SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#473105 - 07/18/19 09:53 PM the movie "Rocket man" (Elton John)
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I just saw the movie "Rocket Man" today. I didn't realize the depth and the sensitivity of Elton John in real life or how colorful a person he was and that he was a child prodigy from 3 years old. Mostly I didn't know Bernie Taupin scribbled out the words to "Your Song" at the kitchen table, handed the lyrics to Elton, and Elton composed the music in a matter of minutes.

The man was/is pure genius. Great movie....great acting....great fun!

Your Song story

#473114 - 07/19/19 12:38 AM Re: the movie "Rocket man" (Elton John) [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I’m a huge Elton John fan myself, I did enjoy the movie too. I guess since being a musician I would like to the see thevmusical side of his life rather than the focus on his drug abuse and sex life. But I guess that’s sort thing is more interesting to the general public.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#473159 - 07/19/19 09:19 PM Re: the movie "Rocket man" (Elton John) [Re: montunoman]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Paul.....yes, I would have liked to see more of the "musical side" of him too. But, I think, to understand and appreciate his music you need to know where he's coming from.....the emotional pain and lack of parental love came out in the songs he wrote. After the movie, I went over his list of songs and noticed common denominators....sadness (in general) and a reaching out for genuine love and his wrestling with his bisexuality and eventual homosexuality. Almost every one of his songs had something to say about Elton John the person and not Elton John the genius songwriter or Elton John the flamboyant entertainer.

After seeing the movie, I explored a lot on the Net about him. I found the man to be a fabulous study in all areas of his life. My personal opinion is all musicians have to suffer in their own personal lives to be great artists. Tchaikovsky wrote some of the world's most beautiful music but he paid the price for it by being tormented with his own emotional problems that he suffered with all his life.

Any rate....I'm now a "born-again" Elton John fan!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online