SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#476254 - 09/19/19 11:24 AM Background Noise in S975
DannyUK Offline

Hi All,

I was playing on a few of my keyboards this evening and I noticed something I hadn't before on my S975. I had the volume on 3/4 of the way up (with nothing playing) when I noticed a small buzzing sound, similar to how it sounds when you increase the volume to high on a power amplifier. I thought nothing of it, but I checked this on all my other 4 keyboards and none of them do this even at max volume, they are totally silent.

Those with S975's, does this happen to yours as well? I am hoping it's normal as I am getting a bit worried. I've only had this keyboard for 3 months and it's not even been used that much.

Thank you.
Danny

#476255 - 09/19/19 11:35 AM Re: Background Noise in S975 [Re: DannyUK]
DannyUK Offline

Ahhh!! sorry please ignore this post, I found the problem. It was coming from the Aux In. It might be a cable issue as I want to plug an MP3 player into the keyboard, so I've ordered another cable (more expensive) in quality to see if this resolves it.

#476260 - 09/19/19 12:30 PM Re: Background Noise in S975 [Re: DannyUK]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DannyUK
Ahhh!! sorry please ignore this post, I found the problem. It was coming from the Aux In. It might be a cable issue as I want to plug an MP3 player into the keyboard, so I've ordered another cable (more expensive) in quality to see if this resolves it.

Check your gain on the aux in parameter of the Yamaha... it may be too high.

#476288 - 09/19/19 03:13 PM Re: Background Noise in S975 [Re: Fran Carango]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By DannyUK

Check your gain on the aux in parameter of the Yamaha... it may be too high.

Don't know about S975, but as I know it, S950 has no control at all over AUX-IN. And AUX-IN doesn't work well on my S950, I have some noises, while the same cable works noiselessly with Juno DS.

But cables indeed can provide a lot of noise especially when an equipment on the other end is turned off.

Edited by Kabinopus (09/19/19 03:14 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online