE – toggles between Ots Link Modes (immediate or delayed to measure start)
APG[1÷8] – Select APG
BEAT RESET – Activate the beat reset

In the following commands [part] can be: DR | PC | BS | CH1 | CH2 | PAD | PH1 | PH2 | A1 | A2 | A3| A4 | L1 | R1 | R2 | R3

VOL [part] – Volume (i.e.: VOL DR)
BAL [part] – Balance
PAN [part] – Pan
SND2REV [part] – Send to Reverb system effect
SND2CHO [part] – Send to Chorus system effect
SND2VAR [part] – Send to Variation system effect
DRY [part] – Dry level
SWITCH [part] – Switch on/off the part in the APG
ENABLE [part] – Enable on/off
MUTE DSP [part] – Mute insert dsp on/off
MUTE STRIP [part] – Mute strip on/off
SOLO STRIP [part] – Solo strip on/off

#484922 - 12/23/19 02:24 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Apart from it being a separate module, or because of it,the capabilities, as well as the sounds, are quite impressive. I have a 12" iPad and Surface Pro. Can either be used, and which is preferable?

Edited by Bernie9 (12/23/19 02:28 AM)

#484925 - 12/23/19 02:43 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Bernie9]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Apart from it being a separate module, or because of it,the capabilities, as well as the sounds, are quite impressive. I have a 12" iPad and Surface Pro. Can either be used, and which is preferable?

Since our software runs only on Windows 10, your only option (perfectly fit for the purpose!!) is the Surface Pro.

Currently no support for Android or iOS devices.

We think, if you do not have it already, a ~10€ bluetooth mouse from Amazon would be a nice addon (when editing/programming). Buy one with the scroll wheel so that you can easily and naturally "turn/move" all the onscreen virtual knobs/faders.

#484930 - 12/23/19 04:41 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Will any or all of these also work as the Surface Pro is hellishly expensive for someone on a tight budget?

#484931 - 12/23/19 04:55 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Henni
I bought a reconditioned one. It works flawlessly.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-3-12-i3-i5-i7-64GB-128GB-256GB-512GB-4GB-8GB-RAM-Win10Pro/162625099952?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

#484946 - 12/23/19 07:08 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

Tx Bernie!

#484948 - 12/23/19 07:20 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
Will any or all of these also work as the Surface Pro is hellishly expensive for someone on a tight budget?

Our software uses a tiny amount of CPU, RAM and SSD resources. Any computing device capable of running Windows 10 can run our software.

What is really important is the screen real estate: the larger the better. Ideally it should be at least 12" (or in that ballpark). The bigger the buttons on screen the easier is to hit them in the hurry of a performance.

The minimum resolution needed is 1366 x 768 pixels.

The tablet we use for testing is a 13" model with 3000 x 2000 pixels resolution. Quad core Atom @1.1 GHz (boosts to 2 GHz).

CPU usage is in the 10÷20% range (mainly due to the overkill resolution that exercises a lot the integrated GPU). On the developers' desktop machines the CPU usage is < 2% (below the noise floor).

The screen is stunning (having 6 Millions pixels crammed in a 13" display means that the dpi are so high that you cannot see the individual pixels).

...... then you look at the integrated display of your Yamaha arranger, and you suddenly discover that gravity brought you back to earth!

#484949 - 12/23/19 07:26 AM Re: GROOVYBAND LIVE! IS ANOTHER MODULE LIKE I.E. SD40 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Tx - I just need an affordable (at least for me) tablet before playing live again.

After using your software for three days already I have absolutely NO concern anymore for playing live with it. Even with my big desktop sitting next to my S770, I find it easy to do as I do not touch the software during the course of a single performance - the bindings take care of all I need.

I could actually use my desktop for that, but apart from the schlep it would appear as if I'm using midi or backtrax when performing live when it's far from the truth.

I am actually looking forward to using a touch screen for all performances!

The ONLY problem I have with your software is that I am so mesmerized by it that I haven't produce any new Revo styles as of late. Because it is my sole source of income, I'll have to snap out of this state some time soon which I find rather hard to do at the moment. I am just having too much fun with it. For me modifying styles have never been more fulfilling than now - the ease with which I change things is hard to relay accurately in words and keep in mind I DO have StyleMagigYA!

Some advice from me: Stop ALTOGETHER referring to your software as a soft arranger or soft synth or whatever. It took me a while to make out what it REALLY is and now that I do, all else fall in place.

It is a FULL FLEDGED MODULE using a touch interface and the Yamaha sound engine - PERIOD! Hence my reason for starting this specific thread. All the flak you've received up to now was because people could not classify your product properly and had all sorts of complaints an weird expectations from it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online