SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#478059 - 10/15/19 04:53 AM Re: SX900 vs Genos comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Rikki,
Thanks....I need to go somewhere and test out the sounds so I can see how good they are....I know Genos is superb, If the 900 is close...I will probably get that as it is a lot less $$.
I always consider you the Style Lady....or the Lady with Style as well!
Good luck sorting and organizing...
Lee

#478072 - 10/15/19 12:36 PM Re: SX900 vs Genos comparison.. [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By leeboy
Rikki,
Thanks....I need to go somewhere and test out the sounds so I can see how good they are....I know Genos is superb, If the 900 is close...I will probably get that as it is a lot less $$.
I always consider you the Style Lady....or the Lady with Style as well!
Good luck sorting and organizing...
Lee

Hi Lee
unfortunately for me, don’t really have the opportunity of doing a test on a Genos without a 6 to 7 hr drive.
Then as you mentioned also there’s a lot of difference in price. For me Genos was nearly 2 1/2 times the price. I get a really good price thru my regular dealer, they don’t handle the Genos.
After being so involved in korgs for the last 10 years, it’s a big change to swap back to Yamaha. Sooner do my brand change test on the sx than a Genos.

So far it’s been great sorting thru the older styles. Didn’t want to miss out on the ones that will be useful. Piano ballads, and styles from the movie/show catergory, there’s a number of them in the sx, but quite a few were dropped over the years.

The onboard Styles for the old 50s/60s numbers are great with the doowop type voices in the background. Kind of inspiring, have to check back thru my old song albums to see what tunes I have that I can play with these styles.

Either way, which ever one you decide to get , pretty sure it should suit you in regards to the style of music you like to play. I think we had similar tastes.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478227 - 10/17/19 05:03 AM Re: SX900 vs Genos comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Rikki,
Yep some of the same interest in types of music...you converted some Andrew L Webber styles for me. From a critical listening view....if you get some time...tell me how the Orchestral sounds quality is, please. You know the sounds for playing beautiful instrumentals. ( I don't sing so sound quality IS my voice).
Good to hear about the 50/60 styles being nice. Yes, due to cost I am leaning towards the SX900 now too. I hope the keybed is a lot better than the S970 as it was noisey and toy like to me anyways.
Later....
Lee

#478276 - 10/17/19 11:34 AM Re: SX900 vs Genos comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Lee,
can only compare keybed to my ex psrs 950, it is better. Has a better feel and not as clunky.
I’ll try and check out some voices for you.

I did download a Symphonic Yem pak yesterday, haven’t tried it yet, not even sure what’s on it, but it was free from Yamaha Website. It may only be styles, not sure.

Details from site

Created for supporting educational programs for digital keyboards in music schools and arts schools, the Russian Educational Style Pack includes various styles based on symphonic music. You can classical works by Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Glinka and other famous composers. You can get unique symphonic waltzes and marches, baroque music and historic dances (polka, minuet, polonaise and other) as Styles. In addition, this Expansion pack contains Styles for electronic music, the arrangement from digital keyboards class in music schools.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478280 - 10/17/19 12:22 PM Re: SX900 vs Genos comparison.. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Lee,

I did download a Symphonic Yem pak yesterday, haven’t tried it yet, not even sure what’s on it, but it was free from Yamaha Website. It may only be styles, not sure.

Hi , double checked, picture says style expansion, not voice and style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online