SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#476187 - 09/17/19 07:44 PM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj
How does an arranger keyboard fit into this scenario of longetivity?

It doesn't , because these performers either play the instruments themselves, or have back up bands that play them so there is no need for an arranger keyboard ...

But as we all know just shut off accomp and you can certainly use it in a band... Just sayin..

Of course, and I have, but they aren't ...

#476188 - 09/17/19 07:48 PM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
I changed the topic
to OT as it really has nothing to do with Arrangers. Sorry about that. After reading the mentioned book I did some thinking and wondering. Just piut it up for discussion.

Bill ... Don't know why you felt you needed to apologize and change the title ... Take a look at some of the topics on these pages ...
wink

#476192 - 09/18/19 05:31 AM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Possibly and more likely the "Home Organ, Casioish" stigma is still prominent in Pro KB Players eyes in bands for years is still mentally dominant & looked down upon by fellow musos.

#476193 - 09/18/19 05:37 AM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
124 Offline

Anyway, back to "Why do older bands, etc."

Ask any of us the same question and the answer will invariably be:
"Why not" or "What else would I rather be doing?"

#476196 - 09/18/19 06:17 AM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Most party like a sailor on leave ......when the loot runs out its time to gig again....simple as that.

#476202 - 09/18/19 07:58 AM Re: Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Most party like a sailor on leave ......when the loot runs out its time to gig again....simple as that.

Maybe not that simple ... do you think The Stones or Sir Paul need the money ?!? ...

#476209 - 09/18/19 10:07 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
People like Engelbert Humperdinck, Bobby Rydel, BJ Thomas, Oak ridge Boys, Ronny Milsap............ are all performing in a little 1000 seat theater in my home town, for about $40 a seat. They have been all over the world performing, now they are in North Tonawanda, NY performing a place that I used to go to see movies as a kid.

Probably the same reason all us old folks on Synthzone are still performing.

Because we enjoy it, and we still can make others happy with our music.

https://rivieratheatre.org/events/

Regards,

Jerryghr

#476213 - 09/18/19 11:53 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Maybe they really still enjoy it, maybe its better than sittting home, maybe they just don't know how to say no when the phone rings, maybe the money.
Again the book made me really think about this. They ( the Rascals , after Eddie left and blew the whole thing up) seemed to be still constantly starting new bands and scraping along for years for gigs. From some of the descriptions it didn't seem like it was all fun. Then I thought about some othere acts and questioned their motives. For the big guys I think it a lot easier with better mgt. and lawyers but for the lower tiers its still the constant battles of crappy promotors , etc. etc, etc. Maybe too much OT discussion but I just wondered what others thought.
OK enough of that
How bout that shiny new fangled Yamika music machine ?

#476215 - 09/18/19 11:54 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Maybe they really still enjoy it, maybe its better than sittting home, maybe they just don't know how to say no when the phone rings, maybe the money.
Again the book made me really think about this. They ( the Rascals , after Eddie left and blew the whole thing up) seemed to be still constantly starting new bands and scraping along for years for gigs. From some of the descriptions it didn't seem like it was all fun. Then I thought about some othere acts and questioned their motives. For the big guys I think it a lot easier with better mgt. and lawyers but for the lower tiers its still the constant battles of crappy promotors , etc. etc, etc. Maybe too much OT discussion but I just wondered what others thought.
OK enough of that
How bout that shiny new fangled Yamika music machine ?

Bill maybe that's the way to go in your area
...start a Tribute band?

#476216 - 09/18/19 12:23 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny
Funny you should say that. The guy I sold my JBL505's to is a part time bass player and had a small classic rock trio. Now he announced he's starting a Neil Diamond tribute band. Believe me , I don't know where he thinks he can book it . Maybe a one shot deal at one of the large Hilton Head resorts but thats it. A gig or two in Savannah and Charleston ? There's very little work for bands in general and it better be classic rock or nothing. I'd love nothing better than to do a small tribute band featuring Rascals tunes and others of that style.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online