SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#47736 - 12/28/05 03:25 AM When You Know the End has Come
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Well, I guess that this Christmas finally signals that the end of Technics is really here.

I can remember when all the talk on here after Christmas would be about all the new keyboards that people got. Sadly if anyone got a new Technics it's an old one.

As for me I got a "Roll-Away-Piano" that should be called a "Throw-Away-Piano", a
violin style bass guitar and amp. Not that I can play a bass and I'm not certain it's worth learning since to play bass you need others to play with. I don't think I've ever seen someone just play bass and sing and besides I don't sing either. But it cool to look at. LOL

But how about the rest of you? Did you get any great musical things for Christmas.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#47737 - 12/28/05 05:28 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Heather
I know what you mean about the lack of a new keyboard this year. I guess for once in my life I will forced to learn the one I have,rather than jumping to something new.
I content myself knowing I have the best board for me,and there is nothing out there I would rather have. Especially when I would have to learn a whole new OS.

I have most of the toys I need,but I did get a Sennheiser wireless mic.It is matched to my Bose and makes even me sound great; well pretty good.

Looking forward to seeing you and Cindy at JAM2.

#47738 - 12/28/05 06:28 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bernie and Heather
I got a booking for new year's eve because my KN7000 also acts as a disco machine through its audio facility which is kind of a perverse Xmas present but welcome all the same...
Rog

#47739 - 12/28/05 07:20 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Bernie9,

"I guess for once in my life I will forced to learn the one I have,rather than jumping to something new."

WELL SAID!!! The people that are anxious to run out and buy a new toy with a few new buttons to push should seriously consider what you said. There is so much to learn on the KN boards if one puts his/her mind to it. Many have never even used the COMPOSER feature. LEARN HOW TO USE IT INSTEAD OF RELYING ON POORLY DONE PRESET STYLES. It is the greatest feeling when you have created your own work. Learn how to customize your sounds and store them in SOUND MEMORY. The COMPOSER, alone is one of the most complex features in the KNs. Anyone says it isn't hasn't fully explored the possibilities. If we all knew HALF what Alec knows, we wouldn't have time to consider a new keyboard.

#47740 - 12/28/05 08:10 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
Bernie9 Offline

Sadly,I am one of them.There are some on the forum like Willum,that has made a study of the inner workings of the composer.Alec is the greatest,and is always ready to solve any problem when he is available. I know there are others to offer help if only we would dig into it and ask questions along the way.

I have always said that we would have a more active forum if we returned to basics. It is hard to get people motivated on a three year old machine,eventhough most do not kmow it properly. John C is another one that has tried to get something going, but with little response.

#47741 - 12/28/05 09:15 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I find it amazingly ironic that this thread has developed at this time, as I spent a good part of Monday and Tuesday playing with the "Sound Control" feature on my kn6000 ... what a difference it has made to a couple of tunes I had put together ...
And, I must admit I have NEVER used the composer feature ... Except for the addition of a hard drive, the kn6 is pretty much as delivered... BUT, as delivered is pretty darn nice !!! ...
t.

#47742 - 12/28/05 09:44 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Tony,

Good for you. Now that you have had a bit of experience in Sound Control, try taking one of the sax sounds (leave Tenor Sax Solist alone for it is perfect) and change the speed of the vibrato and add breath to it, giving it a more intimate sound. Using COMPOSER is much more involved. To begin with, try a slow jazz ballad in the keyboard and copy it in COMPOSER. Once you are in, go into say one of the tracks of DRUMS. Try changing the drums by adding whatever sounds good to you. Use your Quantize button to a beat you want to add. Listen and if you like what you have done, you are starting to use COMPOSER. This is not to say you have much to learn. It is just getting your feet wet so to speak.

By the way, your KN6000 will pretty much do everything in COMPOSER that the KN7000 will do. Good luck.

#47743 - 12/28/05 09:52 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Many of us Technics owner/players are now playing the Yamaha Tyros 2, and we are quite pleased with it.
I have a new forum started for Tyros 2 at: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go
for anyone that is interested.
My 4 Technics Keyboards, KN2600, KN7000, KN6000, KN800 are now getting a well deserved rest.
Happy New Year to everyone and it really doesn't make any difference what you play as long as it sound like GOOD music.
BEst to all
Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
Bill Forrest in Central CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-28-2005).]

#47744 - 12/28/05 10:25 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
nsr007 ... thank you ... Being a big fan of the departed jazz great Paul Desmond, my personal favorite of the sax section is the Soft Alto Soloist ...
But I will try your suggestion ...
t.

#47745 - 12/28/05 10:30 AM Re: When You Know the End has Come
Bernie9 Offline

I thought I would jump in a try it.The parameters all make a big difference.Res,brightness,depth,etc work,but vib speed does not respond.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online