SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#480951 - 11/17/19 04:52 PM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hopefully some will prove useful. I’m all burnt out on style hunting. Haha

Have you started your registration songs OTs yet and play list..

Hi Donny,
I have. and I’m linking mine to an iPad app called songbook+.

My registrations and playlist is going to be real easy, I don’t know that many songs. Haha. I’m starting to practice , though. Better late than never. ( I hope) haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481112 - 11/18/19 08:18 PM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Rikki how many of the styles are you using with your music?

personally 40-50 go to styles is all I need to cover
just about any song I do,..or I might change instrumentation
on the same style etc,..

Edited by Dnj (11/19/19 05:39 AM)

#481116 - 11/18/19 08:45 PM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Ummm, 2 so far, slow starter.

I gotta get off this forum, haha, I talk too much.

Sad, I’m sitting in front of the keyboard now, talking instead of playing. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481127 - 11/19/19 05:41 AM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Dnj

Ummm, 2 so far, slow starter.

I gotta get off this forum, haha, I talk too much.

Sad, I’m sitting in front of the keyboard now, talking instead of playing. Haha

only 2 confused1 ....I hope your working on setting up your Mixed Genre repertoire, playlist, Registration song list, Mp3/Smf songs etc, etc, ..
Holiday, Novelty, and Traditional,

#481150 - 11/19/19 07:48 AM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Rikki,
Suggestion... Pick 1 song you really like each week, and learn it well...including optimizing the sounds etc.

and, each week, go back and play all the ones you learned previously....(at least until you have a long list, Haha)
Lee

#481196 - 11/19/19 12:30 PM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

only 2 confused1 ....I hope your working on setting up your Mixed Genre repertoire, playlist, Registration song list, Mp3/Smf songs etc, etc, ..
Holiday, Novelty, and Traditional,

Hi Donny,
I’ve only used a couple of styles so far, and setup a few songs using those styles with registrations and songbook+
I’m still trying to get some practice ie piano and keyboard, so currently I’m just playing from the sheet music/book itself. A lot of the time I use piano voice, so easy enough to just alter the tempo on the style. I’ve always jotted down notes on the music, ie styles that work. So fairly simple. I have a few favourites that work with most of the music I can play at the moment.
The registrations and songbook+ are going to be a fairly big project for me, have to scan all the music in blah, blah , blah. I’ll just take my time.

Only thing I may need to put a rush on is some Christmas carols. Found out last night 10 year old grandson is learning 4 of them at band practice for his new saxophone. The 2 of us can make beautiful music together ( maybe not) haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481197 - 11/19/19 12:41 PM Re: Part 2 Using NEW Yamaha Styles Replace Old Ones [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Rikki,
Suggestion... Pick 1 song you really like each week, and learn it well...including optimizing the sounds etc.

and, each week, go back and play all the ones you learned previously....(at least until you have a long list, Haha)
Lee

Good suggestion Lee,
I can actually play quite a few, just have to try and focus. I do use, one style in particular for a heap of my showtune type ballads Broadway Ballad, at different tempos , works with at least 20 of my songs at different tempos. I just don’t use the intro’s. Piano Ballad is another one that I use a lot.
When I start setting up registrations, I’ll check out more options.

Btw,
that Somewhere in Time you posted the other day, got me looking for some other John Barry themes, found Sheet music for another for Indecent Proposal . It got me practicing. Thankyou.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online